If You Could Add Any Player In History To This Team Who Would It Be?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CHFF had an interesting article before the superbowl,http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...awesome_CHFF_2011_all-time_fantasy_draft.html

the premise - This isn't best player available, necessarily, it's "Who does this team most need to be good next year?"

so take a look at the list they have and tell me who you think would take this team over the edge. You can either go with someone who has been taken or hasnt, maybe both I guess.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Player that has been picked - Lawrence Taylor. This defense with him would get more picks and more sacks, and not just a few, it would be double digit more.

Player that hasnt been picked. - Tough tough choice. Could make an argument for so many players. But it came down to just two, Anthony Munoz and Bob Lilly. Lilly was a 7x first team all pro at DT, few if any were better at his position. consistently dominate. You would have no one missing Cullen Jenkins if we had Lilly. Now the other choice was Munoz, and the argument here is that he was arguably the best left tackle of all time. He would lock down Rodgers blind side and you wouldnt have to worry about it til the Rodgers was retired.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Picked - Lawrence Taylor

Not Picked - Ray Lewis (AJ to the bench). This defense would just look so much more physically scarier.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense = Randy Moss or Bo Jackson in their prime.
Defense = Bring back Reggie, baby! Or Deion Sanders, or Ronnie Lott.

Actually, my list is pretty huge, lol, I'll stop there.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Reggie could handle being a 3-4 end. He definitely had the size to excel in the role. Not to mention being one of the most powerful, talented DEs of all time.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yea I know he could handle it, but I'm saying if you have the greatest DE ever, you would want to build a 4-3, so he can do what he does best which is rushing the QB.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Any player from our own history I would say Reggie White.

Just look at our Defensive line. Got Clay, Reggie, and BJ. Man we'd be killing teams with the pass rush and blitz.

But any player in the history of the NFL I will say Earl Campbell cause Earl was just a damn tank!!! You see all those clips of him just running over guys, think of how hard he would be to tackle today. And he would be a premium back without us ruining his body trying to the run ball every single down. The NFL was a much more vicious game in his days, and it saddens me to see what has happened to his body from taking so much pressure.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I'd go with Barry Sanders. Adding a back like him would simply make this offense unreal.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your going to add a back to this offense I personally would go with Faulk. Over every other back, only bc of him catching passes in this offense. Best pass catching RB of all time. And Earl Campbell is my favorite RB of all time, so that wasnt easy for me haha.

RS what do you think?

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, Barry Sanders is the best running back of all time. I'd put him on our offense, no question.

For defense, either Reggie again or Lawrence Taylor, both of whom have already been mentioned but are great shouts.

engelke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was always a huge Curtis Martin fan. hell of a runner, and a very gracious guy off the field. would have loved to see him in the green & gold, instead of Herm Edwards running him into the ground in new york.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Reggie White, with Don Caper's blitz packages, I don't think a team would want to throw the ball.

On offense, who ever would be a great offensive lineman, I don't any but I think would be a huge key to our offense getting set.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Although he has already been mentioned multiple times, for me it would be who I consider the best player on defense I ever saw: Reggie White. And since this is a fantasy, I'll take the 1987 version please. In that strike-shortened season, Reggie recorded 21 sacks in just 12 games. In the base, Pickett/Green could trade off at NT, Raji would be the strong-side DE, and Reggie would take the pass-rushing DE spot on the weak-side that Jenkins played last season and Raji will likely play in the base this year. Opponents couldn't run the ball and they couldn't double team Reggie, Clay, and Raji on passing downs. And you think the Packers' defensive backfield is good? Ya, me too. But shortening the time they'd have to cover would make 'em invincible. When Capers wanted to go 2-4-5, White and Raji would still record some sacks.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dave Robinson. The heck with Lawrence Taylor. I'd put Dave Robinson on the outside opposite Mathews and still win the Superbowl and stay within the salary cap - as with LT, we would be over the cap...