I am impress

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Despite it only being the Vikings our defense showed up big time today.

Didn't allow an opening drive TD
Forced those 3 and outs
We got to the Qb
Didn't give up a lot of big plays
Held Peterson to 51 yards rushing which is around 1/3 of what we allowed last time
Pass Rush looked pretty good
Woodson was Woodson. 9 tackles (a few for loss) a pass deflection and almost had his record breaking INT return

Anytime you can pull your starters in a game, it's a great day.

Again, it is only Ponder and the Vikings, but the turnaround from last week is almost a complete 180.

Discuss

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Yeah I was worried about Newhouse handling Allen. He was a turnstyle for much of the game tonight as I thought he'd be. He did about as good as he did when we played them 2 weeks ago

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers needed that blowout. They pretty much dominated the entire Vikings team on both offense and defense. I'm happy to see the Packers' defense back to 2010 form, but I hope they stay consistent when they play Tampa Bay and especially Detroit.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I was wrong about this game.

It's nice to be proven wrong.

Woodson could have broke a record tonight though, I know he's not going to sleep well thinking about that one dropped.

CLAY SHOWED UP BIG TIME!!!

Reaction score
That's the packers defense I know. They blitzed frequently and beat their blocks more frequently and had much tighter coverage. I feel that's how the packers have to play defense. They have to blitz and play man. When they play zone they seem to leave their assignment too often. Woodson, Matthews, Bishop, and Tramon Willams all had big games. I think we lit a fire under that defense after their terrible defense last week. They took it personally and they seemed to fix it. Great team win.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now ur on the packers d bangwagon even tho last week u were saying this d blows....
I suspect you're talking to me.
FYI... I've probably been been watching the Packers longer than you have. You obviously know nothing about me. I recommend you shut your pie hole and get to know me before you start to slam me.
Thank you. Have a nice day.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now ur on the packers d bangwagon even tho last week u were saying this d blows....
EVERYONE on the forum needs to start seeing the glass is half full. Now. Right now.
Should have though from the very beginning.

I knew the D was going to turn it around at some point.
Me and all those who had faith and praise and kept thinking positive about the Packers were right!
I hope that tonight's win against the Vikes will be their turnaround game.
How can it not be?
This should get them motivated for sweeping the rival.
Now they will have a better idea of what works and should continue that ride through the rest of the season all the way into the post.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI... I've probably been been watching the Packers longer than you have. You obviously know nothing about me. I recommend you shut your pie hole and get to know me before you start to slam me.
I took it that it was directed at the OP and not at you.

My post is directed at all those who criticized and had negative things towards the D.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Also 9ers fan don't ever tell me to shut my piehole when u don't know who the **** I was talking to. I'm a packer fan I'm on a packer message board so u ****

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suggesting you have watched the packers longer than someone then saying they know nothing about you seems rather hypocritical.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this D is consistent in 2nd half, nice turnaround considering the pts and yds we gave up in 1st half. Dominance makes hearts beat much more normal.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Dude, you're the new guy here right? It's not on the rest of the board to read your intro and get to know you. Judging by your name and posts you're from Texas (closet Cowboy fan?) root for the 9ers this year (you know, your name) and now you show you have two loves in football (9ers and Pack)? They are all NFC teams. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and guess you're what we typically call a bandwagon fan around here. You didn't have the two team love until tonight.
It's okay, I know it's easy to pick a successful team. But to come in here and insult other members is out of line. You've shown your colors. You've shown an ugly streak yourself so to act shocked when you come here and insult other's posts and get a shot back is kinda telling don't you think?

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suggesting you have watched the packers longer than someone then saying they know nothing about you seems rather hypocritical.
Well...
Since '86 year I was born. Instead of the typical blue parents paint your room when your born mine was green and gold
I was jumping out of airplanes for the U.S. Army before his mother had the chance to wipe his behind!

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, you're the new guy here right? It's not on the rest of the board to read your intro and get to know you. Judging by your name and posts you're from Texas (closet Cowboy fan?) root for the 9ers this year (you know, your name) and now you show you have two loves in football (9ers and Pack)? They are all NFC teams. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and guess you're what we typically call a bandwagon fan around here. You didn't have the two team love until tonight.
It's okay, I know it's easy to pick a successful team. But to come in here and insult other members is out of line. You've shown your colors. You've shown an ugly streak yourself so to act shocked when you come here and insult other's posts and get a shot back is kinda telling don't you think?
OK, I'll answer your post this time... and only this time. Then I'll simply use that handy "Ignore" button on your profile so I never see another one of your ignorant posts again.

I've hung out and watched football with MANY MANY Packer fans over the years, and they have always been outstanding folks to eat, drink, be merry and talk football with. BUT YOU ARE NOT A TRUE PACKER FAN. I doubt you're even a football fan. You're just a troll who's looking to pick a fight. Get a life. I'll have no more of you.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although it was only the vikings, this is the sort of game we needed to boost our confidence and get the ball rolling for the rest of the season

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
FF is rights it's directed toward the OP after is unfuknreal thread...

I was never off the bandwagon. But anyone who couldn't see there were some glaring issues last week or the entire season well..... i don't know what to tell you.

They corrected themselves and stepped up tonight and I was impressed with how they were able to turn it around, now if they can do that on a consistent basis.....

Members online

Latest posts