Hunting for a Backup Quarterback

Reaction score
How do start to hurt for a backup quarter back for Rogers replacement.

Most energetic young QA's are looking for a starter job and a chance to make the big $$$$$$$.

Remember how many Ron Wolf would try out through his years with they Packers?

Is it possibly today to sign one that would be willing to wait until Rogers leaves or retires?

I always thought Rogers had lots of will power while waiting on the sideline for a chance to start.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would try to sign a vet around the same age as AR who has had some starting experience in the past and start drafting potential successors every 2 years starting in 2020.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People are still vastly underrating what Bradford will sign for. He was healthy enough to be activated ahead of Bridgewater for the last playoff game

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do start to hurt for a backup quarter back for Rogers replacement.

Most energetic young QA's are looking for a starter job and a chance to make the big $$$$$$$.

Remember how many Ron Wolf would try out through his years with they Packers?

Is it possibly today to sign one that would be willing to wait until Rogers leaves or retires?

I always thought Rogers had lots of will power while waiting on the sideline for a chance to start.

We don't have to start. We are already hurting at backup QB.

What? We let the couch one go.

As far as hunting for a backup QB there are very few veterans ( like Foles or Keenum just as a reference) that would fit the bill IMO. Bradford will be too expensive for a backup. My top picks would be Matt Moore, Josh McCown (but he's like 100) and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Foles, baby!!!
Nick Foles would have not looked that good with our team. Rodgers hardly even puts up production like that. What we should be wishing for is a vastly superior coaching staff which can maximize the talent, instead of this stale offense which falls apart when one player is hurt.

Packman87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d add Geno Smith to the list. He’s not a great starter anymore but has looked good when he’s come in as a backup. Plus he played in a similar offense under McAdoo as Eli’s backup. Maybe he’d be an affordable vet to look at.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Stanton . I think he ends up competing for the starting job if he does hit the market he would be my target he signed a 2 yr deal is UFA this but his contract was for 1 mil one yr and second for 2.5.. he is a year younger than Rodgers and he has a good arm and can move he would be my first choice amongst others that’s gonna cost a lot more

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Foles will be a starting QB next year, not a backup. I think Buffalo is a good fit. Offer up Philly your #21 pick for the kid and they win the AFC East.
I do think he can start somewhere but he will stay in philly for sure.. Carson Wentz isn’t a guarantee to be ready.. and they actually value the back up qb situation If u rmbr two years ago when Pederson first came into town they had Sam Bradford threw money at Chase Daniel and traded up for Wentz.. no way he leaves imo

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I do think he can start somewhere but he will stay in philly for sure.. Carson Wentz isn’t a guarantee to be ready.. and they actually value the back up qb situation If u rmbr two years ago when Pederson first came into town they had Sam Bradford threw money at Chase Daniel and traded up for Wentz.. no way he leaves imo
His contract ends next year, he will get real money in FA. The Eagles won’t be able to pay him. Might as well get something (like a first round pick) for him when he’s hot off a SB win.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His contract ends next year, he will get real money in FA. The Eagles won’t be able to pay him. Might as well get something (like a first round pick) for him when he’s hot off a SB win.
Right I get that for sure cost money but I think it’s gonna depend on the health of Carson Wentz to start the season could be a midseason trade

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I think Mark Sanchez is the best pure backup that is gonna be available.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I hope ur kidding... it’s not even April fools man... u early
Hey he has a 4-1 playoff record, and a 37-35 in the regular season what more can you ask for in a backup. I mean there is always Scott Tolzien.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey he has a 4-1 playoff record, and a 37-35 in the regular season what more can you ask for in a backup. I mean there is always Scott Tolzien.
Drew Stanton fitz McCown before him lol