How is Andrew Billings still available!!!!????

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is who I wanted in the 1st round by far the most athletic DT I have watched how is he still there? What do people know that's causing him to slip??? I don't know of any injuries... Ugh this disgusts me

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw someone post earlier that there might be injury concerns with his shoulder, but I didn't see where they got their info from

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why you don't get wrapped up in draft rankings or personal bias. Obviously 32 teams didn't want him in the first few rounds. Doesn't mean Clark would have fallen.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw someone post earlier that there might be injury concerns with his shoulder, but I didn't see where they got their info from

I saw a post like that and repeated it but haven't seen anything on his shoulder in the news. Have to think it really was his shoulder?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is who I wanted in the 1st round by far the most athletic DT I have watched how is he still there? What do people know that's causing him to slip??? I don't know of any injuries... Ugh this disgusts me

So Snoops what if the Packers pass on Andrew Billings a third time?

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Snoops what if the Packers pass on Andrew Billings a third time?
Lol I dunno lets just say he will be a steal at this point for someone and he will put up better numbers then Clark this yr

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch the Vikings take him just to make me absolutely furious my wife said she will take it tho since she is a Vikings fan...

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's some hard times, Snoops.
Lol this is driving me nuts lol I'm telling you he is gonna be good gotta be something we don't know!? And yeah house divided.. I just remind her that they will never go anywhere we have a new daughter and she bought all these Viking dresses I'm gonna have to dispose of them ha my luck she is gonna grow up and be a frickin patriots fan or something haha

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Perfect example as to why no one should be pissed that Ted or any GM doesn't agree with how "you" value a player.

Sky King

Reaction score
Lol this is driving me nuts lol I'm telling you he is gonna be good gotta be something we don't know!? And yeah house divided.. I just remind her that they will never go anywhere we have a new daughter and she bought all these Viking dresses I'm gonna have to dispose of them ha my luck she is gonna grow up and be a frickin patriots fan or something haha
Vikings attire? Hmmm. The poor child will need counseling in another season or two.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfect example as to why no one should be pissed that Ted or any GM doesn't agree with how "you" value a player.

Not necessarily true. No one knew about his knee issue. If we knew about it when we were evaluating most of us would probably be rational like we were when we passed on Jack and Smith. Billings is a mystery that had an injury apparently only insiders knew.

People can question a pick and it's part of what makes this whole process fun. How boring would it be if we all chanted in semblance, "great pick, Packers are great" while our arms were outstretched searching for brains? In a vacuum Billings was still the more explosive and disruptive player. Without the injury info we couldn't have been expected to judge the pick differently.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not necessarily true. No one knew about his knee issue. If we knew about it when we were evaluating most of us would probably be rational like we were when we passed on Jack and Smith. Billings is a mystery that had an injury apparently only insiders knew.

People can question a pick and it's part of what makes this whole process fun. How boring would it be if we all chanted in semblance, "great pick, Packers are great" while our arms were outstretched searching for brains? In a vacuum Billings was still the more explosive and disruptive player. Without the injury info we couldn't have been expected to judge the pick differently.

The point is NFL scouts do know more than us. They do have insider information - medical, character, etc. So when we get so worked up that a guy is dropping maybe it is because we were just dont know as much as we think we do.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The point is NFL scouts do know more than us. They do have insider information - medical, character, etc. So when we get so worked up that a guy is dropping maybe it is because we were just dont know as much as we think we do.

The worked up part I get. You shouldn't be saying fire TT after every pick you don't agree with, but you can still disagree. If we don't have any debate then we are zombie Packer fans that just blindly follow anything the team does. I don't blame people for questioning certain picks this team makes. There are a few areas that we haven't done well with in quite a few years. DL is one of those areas.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worked up part I get. You shouldn't be saying fire TT after every pick you don't agree with, but you can still disagree. If we don't have any debate then we are zombie Packer fans that just blindly follow anything the team does. I don't blame people for questioning certain picks this team makes. There are a few areas that we haven't done well with in quite a few years. DL is one of those areas.

I agree you can disagree but it is so over the top. debate is good but seems like if the team doesnt draft the guy they want it is a huge mistake. According to most mocks and big boards the Packers really havent reached on any of their picks although I guess Clark averaged around the low 30s. Brandt had Spriggs at 34 and Fackrell at 77 so it seems like the Packers got fair to good value there.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When people say "I like this guy, I hope we take him," and then get upset when we don't, that makes sense.

When people say "My guy was better, the front office and other teams are wrong," that's silly. They may end up being right, but their "conclusion" is based on a tiny fraction of the information available to people whose jobs it is to pick these guys.

Discussing players we like, sure. Discussing if teams made mistakes, we're not remotely qualified to do. We can do it, but it's basically just playing "house" or "tea party" for grown men.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Read bigs reply.. To sum up -

No matter how much the average Joe thinks they know, they still don't have all the info.

Members online

Latest posts