I know it's early but....

Reaction score
How many more wins before I can seriously consider the super bowl (at least making it) a real possibility for us? I have not spoken of it for fear of a jinx. When can we take it seriously?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
How many more wins before I can seriously consider the super bowl (at least making it) a real possibility for us? I have not spoken of it for fear of a jinx. When can we take it seriously?
If we win 2 of the next 3, the game after the following bye at Levi Stadium will be quite telling.

OP
OP
Cheese Headed Monster
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I worry about having to face Minnesota again. Their offense seems unstoppable right now. I would say the packers are playing a more even, balanced game which i love. But Minny's offense is fired up right now. I wonder if it will be GB winning the north with Vikings getting the wild card. I would have to assume that will end up happening

OP
OP
Cheese Headed Monster
Reaction score
Truthully, I haven't recovered from watching Pack lose the '98 Super Bowl. So I'd rather not just "make it" there. I get what you're saying though.

I 100% did not expect us to be playing this well this soon. I expected it for next season. But i 100% do not fear San Fran. I think they are the weakest undefeated team i have seen in a while. I cant wait for us to face them. But anyway i cant help but think at this point... it could happen.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I 100% did not expect us to be playing this well this soon. I expected it for next season. But i 100% do not fear San Fran. I think they are the weakest undefeated team i have seen in a while. I cant wait for us to face them. But anyway i cant help but think at this point... it could happen.

Actually I think that the Davante injury has been a blessing in disguise... Greg Jennings and Cris Carter made a comment about it recently, and they're probably right.

Because it has "forced" Lazard and Kumerow into the lineup and sped up the developmental time of MVS due to this

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I think that the Davante injury has been a blessing in disguise... Greg Jennings and Cris Carter made a comment about it recently, and they're probably right.

Because it has "forced" Lazard and Kumerow into the lineup and sped up the developmental time of MVS due to this
I agree, if only because it hasn't cost us a loss yet. I've brought this up several times, but it seems to fit here: I've always thought losing Sterling Sharpe made the Packers better because Favre had to spread the ball around more.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Same thing happened when sterling sharpe went down..forced brett to look elsewhere

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, if only because it hasn't cost us a loss yet. I've brought this up several times, but it seems to fit here: I've always thought losing Sterling Sharpe made the Packers better because Favre had to spread the ball around more.

Actually, it most likely did cause a loss to the Eagles. We were inside the 5 yard line twice in the 4th quarter and came away with zero points. Not saying that Adams would have gotten us 2 TD's, but it allowed the Eagles to overload to stop the run.

OP
OP
Cheese Headed Monster
Reaction score
That Eagles loss is a fair loss. That team was desperate. And if anything a positive about us having our 1 loss to the eagles is that it hurt Dallas:sneaky: At least until Dallas beat them but that is beside the point lol

OP
OP
Cheese Headed Monster
Reaction score
As i kind of hinted above, I think Min gets the first wild card spot. I hope the second goes to the likes of Carolina. As opposed to the Seahawks. You guys and gals.... I don't think i would be able to handle another Sea vs GB playoff matchup. The rage I would feel seeing that team in the playoffs again would be insurmountable :mad:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you may be underrating them a bit just because they didn't win with style against the Redskins this last Sunday. Their defense has played very well, and I'd argue it's even better today than it was under Jim Harbaugh and Vic Fangio.

No I don't think they're going to score that many points, but they know how to play tough physical football and we'd better be ready. They kind of remind me a little of 2015 Denver.

As to Minny, well yeah I could see them as a playoff team, but they'll be one and done or fail to make it past the divisional round because Kirk Cutler ... Errr I mean Cousins will be out there flopping as usual.

OP
OP
Cheese Headed Monster
Reaction score
I think you may be underrating them a bit just because they didn't win with style against the Redskins this last Sunday. Their defense has played very well, and I'd argue it's even better today than it was under Jim Harbaugh and Vic Fangio.

No I don't think they're going to score that many points, but they know how to play tough physical football and we'd better be ready. They kind of remind me a little of 2015 Denver.

As to Minny, well yeah I could see them as a playoff team, but they'll be one and done or fail to make it past the divisional round because Kirk Cutler ... Errr I mean Cousins will be out there flopping as usual.

In your opinion, would you rather face a wild card Minnesota or a wild card Seattle team? Hypothetically of course. (assuming either team makes it to us since i think we will get a bye).

Reaction score
Personally there’s one thing I’d like to see going into the second half of the season. The O just had their statement game.
Now that other teams’ Offenses are starting to get their mid season Rhythm. It’s the D’s turn to show they can have the complete game against an above average O. Similar to Poppa those will be KC and SF

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In your opinion, would you rather face a wild card Minnesota or a wild card Seattle team? Hypothetically of course. (assuming either team makes it to us since i think we will get a bye).

Well today I'd probably say Seattle after seeing what the Ravens did to them this last Sunday. But I could end up changing my mind if they get better and Cousins ends up going full stinko by seasons end.

To that end, do I think the Packers deserve to be mentioned in the current speculative mix of Superbowl contenders? Yes, I think given the way our guys have come on we could go up against even Brees and the Saints and take them to the wire and potentially beat them if it came to it.

But ... Gotta take it one week at a time and see what our injuries are in the next few months. One thing I am fairly sure of is if Rodgers is to win one more before he retires, I think we picked the right HC to do it with.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year I didn't even bother watching knowing they would go nowhere. As I called it before the season this D will take us to Lombardi once again. Who knows...but hey, I did call that Graham TD against the Raiders.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As i kind of hinted above, I think Min gets the first wild card spot. I hope the second goes to the likes of Carolina. As opposed to the Seahawks. You guys and gals.... I don't think i would be able to handle another Sea vs GB playoff matchup. The rage I would feel seeing that team in the playoffs again would be insurmountable :mad:

Lol, well, I'd say take a deep breath man. A repeat of 2014 .... In Lambeau Field? I'd give better odds to the Redskins winning the Superbowl next year than that happening lol. Well ok maybe not, but just looking at our trends vs Seattle in the Link vs here at Lambeau, the contrast couldn't be more stark. Up there yes they get the benefit of plays like the Fail Mary and the fluky last 6 minutes of the NFCCG. But over here, they've taken some pretty bad beatings at the hands of the Pack including in the playoffs.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To that end, do I think the Packers deserve to be mentioned in the current speculative mix of Superbowl contenders? Yes, I think given the way our guys have come on we could go up against even Brees and the Saints and take them to the wire and potentially beat them if it came to it.

Kamara against Jones, very similar styles and they remind me of each other; Devante against Thomas, can't get any better than this; Cook against Graham, only reason why I bring this up is that Cook was a Packer, nonetheless a nice match-up!

Can't wait until the Championship game: Packers vs. Saints!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, I know. I know the team we need to cheer for to make it to the Wildcard to get up here to Lambeau.

The Arizona Cardinals

We gotta get the demon redbirds up here in Lambeau where they'll be freezing and give them the 2016 New York Giant treatment. Oh yes kick their butts and laugh all the way to Miami having beaten them.

Well, ok theoretically I don't really care who we get round one as long as we win. But man, I'd say even more so than the Seahawks the Cardinals have had even more things go their way against us in the playoffs. Gotta think at some point they're due to come up to Lambeau before Rodgers retires and get beat. They may have had Mike McCarthy's number, but I bet they will have their number had by Matt LaFleur.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'll be honest, I worry about having to face Minnesota again. Their offense seems unstoppable right now.

The Vikings scored only 19 points against Washington, hardly worth of being considered unstoppable.

Packers fans shouldn't care about Jennings opinion.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I worry about having to face Minnesota again. Their offense seems unstoppable right now. I would say the packers are playing a more even, balanced game which i love. But Minny's offense is fired up right now. I wonder if it will be GB winning the north with Vikings getting the wild card. I would have to assume that will end up happening
Minny is an up and down team. If they make the playoffs, I don't think they last long. SF has the feel of a surprise team that peaks too soon. NO is the big NFC competition.

What the Pack has going for them is they are playing good but they are still trying to figure things out. They are still a ways away from getting to their potential. Each week they play a bit better. I expect that trend to continue throughout the regular season.

Chances of making the SB? Better than most. But too much can happen in a season, a game or even a single play to be certain of anything.

Reaction score
That Eagles loss is a fair loss. That team was desperate. And if anything a positive about us having our 1 loss to the eagles is that it hurt Dallas:sneaky: At least until Dallas beat them but that is beside the point lol
For the same reason we were speculative about our own team is early on, we can give ourself some allowance for that similar caution. GB hurt themselves dramatically (2 costly turnovers) in combination with the Eagles doing enough to hang around (no big mistakes)

Without those turnovers GB likely wins that game IMO. The GB Offense put up 155 yards more than Philly. GB also controlled possession of the ball with just shy of 5 minutes more O game clock. Philly didn’t really win any stat. The 3rd down % was within 1% of each other. This 1 loss we had was decided by a couple plays. After watching that game, I would bet my next paycheck that GB would win 3 of 5 meetings if played in the same environment. It was not at all a decisive win.

7 contests into the season no team has beat GB decisively. Very similar to 2010 in several respects, the D was a bend not break, the D was opportunistic with takeaways, the O was just good enough to make teams pay and 2010 team was never beat decisively.

Getting a W at KC and Starting 7-1 would he huge because it would increase our chances dramatically of getting into the playoffs and having a game or two at Lambeau. That goes a long way in increasing our odds at making a SB appearance.

Members online

Latest posts