1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Him or Him.....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tynimiller, May 10, 2016.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +331
    Got a question asked of me the other day, and figured I'd throw it out here as well.....

Who stands a better chance of being resigned and seeing his future be in Green Bay for say the next 3-5 years? Nick Perry or Datone Jones?

I'll withhold my initial thoughts as I even as I started discussing began switching my stance and by the end of my answer I actually thought the opposite.

So your response......go:

2. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +350
    Datone Jones, probably.

Isn't Perry on that one year deal? I also feel like he's very injury prone, which sucks because he had some nice moments last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Honestly, they both could. Neither will demand huge contracts in the off season. Unless one (or both) explodes this season and has a career year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    Yeah, I'd guess Datone of the two. Perry's one-year "prove it" deal came at a bad time where he may be a cap casualty regardless of whether or not he "proves it."

• Like Like x 1
  5. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +98
    I had such high hopes for Datone. I thought he might be a Mean Joe Greene type. But he has not panned out. Nick has really showed some good playing but sometimes disappears. Obviously would like to see both have great years. Sorry to have to puss out but will have to wait and see how the year goes.

6. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +453
    I think Jones is more likely to be re-signed. Good year or average year, I think Perry is likely to be offered more by some other team. Bad year we won't want him back.

7. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    I like Both. Injury concerns aside, I like Perry. But all things considered, Jones is the safer pick. Both have more potential than what we seen IMO.

8. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +269

I think this is the season we find out. Both need to stay healthy and have a productive year. If not, it's been nice knowing you.

9. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,988
    For some crazy reason (call it hope), I think that Nick Perry's constant injury history is behind him. I think that he'll turn into a consistent player for this defense but certainly not a star.

10. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,582
    With Peppers getting up in age the Packers will be in need of a starting outside linebacker next season. Both Perry and Jones haven't proven to be capable of filling that void so far so I guess none of them will get a lucrative long term deal with the Packers.