How AWFUL was the secondary tonight

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no way bro.

antonio cromartie and asante samuel have been playing for half of the time Al Harris has been playing. put together.

And somewhere, that matters to somebody.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no way bro.

antonio cromartie and asante samuel have been playing for half of the time Al Harris has been playing. put together.

Al is great. he got outplayed by TO. but id still have him on this team over Antonio Cromartie and asante. easily.

you would rather have al harris than asante samuel......did you see the eagles game, samuel almost single handedly saved that game. ANd Cromartie had 3 ints against Peyton Manning. Al Harris dreams of games like that

I like AL, but your comment is ridiculous bro

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shut the hell up ... youd rather trade one game against the eagles for an entire 3 seasons of shutting down the other teams number one reciever????

its easy being a frontrunner bro... you just cheer for the guy thats doing good at the moment. anyone can do it. i can name stats just like anybody. Al Harris is better than antonio cromartie in his sleep. ask any reciever in football.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, how bad was the secondary playing without their top corner, without the usual pass rush and playing agqainst 11 offensive players and 7 referees who were bribed by the CowSh!t?

They played well enough to win in a fair ball game. THIS game was 11 Packers vs. 11 cowboys and 7 referees...

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Did anyone really think Harris could shutdown Terrell Owens?

I didn't.

But I also didn't expect T.O. to be able to have a field day.

Man coverage only works when both CBs can play it. Woodson and Harris can both play man coverage. With Woodson out, Harris was forced to play more zone because Bush needs safety help. Al does not have the speed for zone.

Apparently, Bush cannot play man coverage well. He looked alright in the few zone schemes I noticed him in.

Woodson is solid in both man and zone.

Tramon Williams should be our new nickel. This guy has definitely earned my respect this year.

Also, Bigby needs to be benched. Right now, Atari is not mature enough to be starting. Collins does not provided the big play punch of Bigby, but won't kill you with penalties. Rouse has earned his spot.

Our new secondary:

FS: Collins
SS: Bigby

CBs: Harris, Woodson, Williams, Bush, Blackmon, Walker

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
porky88 said:

I didn't.

Man coverage only works when both CBs can play it. Woodson and Harris can both play man coverage. With Woodson out, Harris was forced to play more zone because Bush needs safety help. Al does not have the speed for zone.

Apparently, Bush cannot play man coverage well. He looked alright in the few zone schemes I noticed him in.

Tramon Williams should be our new nickel. This guy has definitely earned my respect this year.

Also, Bigby needs to be benched. Right now, Atari is not mature enough to be starting. Collins does not provided the big play punch of Bigby, but won't kill you with penalties. Rouse has earned his spot.

Our new secondary:

Rouse AND Collins,....... if anyone disagrees their frickin nuts, Bigby is THE worst player on our defense, his head is up his a-hole and he is costing us big time

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins got OWNED by many people.

Bigby at leasts screws up on his OWN accord, cuz hes TOO physical. Id rather have the guy whose problem can be easily fixed.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
porky88 said:

I didn't.

Our new secondary:

Thats our current seconday minus the Bush/Tramon flip

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Bigby at leasts screws up on his OWN accord, cuz hes TOO physical. Id rather have the guy whose problem can be easily fixed.

I think Bigby blew more coverages in a quarter than Collins blew all evening... neither had a good game, but even after two games off Collins outplayed Bigby without a doubt tonight.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think going to mostly zone coverage to try to protect Bush really threw Harris off his game.
I also think Tramon should be a permanent replacement for Bush.

I agree about Tramon. I don't know about Harris though. There were plenty of plays where he just looked very slow to react

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hear Hear! I have a hard time thinking that our starting safties will be anyone other than Rouse and Bigby.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to add a top talent CB in the draft, bigtime, Woodson is 31 and Harris is 33, they can't go on forever.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good QB + Plenty of Protection = Embarrassed Secondary.

that being said, woodson out had a HUGE trickle effect on the secondary. We had to play zone which we are not that good at and with time ANY QB can pick apart a zone, especially if you have talent at reciever and tight end.

We will be ok in the rematch

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I mean this league is designed for receivers to have a huge advantage over corners. You saw why tonight. Harris is a great CB and a Pro Bowl caliber player but I'd take the best 5 receivers in the league over the best CB in a one and one match up in this league any day.

Today was classic TO. Plus Dallas really did a nice job game planning. Excellent coaching but Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips. Garrett motioned TO so Harris would be forced to pass him off. That really created problems. If Woodson is there then he probably takes on TO instead of Frank Walker.

Bad execution by the Pack but great coaching by Dallas.

Exactly, Harris is a top notch corner, but his style is to be physical and aggressive. With Dallas using so much motion, Harris had to pass off TO many times putting TO on a lesser corner and also negating the bumps at the line of scrimmage. Harris was left to pick up another receiver, and again was not in position to jam immediately off the snap. The lack of speed and nagging injuries make Harris an average player at best if he does not jam at the line of scrimmage.

I hate to keep banging this drum - well actually I don't - but we need to place alot of the blame on the DL and gameplan for not finding ways to put pressure on Romo. You give a good quarterback that much time to scan the field and sit in the pocket and no DB in the league will be able to maintain coverage.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When is Ted going to finally fix the Safety position?

This is what happens when you depend on rookies.

Hey Ted, there's a little thing called free agency. Why don't you use it next year?

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When is Ted going to finally fix the Safety position?

This is what happens when you depend on rookies.

Hey Ted, there's a little thing called free agency. Why don't you use it next year?

Yeah, maybe he can find one of those top notch Safeties that are always available in FA (guys like Mark Roman, Marquand Manuel and the like). The safety position is far superior, relying on rookies, than it ever was trying to fix it with free agents, it's just that it was atrocious before, and is simply average now.

jbroad70

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think harris did a decent job last night. the 3rd and 19 play was all on bigby. he blew that one big time. i definitely think we should draft a safety because bush is ineffective, i'm not sure what collins is (haha) and bigby just needs to grow up. i think after some time on the bench bigby could be good. just my 2 cents.

p.s. i'm new here by the way. i'm a long time Packer fan living in the NYC area. GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts