IF.... The Improbable Happens.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, The Pats look to be unstoppable.

BUT LET"S JUST PRETEND FOR A MOMENT...

The Packers make the Superbowl.... Then win it.

The question is... As a Brett Farve fan.

Do you want him to walk away on top. Do you want him to leave at the zenith of his career like Elway? Do you want the GunSlinger to ride off to the sunset.......

Or do you want him to come back?

I would like to see him ride off. Spend his time with Deanna and the girls. Hunt, Fish, and kill Beaver.

It would be perfect... Not perfect at this time, but perfect for his hall of fame induction and how future generations will look back at him and his footprint on the game.

R.P.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I would like to see him ride off. Spend his time with Deanna and the girls. Hunt, Fish, and kill Beaver.

R.P.
I think Ward, June, and Wally would disagree with this. :lol: :D :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now....on the serious side.......i think if we won the SB, i'd want him to go out that way. It would be a huge loss for us as fans, but IDEAL for him.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

I would want him to come back and do it one more time!

(R.P...Why so rough on the beaver?) :shock:

Reaction score
Hm, tough question.

I don't know, the temptation of having Brett come back to a team that will improve next year, as a leader that still has something left in the tank is very enticing. I'd love to see Favre play another year if he still has it, because every since I've been a kid, I've seen #4 taking snaps behind center (kinda shows how young I still am, lol).

But you can't dream of a better ending than Brett going out on top. And that is why I'd probably want him to retire if he won it all, so generations from now people will look back and say "he left at the top of the game, he left on his own terms", which is what Brett said a while back (something along the lines of him not wanting to keep playing only to realize he has lost it and can't keep up with the others in the NFL).

But I'd be shedding a few tears if the Packers won it all, because of happiness and because of knowing there is a very real chance that Brett too would want to go out being sure of himself as not having stuck around longer than he needed to.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Hm, tough question.

I don't know, the temptation of having Brett come back to a team that will improve next year, as a leader that still has something left in the tank is very enticing. I'd love to see Favre play another year if he still has it, because every since I've been a kid, I've seen #4 taking snaps behind center (kinda shows how young I still am, lol).

But you can't dream of a better ending than Brett going out on top. And that is why I'd probably want him to retire if he won it all, so generations from now people will look back and say "he left at the top of the game, he left on his own terms", which is what Brett said a while back (something along the lines of him not wanting to keep playing only to realize he has lost it and can't keep up with the others in the NFL).

But I'd be shedding a few tears if the Packers won it all, because of happiness and because of knowing there is a very real chance that Brett too would want to go out being sure of himself as not having stuck around longer than he needed to.

This is a great post. A great read!

Just the kind of insight I was hoping a thread like this would bring out.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

I would want him to come back and do it one more time!

Me too, for several reasons:
1) Packers will have 4 SB wins. The Niners and the Cowboys have 5. Favre still gives us the best chance next year to win #5. No offense to Aaron of course.
2) Elway has 2 SB wins. I was so sick and tired of hearing Favre compared to Elway. If Favre has 3 rings, that's one more than Elway, and Favre has him beat in every other category. I think the comparisons will die right then and there forever.
3) See #1. There are plenty of Niner fans here that I would just love to rub it in their faces. And you all know how much I hate the Cowboys.

I do however think that if the Packers win the SB this year, next year, we should be trying to get Aaron as many snaps as possible. The sad thing is Brett won't be around forever and both MM & TT have faith in Aaron, so they think he has what it takes obviously. He just needs game time.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think one more year after this one and Favre can turn the keys over to Rodgers for many years to come.

That is, if the Pack wins the SB in those years. :lol:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In away I want him to retire so my last memory of Favre is him holding up the Lombardi Trophy. However I'm greedy. I'd want him to come back so we can go for more.

I'd respect his decision no matter what though.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he probably would come back if he won the Super Bowl, and I would want him to. I'm worried about him wearing down at the end of the season, and if he wins the Super Bowl, that would almost certainly mean he didn't wear down and he'll be ready to go another year at least.

McCarthy's coaching style and all of these young players have really helped revitalize Brett, although mostly it's a tribute to his work ethic, which is vastly underappreciated.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if we just go deep into the playoffs this year, I think it would be a great way for Favre to go out. I would hate not seeing him play, but this has been such a great season so far and I don't know if we could (really) hope for a better ending.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he will come back for sure because he said as long as he can play at a high level he will keep playing. if he wins the sb he wont hesitate to return.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had to be honest with myself I'd say I hope he quits and is forever remembered as a legend going out on top. IF we would win it, let's face it, it would be because of some luck and a big upset therefore I wouldn't be as positive that we could do it again. Just imagine how sad it would be if he came back and got injured or we had a bad year again. I don't think there will be someone as lucky as Elway to go out winning back to back again.

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't fiting for Brett to go out winning a super bowl. He needs to play until Aaron Rodgers becomes his quarterback coach. Then, when I figure Favre is around 57 or 58 - but the Packers will be bad at this point, given earlier in that year a good portion of Wisconsin will be devastated in the war against the machines - Favre will beat the odds makers, defeating the heavily favored Chicago Cybornetic Bears on a last second touchdown strike to Donald Driver Jr. bringing the Packers to a 1-15 record for the season. Tragically, Robo-lacher delivered a vicious shot to Favre, killing him at the 50 yard line. The Packer fans light Lambeau Field ablaze in memoriam for the legend. Now THAT'S the way he should go out.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we arnt going to win the superbowl this year and brett will be back, but for some crazy reason we did, i say brett retires and he would probably

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd hate to see him go, but I can't think of a better way for him to go out. Why risk coming back for another year and possibly ending his career with an injury, or another 4-12 season. I'd be riding into the sunset for damn sure if we won the Super Bowl. Go out on top.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I surely would hate to see him leave, as he can still play at a high level. But if he would win another super bowl, I would say he should retire and go out on top. He deserves that. I really think he would be lost for a few years without football in his life. He is an everyday kind of guy that would get pretty bored just being at home.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd call it a Brett Favre decision to make and leave it at that.

Favre is the man now and I am thoroughly enjoying Favre's reborn career with 4, may be 5 best wide outs of his career to throw to.

If he wants to quit, so be it but I would say he will come back.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind seeing him retire if they won the SB..

Like Obi said it is his call, and if he did retire then, I would be perfectly happy with that..

I got see greatness play his entire career, and will never ask for more then what he wants to give.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy is just nutz (and passionate) enough to come back for another should they win although of course it would be the ideal cap to his career.

Unfortunately should it come to that the first question as he's holding the trophy isn't going to be "what does this mean to you and the Packers" it'll be "are you going to retire now?"

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bt_impaler said:
It isn't fiting for Brett to go out winning a super bowl. He needs to play until Aaron Rodgers becomes his quarterback coach. Then, when I figure Favre is around 57 or 58 - but the Packers will be bad at this point, given earlier in that year a good portion of Wisconsin will be devastated in the war against the machines - Favre will beat the odds makers, defeating the heavily favored Chicago Cybornetic Bears on a last second touchdown strike to Donald Driver Jr. bringing the Packers to a 1-15 record for the season. Tragically, Robo-lacher delivered a vicious shot to Favre, killing him at the 50 yard line. The Packer fans light Lambeau Field ablaze in memoriam for the legend. Now THAT'S the way he should go out.

Agreed.

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And by the way he's playing this year - projecting 20 more years is an underestimate.

Members online

Latest posts