I can't believe how some fans have no concept of Packer History

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wow, you guys ***** about everything, even after a victory. Listen, to be a Packer fan you have to Marry the Packers: take the wedding vows, for richer or poorer, for better or worse, in sickness and in health. I am going to show you what I lived through and I NEVER LOST THE FAITH.
1969 6-7-1
1970 8-6
1971 4-8-2
1972 10-4
1973 5-7-2
1974 6-8
1975 4-10
1976 5-9
1977 4-10
1978 8-7-1
1979 5-11
1980 5-10-1
1981 8-8
1982 5-3-1
1983 8-8
1984 8-8
1985 8-8
1986 4-12
1987 5-9-1
1988 4-12
1989 10-6
1990 6-10
1991 4-12

You need to go through this to appreciate how lucky you are now....

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant believe how you old people constantly ***** about how bad it used to be. We all know the history of the Packers, From Greatness to Ruin back to Greatness (for a while). We currently have a team that has a very real chance every year to be in the Playoffs if not the Superbowl. Being a Packer fan now you still have a right to speak your mind about how our team is doing with out having gone through the "Bad Times". I really wish that the mentality of "Well I was around when they were REALLY bad so you need to stop *****ing cause you dont know what its like" would just go away.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calm down guys calm down!!!! Does all that matter that much to you, we are ALL Packer fans from old to young. Everyone to your corners! Don't overlook the point of that post!!! I think we ALL young and old should know the history of your team to try and better understand the present. I'm not all that good about memorizing stats and figures but I do very much appreciate history. I think I'll go study up some Packer history.

Green and Gold, I appreciate the depth of history you bring us, it's something we can all learn from. I've only been a Packer fan since Reggie came here and this teams history so much richer than even that.

OP
OP
GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion. I just do not understand how you can not appreciate what you have. I am loving this season. If not for the injuries, this team was ready to make a real push for the super bowl. I just can't understand how on Sunday you celebrate a great victory, then on Monday, you start finding all kinds of faults to comp;ain about. Maybe you just like to see your "clever" words in print. You do not understand what I am trying to say, and I could care less if you do not like us "old farts"...have a hell of a nice day.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe consider changing your thread title and the way you word things, but NOT your point of view. I think the title is causing people to get a bit defensive as it looks like an attack. I didn't take it that way, I looked at it as motivation to study some Packer history, but I can see how some might get offended.

Shall we all take a chill here and rejoice in the turnaround of this season. I don't know about you but I'm still just so happy after that win!!! I still can't stop smiling!

OP
OP
GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I cant believe how you old people constantly ***** about how bad it used to be. We all know the history of the Packers, From Greatness to Ruin back to Greatness (for a while). We currently have a team that has a very real chance every year to be in the Playoffs if not the Superbowl. Being a Packer fan now you still have a right to speak your mind about how our team is doing with out having gone through the "Bad Times". I really wish that the mentality of "Well I was around when they were REALLY bad so you need to stop *****ing cause you dont know what its like" would just go away.

If you can find one example of where I ever *****ed about the Packers, I will gladly quit this forum....balls in your court ,,,son

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's keep it polite.
I get where both sides are coming from.

I'm a positive Packers fan. I complain, alright, but I more rant, in the heat of the moment, than I actually complain. I understand how talent this team is, even with all the injuries and inneptitude of some of the coaching staff.

But that doesn't make me a bigger, better fan. I wasn't around for the harsh years, but I've lived some really devastating moments (SBXXXII, MN playoff loss, 05, 08...).

This post definitely had a feel of superiority, but I'm sure it wasn't it's intent. So let's try to keep things in perspective, that we're all Packers fans, but we have different opinions.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, you guys ***** about everything, even after a victory.
I don't get it either.
If the next 24 years were like this, 75% of you would be gone.
I seriously doubt that.
Especially for season ticket holders who either have had the tix in the family or had to wait years and years for their tix.
I think your underestimating Packers fans based on just a few negative posts.
The majority of posts, that I see are positive and keeping it real. IMO.
1977 4-10
1978 8-7-1
Very interesting that it was 14 games at one time.

What do you think of the proposed 18 games?

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a retired US Army vet, I don't know exactly what you mean by "go blow up a recruiters office".......but you might need to back the FK up a bit. What is your major malfunction? You think just because you have been a Packer fan since whenever......you are all high and mighty. People are Packer fans here as I am sure you already know otherwise you wouldn't be here. Everyone doesn't have the same view on every little thing concerning the Packers. Everyone watches the game when they can and can come here and discuss some of what we see is wrong or right with the Packers. Hopes and dreams for our team. I am not here to personally attack your views. You shouldn't be here to attack others views. They are just opinions........and everyone has them.

So what if you lived with the Packers trials and tribulations. Going through watching Bart Starr, Linde Infante and other coaches that didn't work out. Soooo what!!!! You dog someone out because they come from Madison? Dog someone for being........from somewhere. Really???? I'll say this at the risk of being kicked off this board. Respect the military and what they do for all those who have sat on their ***, never served or put their life on the line.

Guess who would be in a Military Recruiters office????? A military man or woman that would be killed. They have a family and are doing would they have to do to make it in this world. They have alot more to ***** about than how many people are frustrated with the Packers.

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is people talking about blowing up military offices.. lol what more do you need then that to stop a thread? I dont want to be rude, but guys we are all on the same team here.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is people talking about blowing up military offices.. lol what more do you need then that to stop a thread?

Exactly! Oh....and sorry about that PackersRS. I'll be good. I just had to say something. I love coming on this Forum and discusing the Pack with 99.99999 percent of the people here wether or not we share the same views.

OP
OP
GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Calm down guys calm down!!!! Does all that matter that much to you, we are ALL Packer fans from old to young. Everyone to your corners! Don't overlook the point of that post!!! I think we ALL young and old should know the history of your team to try and better understand the present. I'm not all that good about memorizing stats and figures but I do very much appreciate history. I think I'll go study up some Packer history.

Green and Gold, I appreciate the depth of history you bring us, it's something we can all learn from. I've only been a Packer fan since Reggie came here and this teams history so much richer than even that.

Kitten, you always make me laugh. Remember that story I told you about Reggie White, where my sister was the waitress that Reggie gave the $50 to? Well that sister had 6 kids, born in the late sixties and early seventies....they were born in Green Bay...and not a single one of them was a Packer fan....they liked the Cowboys, Raiders, 49'ers. Steelers. They did not want to be associated with "losers". Well along comes Brett and boy they all job on the bandwagon. I would drive 12 hours (to and from a game) twice a year when I lived in California....and they lost every time....I didn't care...I was happy just to see them play. Anyway, I just love that team, and I never *****ed about them...especially after a win....a win in thise years was cause for a party. Thanks for not making fun of me.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Im just as sick of older fans talking about how terrible the old days were.
Me too. It's like I'm somehow punished for being young and not having to go through the crappy times.

I'm a Brewers fan, for God's sakes. I know suffering.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would drive 12 hours (to and from a game) twice a year when I lived in California....and they lost every time....I didn't care...I was happy just to see them play.
How the hell did you manage to make it in 12 hrs driving from Cal?
100 m.p.h. on the freeway? :eek:hmy:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, you always make me laugh. Remember that story I told you about Reggie White, where my sister was the waitress that Reggie gave the $50 to? Well that sister had 6 kids, born in the late sixties and early seventies....they were born in Green Bay...and not a single one of them was a Packer fan....they liked the Cowboys, Raiders, 49'ers. Steelers. They did not want to be associated with "losers". Well along comes Brett and boy they all job on the bandwagon. I would drive 12 hours (to and from a game) twice a year when I lived in California....and they lost every time....I didn't care...I was happy just to see them play. Anyway, I just love that team, and I never *****ed about them...especially after a win....a win in thise years was cause for a party. Thanks for not making fun of me.

No problem! I think things got misunderstood here and given people have tempers things got out of hand quick. Stories like that ^^ should be the focal point perhaps, it's something that can touch the hearts of all.

Lets let bygones be just that, embrace the fact that we are all Packer fans in our hearts. I love all of you even if I don't always agree with everything you say. But that is the purpose of a forum, for discussion and debate on a common subject. If everybody always agreed we'd just be like a bunch of Umpa Lumpas running around chanting about footballs.

I wasn't feelin your one comment much but you are forgiven because you are Pack. You are family.

Besides my Dad is a former Marine, my Mom was in the Army, both of them would kick my tail if I ever as much thought of disrespecting a military vet in any form.

OP
OP
GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
turbo69....I am a vietnam vet. I volunteered to go to vietnam because I was single and I wanted to go rather than a married man. Thank YOU for your service. The bit about the bomb throwing was just a reaction to the rudeness of someone making fun of my age, and remembering how radical students in Madison were blowing up school property and a female professor was killed. After I got back from vietnam, I went to the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and was treated like **** by the professors and other students. My only friends were other vets. I quit after one semester. I apologize for my remark and I am sorry if I offended anyone.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the regular posters on here get as annoyed as anyone when we get newer posters on here scream about how the season is over after back to back losses and how the packers are terrible and everyone should be fired. Its never as bad as it seems and its never as good as it seems. Coming on as a new memeber and questioning peoples fandom is not the way to be welcome on here. We are all bigger fans than avg for taking the time to come on here and discuss the team and other thoughts. We really wouldnt have anything to talk about if we just said a few good things about every game. For the most part we are realist and see the flaws in our team and look for ways we think might improve them.

Oh and great post btw Turbo. Not sure where the bombing part came from, maybe the sterling hall bombing on campus in 1970 which to my knowledge had nothing to do with any recruiters. But if I dont remember the terrible times I sure as heck dont remember 1970.

Green and Gold angel - feel free to chime in about some of your favorite players of yesterday that arent glorified today, maybe some of us would appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts