Him or Him.....

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got a question asked of me the other day, and figured I'd throw it out here as well.....

Who stands a better chance of being resigned and seeing his future be in Green Bay for say the next 3-5 years? Nick Perry or Datone Jones?

I'll withhold my initial thoughts as I even as I started discussing began switching my stance and by the end of my answer I actually thought the opposite.

So your response......go:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Datone Jones, probably.

Isn't Perry on that one year deal? I also feel like he's very injury prone, which sucks because he had some nice moments last season.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, they both could. Neither will demand huge contracts in the off season. Unless one (or both) explodes this season and has a career year.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd guess Datone of the two. Perry's one-year "prove it" deal came at a bad time where he may be a cap casualty regardless of whether or not he "proves it."

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had such high hopes for Datone. I thought he might be a Mean Joe Greene type. But he has not panned out. Nick has really showed some good playing but sometimes disappears. Obviously would like to see both have great years. Sorry to have to **** out but will have to wait and see how the year goes.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Jones is more likely to be re-signed. Good year or average year, I think Perry is likely to be offered more by some other team. Bad year we won't want him back.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Both. Injury concerns aside, I like Perry. But all things considered, Jones is the safer pick. Both have more potential than what we seen IMO.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got a question asked of me the other day, and figured I'd throw it out here as well.....

Who stands a better chance of being resigned and seeing his future be in Green Bay for say the next 3-5 years? Nick Perry or Datone Jones?

I'll withhold my initial thoughts as I even as I started discussing began switching my stance and by the end of my answer I actually thought the opposite.

So your response......go:

I think this is the season we find out. Both need to stay healthy and have a productive year. If not, it's been nice knowing you.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some crazy reason (call it hope), I think that Nick Perry's constant injury history is behind him. I think that he'll turn into a consistent player for this defense but certainly not a star.

D

Deleted member 6794

With Peppers getting up in age the Packers will be in need of a starting outside linebacker next season. Both Perry and Jones haven't proven to be capable of filling that void so far so I guess none of them will get a lucrative long term deal with the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts