1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I know it's early but....

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by Cheese Headed Monster, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Stanger37

Stanger37 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Just to play devils advocate, I know it is year 2 rather than rookie year and MLF now calling plays. But Gmo was out basically all last year, Cobb was hurt and EQB wasn't suited up a few times....MVS had all last year to develop quicker. And there are still discussions, at least on here, that he isn't totally a #2 guy yet. So guys being forced into the line up and developing may not be the greatest thing. And that was all with Adams playing all year so he was getting all the attention. Now Adams isn't there to free up MVS.

Depending how you view it, could be a hindrance. Again, this is just me playing devils advocate. It is great to see the team grinding out victories without Adams, it is forcing them to run an offense and Rodgers cannot be set on finding Adams or bust. Last few weeks Rodgers has been making plays like he is 26, not 36. That is where I feel the benefit is. It is almost forcing Rodgers to depend on MLF's offense and schemes.

2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    True, but it doesn't change the fact the Vikings didn't look unstoppable against a terrible Redskins team.

I agree that players being forced into action isn't automatically a good thing but if they improve because of it I don't see any issue.

3. Cheese Headed Monster

Cheese Headed Monster Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Correct which is reassuring to say the least

4. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    yeah...a few years early. lol. this year and next will be fun though.

5. greengold

greengold Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    If you recall, last year was a dumpster fire on offense. Mike McCarthy... don't need to say much more.

The fact that Aaron Rodgers, a 2 time MVP, relegated to being mired in said dumpster fire, with no support from his immediate staff, who couldn't trust his 3 new, young receivers, somehow has built the relationships and is realizing the success we see today is remarkable. MVS learning ANYTHING in that toxic environment was a plus. Same for EQ, Geronimo, along with the early IR'd Kumerow and the PS Lazard. I never saw Rodgers so incredibly pissed off and discouraged in my life.

This really has been a blessing in disguise. We are seeing some amazing play from all of our young WRs - especially the emergence of Allen Lazard, and we are also witnessing a camaraderie between Rodgers and his receivers unlike anything since the 2010 SB winning season. And, we are only 8 weeks into the season.

The numbers are not pointing to this being a hindrance, at all...

3rd Down Passing v. OAK/KC

12/15 215 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
    158.3 QB Rating

Rodgers has thrown for over 300 yds with 3+ TDs and 0 INT in back to back weeks. No other Packers QB has ever done it even once. Ever.

Aaron Rodgers current passer rating when targeting individual Packers WRs:

Kumerow 145.1
    Lazard 134.8
    J. Williams 131.4
    A. Jones 126.3
    Vitale 118.8
    Graham 118.5
    Lewis 111.8
    Adams 106.6
    MVS 105.7
    Allison 96.7

Shepherd 16.7

And, Gutes did add Ryan Grant, someone Davante Adams propped highly... I think we are going to be OK, and the numbers are looking pretty sweet, especially just 8 weeks into a completely new system.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    FYI Favre had 12 games with at least 300 passing yards and three TDs while not throwing an interception. Majkowski did it once as well.

7. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    back to back

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Missed that part.

9. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

AR and MM were not on the same page last season. Various reports said there was a rift between the two. Ultimately MM is responsible, but it is very likely AR was in part responsible as well.

Let's not pin this entirely on MM.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I'm quite happy we have a new coach. Very stale the past few years...the offense. And getting old to see the same coaches no matter how poorly they seemed to do.

11. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Yeah, I liked McCarthy, but it was time for something new. So far LeFleur seems to be a pretty good coach, and he's doing some clever things with the offense. And I don't know the stats here, but with the record we're piling up, what he's doing seems to be unprecedented for a rookie coach, or close to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LetzBreel

LetzBreel Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Sure hope that the Packers decide to show up for the 2nd half. Can't believe that I wasted 30 minutes of my life on that display of football.

13. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Well, Lombardi went 4-5 with the Packers during his first nine games with the team.