I know it's early but....

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I think that the Davante injury has been a blessing in disguise... Greg Jennings and Cris Carter made a comment about it recently, and they're probably right.

Because it has "forced" Lazard and Kumerow into the lineup and sped up the developmental time of MVS due to this

Just to play devils advocate, I know it is year 2 rather than rookie year and MLF now calling plays. But Gmo was out basically all last year, Cobb was hurt and EQB wasn't suited up a few times....MVS had all last year to develop quicker. And there are still discussions, at least on here, that he isn't totally a #2 guy yet. So guys being forced into the line up and developing may not be the greatest thing. And that was all with Adams playing all year so he was getting all the attention. Now Adams isn't there to free up MVS.

Depending how you view it, could be a hindrance. Again, this is just me playing devils advocate. It is great to see the team grinding out victories without Adams, it is forcing them to run an offense and Rodgers cannot be set on finding Adams or bust. Last few weeks Rodgers has been making plays like he is 26, not 36. That is where I feel the benefit is. It is almost forcing Rodgers to depend on MLF's offense and schemes.

D

Deleted member 6794

I typed that Tuesday. They played Washington (minus Thielen or however you spell it) on Thursday. Hindsight.

True, but it doesn't change the fact the Vikings didn't look unstoppable against a terrible Redskins team.

So guys being forced into the line up and developing may not be the greatest thing.

Depending how you view it, could be a hindrance.

I agree that players being forced into action isn't automatically a good thing but if they improve because of it I don't see any issue.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to play devils advocate, I know it is year 2 rather than rookie year and MLF now calling plays. But Gmo was out basically all last year, Cobb was hurt and EQB wasn't suited up a few times....MVS had all last year to develop quicker. And there are still discussions, at least on here, that he isn't totally a #2 guy yet. So guys being forced into the line up and developing may not be the greatest thing. And that was all with Adams playing all year so he was getting all the attention. Now Adams isn't there to free up MVS.

Depending how you view it, could be a hindrance. Again, this is just me playing devils advocate. It is great to see the team grinding out victories without Adams, it is forcing them to run an offense and Rodgers cannot be set on finding Adams or bust. Last few weeks Rodgers has been making plays like he is 26, not 36. That is where I feel the benefit is. It is almost forcing Rodgers to depend on MLF's offense and schemes.

If you recall, last year was a dumpster fire on offense. Mike McCarthy... don't need to say much more.

The fact that Aaron Rodgers, a 2 time MVP, relegated to being mired in said dumpster fire, with no support from his immediate staff, who couldn't trust his 3 new, young receivers, somehow has built the relationships and is realizing the success we see today is remarkable. MVS learning ANYTHING in that toxic environment was a plus. Same for EQ, Geronimo, along with the early IR'd Kumerow and the PS Lazard. I never saw Rodgers so incredibly pissed off and discouraged in my life.

This really has been a blessing in disguise. We are seeing some amazing play from all of our young WRs - especially the emergence of Allen Lazard, and we are also witnessing a camaraderie between Rodgers and his receivers unlike anything since the 2010 SB winning season. And, we are only 8 weeks into the season.

The numbers are not pointing to this being a hindrance, at all...

3rd Down Passing v. OAK/KC

12/15 215 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
158.3 QB Rating

Rodgers has thrown for over 300 yds with 3+ TDs and 0 INT in back to back weeks. No other Packers QB has ever done it even once. Ever.

Aaron Rodgers current passer rating when targeting individual Packers WRs:

Kumerow 145.1
Lazard 134.8
J. Williams 131.4
A. Jones 126.3
Vitale 118.8
Graham 118.5
Lewis 111.8
Adams 106.6
MVS 105.7
Allison 96.7

Shepherd 16.7

And, Gutes did add Ryan Grant, someone Davante Adams propped highly... I think we are going to be OK, and the numbers are looking pretty sweet, especially just 8 weeks into a completely new system.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers has thrown for over 300 yds with 3+ TDs and 0 INT in back to back weeks. No other Packers QB has ever done it even once. Ever.

FYI Favre had 12 games with at least 300 passing yards and three TDs while not throwing an interception. Majkowski did it once as well.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you recall, last year was a dumpster fire on offense. Mike McCarthy... don't need to say much more.

The fact that Aaron Rodgers, a 2 time MVP, relegated to being mired in said dumpster fire, with no support from his immediate staff, who couldn't trust his 3 new, young receivers, somehow has built the relationships and is realizing the success we see today is remarkable. MVS learning ANYTHING in that toxic environment was a plus. Same for EQ, Geronimo, along with the early IR'd Kumerow and the PS Lazard. I never saw Rodgers so incredibly pissed off and discouraged in my life.

This really has been a blessing in disguise. We are seeing some amazing play from all of our young WRs - especially the emergence of Allen Lazard, and we are also witnessing a camaraderie between Rodgers and his receivers unlike anything since the 2010 SB winning season. And, we are only 8 weeks into the season.

The numbers are not pointing to this being a hindrance, at all...

3rd Down Passing v. OAK/KC

12/15 215 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
158.3 QB Rating

Aaron Rodgers current passer rating when targeting individual Packers WRs:

Kumerow 145.1
Lazard 134.8
J. Williams 131.4
A. Jones 126.3
Vitale 118.8
Graham 118.5
Lewis 111.8
Adams 106.6
MVS 105.7
Allison 96.7

Shepherd 16.7

And, Gutes did add Ryan Grant, someone Davante Adams propped highly... I think we are going to be OK, and the numbers are looking pretty sweet, especially just 8 weeks into a completely new system.
AR and MM were not on the same page last season. Various reports said there was a rift between the two. Ultimately MM is responsible, but it is very likely AR was in part responsible as well.

Let's not pin this entirely on MM.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm quite happy we have a new coach. Very stale the past few years...the offense. And getting old to see the same coaches no matter how poorly they seemed to do.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm quite happy we have a new coach. Very stale the past few years...the offense. And getting old to see the same coaches no matter how poorly they seemed to do.
Yeah, I liked McCarthy, but it was time for something new. So far LeFleur seems to be a pretty good coach, and he's doing some clever things with the offense. And I don't know the stats here, but with the record we're piling up, what he's doing seems to be unprecedented for a rookie coach, or close to it.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure hope that the Packers decide to show up for the 2nd half. Can't believe that I wasted 30 minutes of my life on that display of football.

D

Deleted member 6794

So far LeFleur seems to be a pretty good coach, and he's doing some clever things with the offense. And I don't know the stats here, but with the record we're piling up, what he's doing seems to be unprecedented for a rookie coach, or close to it.

Well, Lombardi went 4-5 with the Packers during his first nine games with the team.

Members online

Latest posts