1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If The Packers Can Sherman---------------

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PACKATTACK4, Dec 26, 2005.

1. PACKATTACK4

PACKATTACK4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone thought about if the Packers can Sherman, is there any NFL team who would be interested in him? I can't think of any. He was unqualified to lead this team(look at his and Rosley's coaching resume, it makes one sick). The only consistencies he has brought to Green Bay are a downward spiral. How many times this year has the Pack been down close to the goal line and has false starts, many at home (can't use the noise as an excuse). Two great examples, Steelers, first and goal at the two, easy to punch it in on the ground, two false starts, now at the 12, they blitz, Brett gets blindsided, touchdown Steelers. Last night, first and goal at the 3, 2:40 left, false start, the Pack ends up with a field goal and runs valuable time off the clock. My point is this happens all the time, where is the Head Coaches attention to detail. Another thing is who is coaching Brett; Sherman , Rosley, and a young former QB from a running team. No experience or credibility. Like Bradshaw said yesterday, Brett needs Holmgren, (Mooch, I think would be close). Did anyone watch the Seahawks-Colts game, looked earily like the '96 Packers, run down the field, play action pass freezes the linebackers, TOUCHDOWN!!!!! Take note Sher-Rosley for your next High School job.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One name immediatly pops into my mind.... Millen! Seriously, I think he would even hire me if only I applied.

Also:

Chiefs (Vermiel is gone)
    Jets (Reports of Herm leaving)
    Cowboys (if Parcells leaves)
    Redkins (If Gibbs retires)

3. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he'd get the job in Houston. Reeves is pretty high on Sherman from what I hear. Remeber also that there may be 6-8 openings this offseason and not a lot of big name candidates out there. Sherman might be one of the hottest commodities.

4. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    and he would suck there too..imo...

He deserves to be with Reeves..(another coach who couldn't get 'er done...!)

5. PACKATTACK4

PACKATTACK4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If Sherman would be one of the hotter candidates, LET 'ER RIP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let's "pass the trash" as they do in that card game.

6. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All the teams mentioned by all about da packers are possibilities, and I would also add Buffalo and St. Louis to the mix. If there are 6-8 openings, Sherman would probably find a home somewhere. If there are fewer openings than that, he may have to settle for a job as an offensive coordinator or position coach.

I think Sherman is known around the league as a solid guy, but not a brilliant guy. He might be an attractive pick for a GM who is just trying to establish some respectability, which is why Houston and Detroit would be the best candidates.

7. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Send him to Detroit that means two easy wins for us next year !!!

8. PACKATTACK4

PACKATTACK4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Detriot with ShermRosley would be awesome for the Pack. However they would probably then fire Millen for another in the long line of blunders.

9. Packman4Favre

Packman4Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you think Ray Rhodes would come back? he'd be an upgrade LOL!

10. Packman4Favre

Packman4Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Packattack LOL :bow:

11. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love how all of you believe you know so much more than Ron Wolf -- who hired Sherman. I also love how quickly some of you want to demean Dan Reeves who calls Sherman one of the best coaches in the game and would recommend him for the Houston job in a nano second. The New York Jets are also rumored to be interested in him if he is available.

But the truth is that there are way too many variables that will play out before any of us will have a clear picture of what jobs will go to whom.

I know some of you are not prone to use of logic, but just for shits and giggles try doing a little math. How many coaches fail in the NFL Vs how many succeed? How many house clearings of coaches results in success and how many end in further failure?

12. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And Herman Edwards is a fine coach which shows how much respect Sherman has around the league. I hope that if Edwards and Sherman are both fired, the Packers would give some serious thought to bringing Edwards into Green Bay.

13. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that Herman Edwards is a fine Coach. I don't know that most are cut out for coaching under the microscope that comes with any New York sports franchise.