Hey Packer Fans, Are We Spoiled

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that. I also know for a FACT simply not winning the Super Bowl does not make the whole season bad.

Great to know there are facts to be had about what makes a season bad, not just opinions like I'd thought. When, in fact, is a season bad?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the idea that Packers fans are "spoiled". I hear this argument a lot from older fans who kept the faith through the 70's and 80's. Those teams didn't have a once-in-a-lifetime quarterback. Expectations should be high since Aaron Rodgers is a generational talent. It's not spoiled to believe that Rodgers should end his career with two, three, or four Super Bowl appearances/titles.

We could all go back to being "not spoiled" when Rodgers retires and the Packers win 3 games.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When, in fact, is a season bad?
I would say the Browns had a bad season, but they get to look forward to having the #1 pick, plus the knowledge that it can't get any worse.

Expectations should be high since Aaron Rodgers is a generational talent.
I've seen a lot of posters over the years laugh at the idea that the window might be closing: "No, no, Rodgers has years and years left, he may lose some of his physical skill, but he'll gain veteran wiles to make up for it. There's no hurry to make a run at all". But this year shows just how fragile a career can be.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Im here to tell ya....no. The 70s were a ***** show. Turnstile o lines, and the D was Swisse bad. You want spoiled? Go sit with a St Louis Cardinals baseball fan.
Fans before 1992- in general. no

Fans after 92- in general. yes

Reaction score
I hate the idea that Packers fans are "spoiled". I hear this argument a lot from older fans who kept the faith through the 70's and 80's. Those teams didn't have a once-in-a-lifetime quarterback.
Intriguing how your own words are testimony to the fact that us old people are normally right! :tup: