I love Ted Thompson

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to proclaim my love for him.

oh and when asked about the win tonight he replies " we have to start preparing. Because our goal isnt to win this game, its to win the next game. Our season isnt over yet."

though, I would have loved him more if he would have said something like "well I gotta get back to Green Bay and mail out a box a snickers, I hear Brett isnt going anywhere."

Can we give him a raise or something?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we give him a raise or something?
If he agrees that #4 will never ever be retired, then I will take up a collection here on this forum and in the streets and send him whatever I make.

I read ya loud and clear ivo. I was feeling the TT admiration after this win as well.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like where his focus is at. He is clearly driven and must motivate this team.

Teddy is a genius!!! He made something out of nothing when our "nothing" was really the essence of a SB bound team.

Congrats Teddy!!! Happy for you!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have one of the best in the league. What the guy has done with filling holes on the fly. Wow. Just wow.
I don't know how he does it.
Seeing talent that is there that no one else sees.
We gotta keep him around.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I really love him that he didn't let Burnt Fail back in.
After the 2008 NFCCG disaster, anyone would be insane to be against TT, MM for not letting BrINT come back to his starting job.
So many thanks to TT for letting go of BrINT and letting Aaron come in.

Yes, a new era has begun and all the credit goes to TT!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. The TT haters and Favreies have to be banging their heads against the wall right now.

All I gotta say is neener. Neener. Neener.

Oh, and f**k you!

GO PACK!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So Ted was on Fox6 blitz from Milwaukee

Wife never really see him speak before, she wanted to know what was wrong with him lol

told her that is how he always is...

He didnt gloat, gave all the praise to the coaches and EVERYONE that works for the Packers

Was even mentioned how he was gone this week scouting, always looking

12theTruth

1.2.3 here comes the bashing for bringing up an old thread, but the rules clearly state to search for a similarly created post and use that one instead of creating a new one..... SO THERE! lol

Since this thread was started before I joined the forum, I just wanted to add my appreciation for the old white haired guru. Not a day goes by that I don't realize how LUCKY we Packer fans are to have had 2 GREAT GM's and 2 GREAT QB's over the last two decades.

Ted Thompson's best decision will always be drafting Aaron Rodgers and we are still enjoying the fruits of that wise decision. The Ted worship has waned more recently with good reason as even the best of them have some misses now and then.

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
It's easy to pick apart every move and every pick that doesn't pan out. But the fact that we're disappointed with anything short of perfection says a lot about this organization. Most teams in the league would kill to have the kind of consistent success we've had in the past 20+ years. And we owe a lot of that success to Wolf and Thompson.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

crefan53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've gotten to where I hardly read anything from the ****** Sentinal anymore. The negativity of their writers gets old fast.
If they put together a little winning streak they'll crown them the best thing since sliced bread.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wake up every morning and say "Ted Thompson is our GM, Mike McCarthy is our Head Coach and Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback. Boy, did God bless the Green Bay Packers."

But on a serious note, there were many doubters when Thompson came to town with McCarthy a year later. Not many people were willing to give him a chance when he went with Rodgers over Favre. Not many people wanted to see him build through the draft instead of sign big name free agents and let a few of our veterans walk. Not many people gave Thompson a chance and that made it even sweeter when he turned this talent-deprived team under Mike Sherman into a Super Bowl winning team, and perennial contender.

So, while I scroll through all these forums today, calling for a firing of half the organization and complaining about this-and-that, I'm comfortable because Ted Thompson is our GM, and as we learned last time he was under this much criticism, greener grasses are on the horizon.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, while I scroll through all these forums today, calling for a firing of half the organization and complaining about this-and-that, I'm comfortable because Ted Thompson is our GM, and as we learned last time he was under this much criticism, greener grasses are on the horizon.
Before the first SB the criticism was unbearable. The hatred for this man was unbelievable. His motivation was seen as wanting to destroy the Packers because of his ego. How that made sense, I don't know. Most of those people when addressing it now say "Well, I was always liked him, I was a little concerned thought that he didn't use FA to get Favre a few weapons so we could win another SB." Criticism now is very tempered.

Members online

Latest posts