I don't know about you..

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But quite frankly, I'm sick of all this adulation towards Brett Favre...

Everyone in the media and on ESPN kisses his *** all the time, and it get's quite sickening.

No one is bigger than the Green Bay Packers...

It's the Green Bay PACKERS...not the Green Bay FAVRES... :lol:

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would rather listen to that than the patriots/colts or anything about Tom Brady. :hammer:

oh yea........ :sucks:

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it and would rather hear that, than Tom Brady and Randy Moss and how N England is so great and Belicheck is so wonderful.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO Favre does deserve credit, Im sure with him on this team, hes the leader. But you have to also remember when the Packers are bad they BLAME Favre as well. I have always said its a team effort. But the QB seems to always get the credit or not the credit they deserve.

I also agree, that I am sick of them talking about Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. So would rather it be Favre anyday.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I gotta say that to me this feels like it is going to be an awesome week. I just saw a recap of the great plays on Thursday, the 20 straight completions, and the cut to Kitna saying "He's the greatest ever"... wow. I don't know if it gets much better!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I hear what ya saying and somewhat agree. Too much of any one subject annoys me, but Brett is 4,902 years old and still torching defenses.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are so right. Don't you wish we were Atlanta fans? Then we'd get to see our franchise QB all over the news - everyone talking about him. Talk radio, ESPN, NFL, CNN... That would be SO much better. Then we could watch tributes before each game to Joey er Byron, no Joey - no wait Byron. Or may you'd rather be a Raider fan? Or Buffalo hmmm? Then you'd never know who's starting and they wouldn't have time to whip up these "puff" pieces saluting your QB.

It would be different if at the end it read "courtesy of Brett Favre productions" or "material provided by and approved expressely by the Favre family" etc. But we all know it isn't that. The media goes overboard on many other things but I think in his case each and every tribute is earned a thousand times over. Sure it's a team but he IS the face of this team in this time and I have no problem with any and all attention and glory it brings him.

He's shown time and time again how humble he truly is and never ONCE, no matter how easy it would be to do so, has he said - "man I want to get out there this Sunday and break that record." He simply goes and DOES IT - while winning and entertaining millions along the way.

No - it's not the Green Bay Favres and I think no one knows it more than Favre himself. Let's just enjoy the ride and be proud fans while we have the opportunity. Let the media enjoy it as well.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are so right. Don't you wish we were Atlanta fans? Then we'd get to see our franchise QB all over the news - everyone talking about him. Talk radio, ESPN, NFL, CNN... That would be SO much better. Then we could watch tributes before each game to Joey er Byron, no Joey - no wait Byron. Or may you'd rather be a Raider fan? Or Buffalo hmmm? Then you'd never know who's starting and they wouldn't have time to whip up these "puff" pieces saluting your QB.

It would be different if at the end it read "courtesy of Brett Favre productions" or "material provided by and approved expressely by the Favre family" etc. But we all know it isn't that. The media goes overboard on many other things but I think in his case each and every tribute is earned a thousand times over. Sure it's a team but he IS the face of this team in this time and I have no problem with any and all attention and glory it brings him.

He's shown time and time again how humble he truly is and never ONCE, no matter how easy it would be to do so, has he said - "man I want to get out there this Sunday and break that record." He simply goes and DOES IT - while winning and entertaining millions along the way.

No - it's not the Green Bay Favres and I think no one knows it more than Favre himself. Let's just enjoy the ride and be proud fans while we have the opportunity. Let the media enjoy it as well.
:beer:

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the thing is that they STILL cannot get a decent soundbite of Favre gloating at all... not in the slightest. Like a previous thread... they ask him to admit they are a good team. He says, "We aren't a bad team". They cut to him moving his arm toward Aaron Rodgers with the announcer saying 'That is how you do it' like he is teaching him when really you can look at Favre's face and he is disappointed that he didn't make a good throw that time. I mean if we can't be the ones to give these guys some glory during the week then what is the point of us fans. It is gloating time! Plus, the QB will always take most of the limelight after wins. It is just the way it goes. :)

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we all know they are the GREEN BAY PACKERS so there is no need to go through this BS again.
Weather yo like him or not, he is re-writing the NFL record books and he deserves the props.
Be happy you are fortunate enough to be able to watch a legend play.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts you sound like an angry guy? Why is that? How can you watch the Packers play and not realize that Favre has been the key to the success of this offense? This amazes me.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts you sound like an angry guy? Why is that? How can you watch the Packers play and not realize that Favre has been the key to the success of this offense? This amazes me.

Fuzznuts is being sarcastic.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It goes either way. If Brett has a bad game, the media is also all over that.

Remember when they questioned his arm strength?

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it. And I'm sure it makes Vikings, and Lions fans sick to their stomach. Which is why I love it so much. :D

not to mention the falcons who traded him to us lol