I can't believe how some fans have no concept of Packer History

Status
Not open for further replies.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Im a cubs fan, while vastly superior to the Brewers, we have had a drought ourselves. ;)

(ducks whatever is thrown at head)
You missed the perfect smilie!!!:tomato:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im a cubs fan, while vastly superior to the Brewers, we have had a drought ourselves. ;)

I wish I could complain about my Phillies but they've been super good to me these last few years! Not so much for the Eagles, Flyers and Sixers. I'll take the Packers any day!!! The may not always have a great season but I can rest my head at night knowing my team is still the best to me.

OP
OP
GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How the hell did you manage to make it in 12 hrs driving from Cal?
100 m.p.h. on the freeway? :eek:hmy:

No, I was living in San Francisco and going to L.A. to see the Pack Play the L.A. Rams, the L.A. Raiders and then
to San Diego to see the Pack play the Chargers. Sorry I confused you.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
turbo69....I am a vietnam vet. I volunteered to go to vietnam because I was single and I wanted to go rather than a married man. Thank YOU for your service. The bit about the bomb throwing was just a reaction to the rudeness of someone making fun of my age, and remembering how radical students in Madison were blowing up school property and a female professor was killed. After I got back from vietnam, I went to the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and was treated like **** by the professors and other students. My only friends were other vets. I quit after one semester. I apologize for my remark and I am sorry if I offended anyone.
If your thinking of the bombing of Sterling Hall, it was a male who was killed.
And I'm not sure if he was a professor.

"Robert Fassnacht, then a 33-year-old physics researcher..."
Sterling Hall bombing: 40 years later, family members celebrate physicist's life

(I don't mean to nitpick. When it comes to history, I'm a nut about accuracy.)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

At least you had Sammy Sosa to uplift you through the tough times. :guitarplayer:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I grew up a Packer fan and I remember the bad old days. I was a fan from the early 80s. Those were horrible times and a win was cause for partying in the streets. The only way to find out the scores was to read the Monday Paper here in dallas to see if my Packers won.

Lets be thankful that the young fans don't have to be embarrassed to be a Packer fans like I was back in the 80s. No need to bust their chops over complaining. I think today there is a lot more expectation of success for Packers teams, and that isn't a bad thing.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I was living in San Francisco and going to L.A. to see the Pack Play the L.A. Rams, the L.A. Raiders and then
to San Diego to see the Pack play the Chargers. Sorry I confused you.
Thanx for the clarification.

I used to live there too. In San Freakpsycho.
Good memories.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHAHA love it. Im not really a sammy fan but the race brought people back to baseball. Actually I dont even like baseball that much I find it boring for the most part. But I do love going to cubs games and hanging out in the bleachers with the fine ladies of chicago. Also love harassing the brewers fans as they are very sensitive.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Ah, yes, you older people are SUCH better, more deserving fans than us. How dare we ever have opinions about our team. We are far too ignorant. I'll get back to my hot wheels, spaghettios, and multiplication tables now and leave the important Packers conversation to the Council of Elders.

Get off your damn high horse.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
turbo69....I am a vietnam vet. I volunteered to go to vietnam because I was single and I wanted to go rather than a married man. Thank YOU for your service. The bit about the bomb throwing was just a reaction to the rudeness of someone making fun of my age, and remembering how radical students in Madison were blowing up school property and a female professor was killed. After I got back from vietnam, I went to the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and was treated like **** by the professors and other students. My only friends were other vets. I quit after one semester. I apologize for my remark and I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Looking at the Packer stats you put up there, I figured you may or may not have served in Vietnam, but could tell you were of that age group. I salute you! Most of my friends are also vets. It's a little difficult for us sometimes even though you served in a time before mine. I understand. Different place, different time........same old $hit though.

Anyhow...........we all love the Packers here......and I don't care if you are 15 or 115. Lets just cheer on the Packers, share our views, and hopefully we will never have to live through some of those Linde Infante kind of times again.

Peace Brother

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, yes, you older people are SUCH better, more deserving fans than us. How dare we ever have opinions about our team. We are far too ignorant. I'll get back to my hot wheels, spaghettios, and multiplication tables now and leave the important Packers conversation to the Council of Elders.

Get off your damn high horse.
Dammit. Really? Was this necessary? I mean, all the posts discussing it...

Sorry, GreenAndGoldAngel, but to avoid this, I'm gonna edit the title and the first post...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but it just irritates me. Regardless of the discussion, it doesn't seem like this guy gets it at all. He's NEVER complained about the team before? It's not like in our future years as Packer fans, we're not going to be rooting for a less than .500 team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think locking this thread is the best idea, more people are going to come on randomly and re hash this.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think locking this thread is the best idea, more people are going to come on randomly and re hash this.
Strong idea.

If any mods feel like I was out of line in closing this, feel free to reopen. I won't be offended.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but it just irritates me. Regardless of the discussion, it doesn't seem like this guy gets it at all. He's NEVER complained about the team before? It's not like in our future years as Packer fans, we're not going to be rooting for a less than .500 team.
I know, but if you read every post in this thread, you'll know that peope have complaint about it before, and it also took the wrong turn, then I warned everyone to stop is so I'd lock the thread.

The point of the thread wasn't that "you complain you aren't as good a fan as I am". It was more of a "when complaining, take things into perspective. It could be much, much worse".

If it gets bad again I'm just gonna lock it. It's not worth the trouble. The has been some good discussion in this thread, but it's not worth the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts