I can't believe it

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You forgot the end of the season. They ran the ball VERY well in the playoffs. The run game really really was a big reason we won in the end. We had 100+ rush games the last games of the season, and we ran the ball over everyone in the playoffs.
Really? Check the rushing totals. No 100 yard rushers leading up to the playoffs and Starks had 123 against the Eagles. His totals were around 50-70 yards in other playoff games. We ran just enough but saying we ran all over everyone is a stretch.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colts win. Packers lose.

Wake me up when this is over since I don't understand it and it feels strange.
The Packer pub I go to in Austin has never been so quiet.

I'm stunned. :( So much for my early season 19-0 prediction.

I think the bitter taste of defeat will keep the Pack motivated thru the post-season.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Really? Check the rushing totals. No 100 yard rushers leading up to the playoffs and Starks had 123 against the Eagles. His totals were around 50-60 yards in other playoff games. We ran just enough but saying we ran all over everyone is a stretch.

Since you told me to check stats here you go

Packers at Patriots
Rushing yards: 143

Giants at Packers
Rushing yards: 119

Bears at Packers
Rushing yards: 60

Playoffs

Packers at Eagles

Rushing yards: 138

Packers at Falcons

Rushing yards: 96

Packers at Bears

Rushing yards: 123

I think that is more than just enough rushing yards. Saying this team had no running game at the end of the season is an understatement.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, fluky day.

**** happens. I'm not one of those who're glad we lost, because it supposedly take off the pressure. I hate losing. Particularly to an inferior opponent (no harm intended, but the Chiefs are inferior).

But any given Sunday. Perhaps the players thought they could win whenever they wanted, perhaps the focus all week wasn't the same as it usually is, and maybe it'll serve as a lesson and they'll pick up their game.

Still, we lost a game we should've won easily.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Bogart, going back to my original point. :rolleyes: Packer leading rushers from Packers yearbook:

Versus Atlanta Rodgers leading rusher with 51 yards
Versus San Francisco leading rusher Starks with 73 yards
Versus Detroit Rodgers with 25 yards
Versus New England Jackson with 99 yards
Versus Giants Jackson with 39 yards
Versus Chicago Rodgers with 21 yards

Playoffs
Versus Philly Starks with 123 yards
Versus Atlanta Starks with 66 yards
Versus Chicago Starks with 74 yards

Super Bowl
Starks with 52 yards

Rushing wasn't our forte. How can you list rushing totals when Rodgers was the leading rusher in several of the games and some of the other totals were paltry? We ran enough but hardly the steamroller you want to describe.

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's quite easy to understand. I think the Newhouse experiment is over. He gave up 4 sacks and Bulaga (somebody please explain to Marv Albert's idiot kid that it's NOT Baluga) is the only viable option we have at right tackle.
HAHA, I remember hearing Beluga during the broadcast, getting annoyed, and wondering why a whale came into the persuasion .. moron media is right.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colts win. Packers lose.

Wake me up when this is over since I don't understand it and it feels strange.

LOL, I thought about you when I heard the Colts won and the Packers lost to the Chiefs. Oh the irony of it all! The undefeated team loses and the team without a win finally decides to win. This is a strange universe we live in.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask yourself this.

Who would you rather have for a Tight end

Jermichael Finley or Jimmy Graham?

One is a "i need the ball, i want the ball, i don't get the ball thrown to me enough" and likes to drop MANY key passes. Finley is a star, and can make plays, but he also has a very bad reputation dropping passes and his mouth.

The other is happy and appreciative just to be a starter and catching the ball from a Super Bowl MVP Quarterback. Graham also in interviews, has never complained, claims he's just an OK guy and it's all the quarterback making him look good.

Key difference, character.
Neither. Give me gronks any day

Best t.e. in the game hands down. Finley is not even comparable to gronks IMO

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts