If only the Pack had the run threat!

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our running game is fine, I think people get impatient because of the lack of some home run running back like Chris Johnson, A.D., or M.J.D. but the fact of the matter is our running game is the perfect compliment to the way our offense operates. We have an unbelievable group of receivers and we utilize them perfectly. We run the ball between the tackles for 4 or 5 yards at a time to keep 2 to 3 linebackers in the box and when a defense is forced to recognize we will run the ball out of the shotgun on any down they have to keep in 3 to 4 down linemen and multiple linebackers thusly allowing us to pick defenses apart with our pass. We have very talented backs but no home run threats, but that's exactly what we need. Backs that do the dirty work in order to allow the home runs over the top to Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, and Cobb.
I totally agree! Our backs have the talent. I think we just need more consistentcy in the oline.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Well, I don't think it is quite that simple. I agree that our backs are fine. No one doubts that our receivers are unparalleled, but we still need good play calling. There were times last year that the play calling was suspect at best. If we work the game plan correctly our corps of receivers can make the running backs even better than they are and the backs are good enough to make the receivers even better than they are. I am not here to say that I know the exact balance (if I did, I'd want the OC job), but we all know what a run threat can do for a passing game and what a passing game can do for a run threat, and I think we have the players to excel at both if the two phases are properly balanced to compliment one another.

Members online

Latest posts