IF.... The Improbable Happens.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he will come back for sure because he said as long as he can play at a high level he will keep playing. if he wins the sb he wont hesitate to return.

I disagree. One of the reasons he said he was coming back is because he wants another shot at the SB. If he were to win it I think he would announce his retirement WHILE holding the trophy that sunday night.

I think that would be picture perfect. Pats keep blowing people out. Packers eeking out wins. Both end up in the SB and all the pundits pick NE to win BIG. Then somehow GB pulls it out with an unbelievable day by Brett. He gets the SB MVP and then retires on top.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even Though Brett would not go out with 2 SB wins in a row, he would be( I think) the one NFL qb who won a SB ring 10 years apart, not to mention in 2 different centuries.
Packers win the SB, Brett still playing at a high level, he would come back!!!

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this "woulda" "coulda" stuff is making me un-easy...

Let's just focus on one game at a time...as the Packers seem to be doing, hopefully.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let's just focus on one game at a time...as the Packers seem to be doing, hopefully.

Weren't you the one railing on and on about how we "shoulda" gotten a RB?

NJPackFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would love to see him go out on top if that were to go down. Nothing would be a better final chapter to a career than walking off with the Lombardi Trophy, bringing it back to where it belongs.

I think he would choose to retire too, because as others stated, he said he came back because he wants to win another championship. If he won it, it would only be fitting to end things that way. I would bawl like a baby if we won it, and on field, he made it known that that was it. He'd be bawling like a baby too.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i also would be bawling. I just don't see Favre as the type of guy that could bring himself to go out on top. All Brett EVER talks about is winning, and how much he loves winning. When I said he was greedy, that's what I was referring to. If he wins it all, I think he'll want to do it again.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Yeah. So.

What's yer point?

I still think we need a running back...don't you?

I get uneasy when we start getting ahead of ourselves and talking about wins we haven't gotten yet?

Didn't you reach the Chapter on "humility" yet in Lutheran school?

In Catholic school, they used to whack that chapter into you with their beads....

(It tickled, but I kinda liked it.. :shock: )

"Whatever happened to Cal2GreenBay"?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd love to have a pro-bowl RB. I'm a fan. I can say woulda coulda shoulda all day long, and it doesn't make one bit of difference, and it doesn't make me uneasy. BUT, if the coaches and players sit around thinking woulda coulda shoulda, THAT would make me uneasy. And I guess, for me, dreaming about the future is different than being upset about the past.

And I think I still need some work on the humility thing. Maybe if they started using beads around here, they'd have a little better luck with me!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Aaron is busy holding the clipboard, during the season he has no time to post.

Maybe he should get a laptop :shock:

On what Brett may do.. I think Aaron has a message.. Seriously, all joking aside, I could see Brett going either way with or without a Superbowl, but I think right now it is too much fun for him to walk away from.

On a future note, with the way he has taken to being involved with the playcalling, it won't surprise me to see him take a asst coaching job at some level.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Fuzznuts said:

Yeah. So.

What's yer point?

I still think we need a running back...don't you?

I get uneasy when we start getting ahead of ourselves and talking about wins we haven't gotten yet?

Didn't you reach the Chapter on "humility" yet in Lutheran school?

In Catholic school, they used to whack that chapter into you with their beads....

(It tickled, but I kinda liked it.. :shock: )

I would like to put here what I THINK I heard MM say and what I THINK I saw this week.

I believe in his evaluation of the overall run game during the off week MM came to the conclusion an extensive multi-back system does NOT work. Whoever the running back is needs to get in and get enough reps to get in a flow. This WOULD have been Wynn but he went down early. MM stuck with the plan and Grant took advantage.

This part is only a segment of all MM went over and one part that changed. I am sure the "0" line blocking issues were addressed at length as well.

Having said this we have two young RB's( I think Mo will be gone next year) and what happens the rest of this year will determine whether or not anyone new is brought in. It is problematic from the standpoint that both need the work to see what they can do but only one (Grant right now) is going to be given the ball.

I think it's absolutely the right thing to do to go with one guy for the lions share. It's too hard to know what the problems are with so many guys going in and out. The runner needs to know the blockers and the blockers need to know the runner and what he does.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope he retires after winning that Super Bowl. So many things can happen from one year to the next...injuries being a MAJOR influence.

Regardless, I'd rather see him go out like Elway other than Jordan. Jordan had the PERFECT ending to a career, winning the finals on the fade away jump shot, but he couldn't let it go. He had to come back, and be just a shell of the Jordan we knew.

So yes, after we stomp the Patsies ***** in the Super Bowl, Brett should call it a career. As much as I will hate to see him go.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny.

That's what they said last year, and the year before.."that Favre should retire because he is washed up and the he is not "the future" of Green Bay".

Moral of the story?

Never bet against the Favre! :lol:

He could go a few more years...

If they go deep in the playoffs, I think he comes back next year, and hopefully Tedford will add a couple of key free agents that'll put the Packers over the top.

Hell, New England did it last year, and look where they are now!

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
On a future note, with the way he has taken to being involved with the playcalling, it won't surprise me to see him take a asst coaching job at some level.

I highly disagree. I think Favre will disappear at least for a couple years. With all him and his family has gone thru, he'll need time for himself. After that, I still don't see him coaching, I see him possibly in the booth, but I don't see him as a coach.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Fuzznuts said:

I highly disagree. I think Favre will disappear at least for a couple years. With all him and his family has gone thru, he'll need time for himself. After that, I still don't see him coaching, I see him possibly in the booth, but I don't see him as a coach.

Favre is not going to coach. He is going to enjoy his life. Maybe open up a couple of restaurants, buy a couple of auto dealerships, mow his lawn, play golf, and drink beer. That is retirement.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
axelred13 said:
Pack93z said:
Fuzznuts said:

Favre is not going to coach. He is going to enjoy his life. Maybe open up a couple of restaurants, buy a couple of auto dealerships, mow his lawn, play golf, and drink beer. That is retirement.

I thought you said he is going to ENJOY life...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny.

That's what they said last year, and the year before.."that Favre should retire because he is washed up and the he is not "the future" of Green Bay".

Moral of the story?

Never bet against the Favre! :lol:

He could go a few more years...

If they go deep in the playoffs, I think he comes back next year, and hopefully Tedford will add a couple of key free agents that'll put the Packers over the top.

Hell, New England did it last year, and look where they are now!

I agree with this statement. if we go deep in the playoffs but don't win it all, I think he should and will come back. but If we win the superbowl i think he should not come back but he will come back.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanna see Favre ride off into the sunset.

Unless of course, we get this new feature back and improve every aspect of the team to allow them to dominate? Then Favre, go ahead and come back.

I wanna see Favre throw 50 TD's. But that won't happen.

Members online

Latest posts