How should Packers address CB

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:tdown:....:sick:.......:roflmao:
Much was the wrong word. Some for sure... up until the injury week 5, I thought he looked good. A couple bad plays when he was healthy,and injuries after that, does not mean he didn't look good for preseason and 5 weeks...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I challenge the common assumption that Ted picks a CB in the first round. Watch him pick a TE. :p

If OJ Howard were to fall would you be upset if Ted picked him. I don't know anything about him other than what I've read but it sounds like he is the best TE prospect to come along since ... well since a long time. If a player of that quality falls I have no problem if Ted takes him.

People who think it is a common assumption that Ted picks a Cb are those who are going strictly on need. As WIMM will no doubt point out Ted does draft for need, probably more than he would have you believe, but I also think he knows a good value if it is there and won't be afraid to forego a CB if a much better player is there.

D

Deleted member 6794

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...make-house-call-remedy-inexperience/99830554/

Different opinion. Again this does not exclude the trade option.

House isn't capable of covering opposing top receivers. He performed on a decent level with the Packers while being fourth on the drpth chart but there's no way teams want him on top of it.

He can't tackle ...that would be a nightmare against running teams. A nightmare.

The Packers for sure shouldn't line up Randall anywhere close to the box but he would be a natural fit at free safety.

Much was the wrong word. Some for sure... up until the injury week 5, I thought he looked good. A couple bad plays when he was healthy,and injuries after that, does not mean he didn't look good for preseason and 5 weeks...

The Packers allowed two receivers to have more than 180 yards in the first three weeks of the season. Randall for sure wasn't any good in those games.

If OJ Howard were to fall would you be upset if Ted picked him.

Yes, especially after picking up Bennett and Kendricks in free agency.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If OJ Howard were to fall would you be upset if Ted picked him. I don't know anything about him other than what I've read but it sounds like he is the best TE prospect to come along since ... well since a long time. If a player of that quality falls I have no problem if Ted takes him.

People who think it is a common assumption that Ted picks a Cb are those who are going strictly on need. As WIMM will no doubt point out Ted does draft for need, probably more than he would have you believe, but I also think he knows a good value if it is there and won't be afraid to forego a CB if a much better player is there.
Yes I would, we have pressing needs on D and I think we are good enough at this point at TE.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I would, we have pressing needs on D and I think we are good enough at this point at TE.

If Howard drops all it means is TT should trade back as you'd assume some team will be trying to move up to nab him. Grab as many picks as possible in a draft loaded at the positions we need most

Only offensive player I'm taking round one is Cook

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just found out we picked up Sherman. Inside source!

Found it:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ted Thompson

....can you confirm the trade for Richard Sherman?

TedThompsonVerified account @TightTedPackers

Yes, The Green Bay Packers have traded Jeff Janis and Don Barclay for Richard Sherman and the Seahawks first round pick.

Just found out we picked up Sherman. Inside source!

Good thing I looked at the date on my calendar ;)

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read TT has signed as many long snappers in the past 2 months as defensive players.
Beautiful.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Howard drops all it means is TT should trade back as you'd assume some team will be trying to move up to nab him. Grab as many picks as possible in a draft loaded at the positions we need most

i wouldn't trade out that spot. They need to take the best corner left in the first. Not a damn safety to convert to corner.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wouldn't trade out that spot. They need to take the best corner left in the first. Not a damn safety to convert to corner.

Just to be clear you are advocating Ted should reach for a CB in the first round rather than taking a superior player at another position if one is available.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Assuming we have a trade partner I would agree.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just to be clear you are advocating Ted should reach for a CB in the first round rather than taking a superior player at another position if one is available.

I was in favor of Thompson adequately addressing the cornerback position long before the start of the new league year. While it's far from perfect him not adding a #1 at the position might force the Packers to select the best CB available in the first round.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was in favor of Thompson adequately addressing the cornerback position long before the start of the new league year. While it's far from perfect him not adding a #1 at the position might force the Packers to select the best CB available in the first round.
Gives GB another chance at another #1 cb, if Randall and Rollins don't come back around in the next two years...

D

Deleted member 6794

Gives GB another chance at another #1 cb, if Randall and Rollins don't come back around in the next two years...

Most likely it's the only chance the Packers have left at acquiring a #1 cornerback. Although I don't expect a rookie to be able to fill that role.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess that having Burnett and Clinton-Dix starting at safety as well as the lack of talent on the perimeter has kept Randall at cornerback. It might be smart to move him to his natural position though.

If that's the case. You would have to run a 2-4-5. Randall, Burnett, and Clinton-Dix along with Rollins and probably House, Four LB's, and 2 DT's. That's a recipe for disaster. Keep Randall at CB, let it play out. Solidify CB corp with draft or late FA.

Members online

Latest posts