Hovan against our new guards. Any worries?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To my surprise, Chris Hovan has actually looked pretty decent so far this year in Tampa. He's been more disruptive so far this year than he was the last couple of years with the Vikings. I'm not sure if he's any smarter though, or if he's still the ****** who has it in for Favre like he did a few years ago. Anyone worried he'll get past our new guards to take a cheap shot on Favre?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks like he needed a change of scenery because he seems to be rejuvenated this year. He had a great game against the Bills last week. He knows the Packer offense and Favre in general so he may be a real problem.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea - I just hope he behaves himself in the Opposing Team's Locker Room - the last time he was at Lambeau - they tore it up and destroyed the place.

He probably will get to Favre a couple of times...
Whitticker's watchin' film as we speak..

I wanna know why Scott Wells isnt relieving Flanahan as the game progresses (???)
And, what about Ruegamer.. he's still here, too! (???)

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Yea - I just hope he bahves himself in the Opposing Team's Locker Room - the last time he was at Lambeau - they tore it up and destroyed the place.

He probably will get to Favre a couple of times...
Whitticker's watchin' film as we speak..

I wanna know why Scott Wells isnt relieving Flanahan as the game progresses (???)
And, what about Ruegamer.. he's still here, too! (???)

no i'm not worried about hovan, and if the GBP aren't running the U-71 why not play barry at G?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well he had plenty of motivation for the Vikings game, couple that with a missing Birk and it might explain a nice performance from him. i know McGahee had a bad game, but was he really that disruptive against the Bills last sunday?

Pack14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see the line start to gel. I didn't think Favre had bad protection last week. Hovan was jacked up last week vs the vikes.

Bucs3-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Instead of Sapp and Favre it will be Hovan and Favre now. What is it with Favre and Bucs DTs?

It might be McFarland or Rice, who knows? I tell you what someone will get to him.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thinking is that Favre already has his mindset ready for that to happen and you'll see the Linebacker in him come out this game.... The only DT, or DE that's had any real success in getting to Favre was Lavar Arrington from the Redskins.. You cheeseheads remember that?

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
My thinking is that Favre already has his mindset ready for that to happen and you'll see the Linebacker in him come out this game.... The only DT, or DE that's had any real success in getting to Favre was Lavar Arrington from the Redskins.. You cheeseheads remember that?

Isn't that the game where Favre sprained his knee?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD said:
Arrington's a linebacker.

Whatever, I just know it's the one time that comes to mind where the Packerfans did a collective "holding of their breath".... and the roar when he came back was deafening..... (Course, there's that time when Reggie White laid him out, when we played the Eagles... but no one really mentions that one these days)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts