how will YOU feel?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
Favre had a bad game against us early last year, we won. He had a good game against us late in the season, you won. Apparently the st. mary's sister's of the poor would have had a better chance at beating the packers early last year than they would the lions.

And your lions won WHAT?

As to the Favre scenario, how did YOU feel when Barry Sanders retired?

Or are you too young to remember that far back?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahahahaha - The Mighty Lions! The only team that could sign a backup QB and get excited about the upcoming season.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Ahahahaha - The Mighty Lions! The only team that could sign a backup QB and get excited about the upcoming season.

Nice post... It's one thing to call a team horrible. It's another thing to call a team horrible and only finish one game above them and lose to them in the end of the season.

OP
OP
B

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
big3 said:
Favre had a bad game against us early last year, we won. He had a good game against us late in the season, you won. Apparently the st. mary's sister's of the poor would have had a better chance at beating the packers early last year than they would the lions.

And your lions won WHAT?

As to the Favre scenario, how did YOU feel when Barry Sanders retired?

Or are you too young to remember that far back?

I hated it when Barry retired, but I understood why he did it. At least he didn't make an *** of himself to the team and the media by turning it into a huge soap opera.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, instead you have the Joey Harrington, Matt Millen, Mariucchi, Morningwig, Charles Rogers, Williams, fans wearing Bengals jersey's drama.

If the Packers are a soap opera the Lions are a Romance Novel. Good news though, you brought in Jon "Fabio" Kitna to star in this years edition

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of rough on Big3? I think that he asked a legit question, not in the smack area, to see what the packs feelings are.

However, "If the Packers are a soap opera the Lions are a Romance Novel. Good news though, you brought in Jon "Fabio" Kitna to star in this years edition." - that was a good one.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IBPrez wrote:

THe two more years commitment idea is more along the lines of the professional NFL thinking. It's not the first time I've heard it, either. If Favre wants to go out with a solid finish, then two years is what would seal that deal. Coming back for one year would just cost Packer fans waaay too much money because of it's effect on the whole franchise. All this media madness has probably driven up ticket prices and memorabilia to the point of the average fan not being able to get any of it. I can just see Scalper's Alley, Packer Fan Tours and Game Day.... all raising their prices by at least 30-40% on everything... You wait, a Favre jersey will now cost $175, instead of $100 or $125, like it did last year.

He should announce a new two year deal, with an exit clause that says: "I'm gone and thanks for the memories....." -- it's time to go back and start remembering the fans come first.

As long as the franchise is around, there's always a chance that we'll see ourselves back up on top, where we belong. That's why being a Packers fan (first) is the more important approach!

IBPrez,

That was a masterpiece! I feel the same way.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
After all of this post season Favre soap opera, how will you packer fans feel if he does retire? I'm sure if he comes back most of you will think it was worth it, but if he doesn't how will you feel? As a lion's fan I don't care either way, but I still think he's being very unfair to this team. Will your opinion of him change if he does retire?

I still believe the drama is being overhyped by the media looking for a story rather than reporting the news. This is the biggest story in the world of football right now, so everyone is coming out with an opinion. It's a good thing for Walker, who would be bashed hard daily otherwise.

As for my feelings if Favre does retire: sad, disappointed, excited/curious. Sad because it was great to watch him play -- even though he could really frustrate a fan at times. Disappointed because Brett's leadership and talent give us the best chance to turn next season into a winning one. Excited/curious to watch how well GB can be without their great leader.

Obviously there's a mix of emotions. My preference is to have Favre playing until he can't perform at as one of the best anymore. He still can, so I want him to continue to play.

The Packers will go on without Favre and I believe this will be a strong team. As with any sports team, when the best player is gone then everyone must lift their game to a higher level.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favres got a great chance at the all time INT record if he comes back mark him down for atleast 8 verus the bears assuming he makes up his mind by sept 10
he might want to wait and see if the pack can win 4 or 5 games before he makes a decision so expect a decision by week 8. if theyre over .500 he'll come back

Members online

Latest posts