Hgh Testing: Anyone To Worry About?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I echo GbPhil's, nope.

I think our guys have better sense than that. The rumor with Matthews using it is as old as the hills. He's been tested and has never tested positive for it. Some may call it a gym and a lot of determination. Good coaching to and workouts for the team as a whole.

As good as this team has been, I don't think a single guy on the roster would jeopordize his place in Packer Paradise.

OP
OP
TCHickman24

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I echo GbPhil's, nope.

I think our guys have better sense than that. The rumor with Matthews using it is as old as the hills. He's been tested and has never tested positive for it. Some may call it a gym and a lot of determination. Good coaching to and workouts for the team as a whole.

As good as this team has been, I don't think a single guy on the roster would jeopordize his place in Packer Paradise.

You would be surprised on the amount of athletes that try to get that extra edge. I have played minor league baseball the past 5 years and i knew several people that were on HGH. HGH doesnt show in a simple urine test. This is the first time that NFL and MLB are going to a blood test to test for HGH. So to say Matthews has been tested for HGH is simply not true.

I'm with you guys though. I think our players are smarter than that, but you just never know...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I reread it. I misunderstood something somewhere along the line. My core processor can only assimilate so much knowledge at a time on a binary level. Now make sense out of that and I'll give you a cookie but no Tgh.

Alas, even with my mishap, I retract the statement about the testing but I still stand firm on my belief that our guys are too smart for this. They have a lot more to lose and knowing it's going to be tested for, they'd have to be fools to use it.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The writings been on the walls about HGH testing for a long time now. Any smart player would not be using the stuff. And we all know the Pack has no stupid players. Some former stupid players but I can't think of any of the current significant ones who would risk it.

I mean the penalty's would be nothing compared to what it would do to your reputation and your legacy, not to mention any HOF aspirations.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The writings been on the walls about HGH testing for a long time now. Any smart player would not be using the stuff. And we all know the Pack has no stupid players. Some former stupid players but I can't think of any of the current significant ones who would risk it.

I mean the penalty's would be nothing compared to what it would do to your reputation and your legacy, not to mention any HOF aspirations.

My sentiments exactly. It's far too great of a risk for any possible gain.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little worried about it. It would be silly to assume that an entire roster would be squeaky clean of a substance that is untraceable and gives you a big boost. I, personally, would be eating that **** for breakfast and eating QBs for lunch. ha

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh everyone on the team has to be smarter than that, It would be fair to assume it given his freakish size but I genuinly believe thats down to hard work.

Anyone remember when it came out A Rod from the Yankees had been taking them?
I loved that haha

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get a ridiculous amount of crap from my friends about Matthews, but I think he's safe. Look at his bloodline. The guy has a history of large men in his family. Sometimes things like that just happen. Relax on the HGH talk.

Yup. People don't believe it's possible to put on a ton of muscle over the course of a few months or one year. I like to point these people to Tim Ferris, author of the 4 Hour Body, who put on 28 lbs of lean muscle in 30 days. I also like to point these people towards something called "The Colorado Experiment", where Casey Viator gained 63 lbs of pure muscle in 28 days.

You can do it naturally, without roids, which I genuinely believe Clay did. All this bullsh*t about HGH and steroids comes from a bunch of fools who let jealousy cloud their judgement.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of cynical when it comes to this stuff. Anytime you have a once in a lifetime shot at making millions I think it's human nature to do whatever it takes. A lot of these guys have nothing else outside of the sport they play, if they fail there is nothing to fall back on. Nothing.

Years ago I read in SI about the amount of different PED's that were available back in the 90's when the NFL started testing and Ben Johnson got busted at the Olympics. It was some absurd number like 2500 different types with new ones being developed all the time. The NFL and the Olympics tested for like 12.

If you got a pill from a doctor that he said would increase your pay and performance at work 500% in the next year with few side effects and a small chance you'd be caught if you are careful, would you take it?

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. People don't believe it's possible to put on a ton of muscle over the course of a few months or one year. I like to point these people to Tim Ferris, author of the 4 Hour Body, who put on 28 lbs of lean muscle in 30 days. I also like to point these people towards something called "The Colorado Experiment", where Casey Viator gained 63 lbs of pure muscle in 28 days.

You can do it naturally, without roids, which I genuinely believe Clay did. All this bullsh*t about HGH and steroids comes from a bunch of fools who let jealousy cloud their judgement.

Agreed. One of the most important aspects of putting on weight, muscle weight, is eating. A lot of people think that what I'm saying means you'll get fat. No. Drink a gallon of milk every day. Eat high calorie foods. Your body will then allow you to put on more muscle mass. It sounds stupid but it is what works. The aspect that makes it muscle mass and not fat is that you have to lift like a maniac, which we all know Clay did. If you eat like a ******* and lift like a maniac, you will gain muscle mass.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
I'm worried about Masthay... I bet he's been doing it for a while now.

And to get the Matt Flynn Joke out of the way.
Matt Flynn doesn't take steroids, steroids take Matt Flynn.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
You know this HGH hype is getting ridiculous. HGH is the new thing that everyone thinks players are on now because it requires a specific type of testing. But I can tell you from experience because I've done bodybuilding competitions before, that the only thing HGH is good for is speeding up recovery and shedding bodyfat. As an anabolic it's virtually useless, unless you stack it with AAS.

Of course it has it's uses in sports, but it's hardly to gain any kind of edge. More or less if players were to use it, it would be so they could stay on the field instead of hobbling around being hampered with injuries and because of that there are probably a lot of players that are on it that you wouldn't look twice at.

But alas, I'd hazard to guess that most players are using low dose testosterone. It's 10x cheaper and 100x easier to use.

The testing procedures no matter how rigorous they are, they're only going to catch the stupid players. Most of these guys know what they are doing or they are under the supervision of people that do and beating a test is relatively easy.

There are tons of people in the league on gear, and I could care less. It's their body. I just want my team to win and I want to be entertained. So I say take as much **** as you want. Just don't get caught.

Members online

Latest posts