how will YOU feel?

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After all of this post season Favre soap opera, how will you packer fans feel if he does retire? I'm sure if he comes back most of you will think it was worth it, but if he doesn't how will you feel? As a lion's fan I don't care either way, but I still think he's being very unfair to this team. Will your opinion of him change if he does retire?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
As a Packers fan I don't care either way. As a Favre fan, I'd like to see him committ to two more years then call it quits.

I'm excited to see how Rodgers plays, also nervous for what I'm asking for.

Either way, we'll still be better than the Lions :p

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
After all of this post season Favre soap opera, how will you packer fans feel if he does retire? I'm sure if he comes back most of you will think it was worth it, but if he doesn't how will you feel? As a lion's fan I don't care either way, but I still think he's being very unfair to this team. Will your opinion of him change if he does retire?

Oh...you care. You won't see me on a lions board talking about Joey Harrington.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he hangs it up so be it. He did not hurt this team so if the future is now we will adjust. A-Rod today or A-Rod tommorrow I guess. As long as we do not have Matt Millen anywhere near this organization we will be fine.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly thought two years ago after the loss to Minnesota in the playoffs, he was done, its something that you always have to recognize as a possiblity--and no i won't think any less of him if he goes away

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:

You care... The fans of da Bears, Queens and Lions all care. Probably because Brett Favre has been your worst nightmare for the better part of 15 years.

As for me, I'd hate to see him hang it up on such a low note, especially when the majority of losses last season were so close. However, Brett will do what is best for Brett. While I am a huge fan of Favre, the Pack will always be my favourite franchise, regardless if they have Favre, A-Rod or whomever the future holds as QB.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

OP
OP
B

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I really don't care. If the lions can beat the packers with Favre, that says how far they've come this year. It will be a good measuring stick for the new staff. I actually hope the lions get a chance to beat Favre at Lambeau since I don't think they ever have. I think he's the only chance you guys have for beating the lions this year. I don't think even Favre can help you have a winning season though. I just wondered how many people are saying whatever Favre wants to do is okay, and if he retires they will all of a sudden be angry.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
As a Packers fan I don't care either way. As a Favre fan, I'd like to see him committ to two more years then call it quits.

My idea is Brett could return for one more year, cut his playing time back and give Rodgers some snaps. That way the transition will be easier for us to take, and also for Favre and Rodgers as well.

Frankly what Brett Favre does it is his business. We will have to take whatever comes. Brett had to last season.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't alter the fact that he's the best QB the Packers ever had, and i feel lucky that i got to see him play. If he walks away now, so be it. It won't change my feelings about him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

THe two more years commitment idea is more along the lines of the professional NFL thinking. It's not the first time I've heard it, either. If Favre wants to go out with a solid finish, then two years is what would seal that deal. Coming back for one year would just cost Packer fans waaay too much money because of it's effect on the whole franchise. All this media madness has probably driven up ticket prices and memorabilia to the point of the average fan not being able to get any of it. I can just see Scalper's Alley, Packer Fan Tours and Game Day.... all raising their prices by at least 30-40% on everything... You wait, a Favre jersey will now cost $175, instead of $100 or $125, like it did last year.

He should announce a new two year deal, with an exit clause that says: "I'm gone and thanks for the memories....." -- it's time to go back and start remembering the fans come first.

As long as the franchise is around, there's always a chance that we'll see ourselves back up on top, where we belong. That's why being a Packers fan (first) is the more important approach!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Prez......where the heck you getting your Favre jersey? I think at the Packer Pro shop the REAL ones are $170 already!!! I think i need to shop where you are!!!LOLOL!!! :lol:
I got one years ago, at the OLD pro shop when they were switching manufacturers. Regularly $160, on sale for $100! I want to get that signed, but i doubt i ever will.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
some of you guys think that favre will come back and agree to scale back his playing time? no f-ing way.

I agree. You don't have the man come back to be a part timer.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if he announces his retirement, i will probably cry. i'm being honest. he's a great guy who did something amazing for my dad & my family so i'm sure i'll be emotional. i'll also be happy for him whatever he decides. he lived his dream - not alot of people can say that.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your SO right 4pack.........Favre has made being a Packer fan FUN again. It will be a sad day if he leaves now.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
I think he's the only chance you guys have for beating the lions this year.

Please, like the Lions are some kind of World beaters because you got Jon Kitna? I'm not saying the Packers are going to be great, or the Lions are going to suck, but the St. Mary's Sisters of the Poor would have a "chance" to beat the Lions.

OP
OP
B

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre had a bad game against us early last year, we won. He had a good game against us late in the season, you won. Apparently the st. mary's sister's of the poor would have had a better chance at beating the packers early last year than they would the lions.