If you could add one player....

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you could add one player to the packers for the rest of this season, and this season only, who would it be? The player has to be healthy at this point in the season, and he would only play for the rest of the year and then be gone. Who do you think would help us the most in our push for the super bowl? Thought it was an interesting question and still not quite sure who I would take but I gotta throw the name Ed Reed out there...God that would be so awesome. Faster than Collins, which is impressive in itself, and about 234632x better in coverage

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ed Reed is a great pick, but i think Rodney Harrison would really make an impact. thats my pick.

OP
OP
P

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Tom Brady.

My God, could you imagine what he could do with the Fab Five.

There is no doubt that he would be the difference and lead this team to the Super Bowl in Arizona.

: )

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Adrian Wilson.. Safety from AZ... dude can play the pass with the best of them and physical in the run.. very smart and instinctive player with a world of range when healthy.

Or...

Brian Dawkins in centerfield... experience and an attitude to the secondary... he is getting near the end of his career but a "healthy" Dawkins can bring it.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Tom Brady.

There is no doubt that he would be the difference and lead this team to the Super Bowl in Arizona.

So RP, Are you saying that the Packers wont make the superbowl because they DON't have Brady? That Favre won't lead the Pack to the Superbowl?

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Tom Brady.

Ban him.

:wink:

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't care if we have plenty of WR's, don't care that we need safetys...Randy Moss is has got to be the nastiest player on earth this season

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Tom Brady.

This is a joke........right?

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, my pick would be Steve Hutchinson because our G's have struggled a bit and Hutchinson is the best in the NFL. He would open up massive holes along with Clifton for Ryan Grant.

Reaction score
DT Kevin Williams.

Our DT rotation is really thin, with Pickett and Harrell injured, Jolly and Cole on IR, I'd like to have another body at DT.

Williams would be able to either provide a rush, or clog running lanes.

Those D-linemen take a beating over the course of a season, which I think is starting to show. Having a great talent like Williams would be so beneficial because of that, and especially at Lambeau since the cold weather would force teams to run more.

I was thinking Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha, giving us an outstanding CB to play the nickle. However, I think stopping the run takes greater priority, and given the recent nicks to our DTs, I decided to go with Williams. I think Bush is good enough to do at least do an adequate job as the nickle given his inexperience, hence another reason I went with a DT.

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you could add one player to the packers for the rest of this season, and this season only, who would it be? The player has to be healthy at this point in the season, and he would only play for the rest of the year and then be gone. Who do you think would help us the most in our push for the super bowl? Thought it was an interesting question and still not quite sure who I would take but I gotta throw the name Ed Reed out there...God that would be so awesome. Faster than Collins, which is impressive in itself, and about 234632x better in coverage

packers coulda drafted reed but went for a WR intstead(walker) when they coulda got their WR a year earlier in the draft but picked bust reynolds over reggie wayne, chad johnson and steve smith. not to mention shermans pick of carroll over BOB SANDERS!!

imagine bob, ed, woodson and al. :shock:

Reaction score
Actually, my pick would be Steve Hutchinson because our G's have struggled a bit and Hutchinson is the best in the NFL. He would open up massive holes along with Clifton for Ryan Grant.

Hm, the G spot didn't cross my mind but I wouldn't mind that player either.

OP
OP
P

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer_backer said:

packers coulda drafted reed but went for a WR intstead(walker) when they coulda got their WR a year earlier in the draft but picked bust reynolds over reggie wayne, chad johnson and steve smith. not to mention shermans pick of carroll over BOB SANDERS!!

Hindsight is 20/20. We're just one of 31 teams that passed on Bob Sanders

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ed Reed would be my pick too. He's a ball hawking playmaker. I think he's the best safety in the game today.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The issue with Reed in my opinion is he gambles alot, yes he makes big plays, but he jumps alot of routes and can be had with a solid double move. But he isn't a bad choice either.

It would be the safety position to me.. locking our coverages down would allow us to play more in the box with the front seven and solidify the run defense.

A year or two from now... LaRon Laundry will be the best safety in the game... unreal range and heady player... a great safety allows you to do so much in the front end of a defense.

We are okay at safety, but a true playmaker back there would make our defense a lights out type of D. IMO.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Asante Samuel, very good cornerback, I always thought this would be perfect, we have him and the pats don't.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer_backer said:

Actually Chad Johnson was available after Walker -- they were in the same draft. The previous year Wolf passed up Chris Chambers to pick Robert Ferguson, based on Sherman's advice. As for Bob Sanders, he was available when we picked Nick Collins in the second round, which was TT pick not Sherman's and a different year than Carroll was picked.

As for the Reynolds pick, that was Wolf's last draft. When Wolf traded Hasselbach to move up to the #10 pick, Sherman said that we needed a pass rushing DE. Wolf took the top rated pass rushing DE, Reynolds and he was a bust. We passed up a ton of other players at that time. Wolf also found a late round gem in KGB to be our stud pass rusher for years.

There's a lot of coulda shoulda woulda when it comes to the draft. There's a lot of teams that passed up all of the players you mentioned and many would obviously pick differently had they known. That is not what this thread is about.

I agree with the suggestion of Kevin Williams. A major strength of our defense this year has be the DL. The injuries at DT could come back to haunt us in the playoffs.

GO PACK GO!!!

Members online

Latest posts