How AWFUL was the secondary tonight

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris, Bush, Bigby and Collins were bloody horrible. If Harris thinks he's a Pro Bowler, he's dreaming and Bush Bigby and Collins were just as bad (the latter two gave up and were undisciplined too). No wonder we couldn't try to blitz against the Boys tonight. Horrible, all of them.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, they played like garbage. I was especially disappointed in Harris, who's been so good this year. He was overly emotional and was blowing coverages. Bush may have played himself out of the nickel spot, in favor of Tramon Williams, who was the lone bright spot.

A big part of the problem, though, was the lack of pass rush. I didn't realize how good that Dallas O-line was.

Reaction score
Was it just me or did we have a heck of a lot of zone coverages there.

Wasn't Harris's performance against TO last time they met proof enough that zone coverage and Al Harris don't belong in the same sentence.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Was it just me or did we have a heck of a lot of zone coverages there.

Wasn't Harris's performance against TO last time they met proof enough that zone coverage and Al Harris don't belong in the same sentence.

Yeah, I didn't get that at all. It was like they were playing scared.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i couldnt agree more, our secondary was bloody awful.....theres no excuse at all, we flat out played like ****.

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris can't play zone period. I hope Sanders learned that tonight. Zone is supposed to prevent big plays, but I can't think the Boys would have had any more if we'd played man all night.

Reaction score
i couldnt agree more, our secondary was bloody awful.....theres no excuse at all, we flat out played like ****.

I'm pretty sure $hit could've done better than our DBs tonight.

When you get $hit on your shoes, you stop.

Cowboys WRs just kept running when matched against our DBs...

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris can't play zone period. I hope Sanders learned that tonight. Zone is supposed to prevent big plays, but I can't think the Boys would have had any more if we'd played man all night.

it does if you have decent safteys and dont have all day to find holes

Melt74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really thought Woodson would play through the injury, and I was really disappointed to find out otherwise. However, after seeing tonight's collapse I'm glad he didn't. He needs to get healed up, b/c we're toast without him in the post-season.

I'm all for Bigby being benched for a quarter--those type of mistakes are inexcusable and MM needs to put a stop to it NOW.

(Oh yeah, I'm new to posting, but I've lurked here all season long. Great site!)

FromIrving

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I didn't realize how good that Dallas O-line was.

They have been awesome all year. Flozell and Marc Colombo are good for about 2 false starts a game though.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Al Harris is overated.........

*feels the flames coming*

He had a bad game, yes, and his game was exposed for sure.. he can be exploited if he can't face up and jam the reciever. TO has made alot of CB look silly... he lost the matchup tonight. But I would go to battle with Harris on my team anyday of the week.

Yep, the S fell off his chest for the day at least.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad we have him, and he is better than everyone else excluding Woodson on our team, but honestly I don't know how he has gotten this rep as a shutdown guys. I tryed saying he wasn't as good as most Packer fans think a few months ago and practically got lynched!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:

I agree.

He DEFINITELY has his moments.

but for the most part....overrated.

he needs woodson on the other side BIGTIME.

i dis - agree

Al Harris is good. but there is no such thing as a shut down corner. its impossible. Just like Favre is but one man, Harris is but one man. Both are outstanding players.

But without an offensive line and receivers Brett Favre aint ****.
Without an pass rush and secondary worth damn. Al Harris aint ****.

Brett is great. Al is great. At least top 3 in their positions. without a team they aint nothing. football is a team sport.

Al is not overrated. you cant name 3 better cornerbacks in the leauge.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:

I agree.

He DEFINITELY has his moments.

but for the most part....overrated.

he needs woodson on the other side BIGTIME.

i dis - agree

Al Harris is good. but there is no such thing as a shut down corner. its impossible. Just like Favre is but one man, Harris is but one man. Both are outstanding players.

But without an offensive line and receivers Brett Favre aint ****.
Without an pass rush and secondary worth damn. Al Harris aint ****.

Brett is great. Al is great. At least top 3 in their positions. without a team they aint nothing. football is a team sport.

Al is not overrated. you cant name 3 better cornerbacks in the leauge.

Antonio Cromartie
Asante Samuel
Leigh Bodden

Should I continue?

Al harris IS good. But he isn't elite\top 3\god CB some people here think he is. He's a big piece of our large puzzle, but lets not get things twisted.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone really think Harris could shutdown Terrell Owens?

I mean this league is designed for receivers to have a huge advantage over corners. You saw why tonight. Harris is a great CB and a Pro Bowl caliber player but I'd take the best 5 receivers in the league over the best CB in a one and one match up in this league any day.

Today was classic TO. Plus Dallas really did a nice job game planning. Excellent coaching but Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips. Garrett motioned TO so Harris would be forced to pass him off. That really created problems. If Woodson is there then he probably takes on TO instead of Frank Walker.

Bad execution by the Pack but great coaching by Dallas.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no way bro.

antonio cromartie and asante samuel have been playing for half of the time Al Harris has been playing. put together.

Al is great. he got outplayed by TO. but id still have him on this team over Antonio Cromartie and asante. easily.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts