Hey Packer Fans, Are We Spoiled

Reaction score
Reading the forum here about so many reasons the Packers missed the play offs, I have to ask:
Are we spoiled by being Packer fans of one of the greatest and successful teams in the history of the NFL

Being a fan-based owned football team and very little patience for losing, I feel next season will be better
with some adjustments across the board.

What Say?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not spoiled. It's the vast quantities of beer and pork products that make us smell this way.

Can't be much worse next season. I think the only tweak is a new DC will make us significantly better.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably. As since I been alive ( Born in 1990) I only remember success and very few bad years. As all I know were Favre and Rodgers at the helm.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans who were never also fans of a team with no HOF or All-Pro quarterbacks are defniitely spoiled. The only downside to being a Packers fan exclusively since 1992 is you never knew what it would be like to have a lot of talent, but not an elite QB to get them all working as a team. I want to explain this in great detail, but trying to only led to the impression I am condescending.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As one who views the point of the season as bringing home the Lombardi in those years when it's reasonable, then, no, two of them SINCE Lombardi hasn't spoiled me in the least.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Spoiled? Nah, I hate that term. Let's just say that it's a helluva lot more fun over the last 25 years than it was during the first 25, ya know?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im here to tell ya....no. The 70s were a ***** show. Turnstile o lines, and the D was Swisse bad. You want spoiled? Go sit with a St Louis Cardinals baseball fan.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading the forum here about so many reasons the Packers missed the play offs, I have to ask:
Are we spoiled by being Packer fans of one of the greatest and successful teams in the history of the NFL

Being a fan-based owned football team and very little patience for losing, I feel next season will be better
with some adjustments across the board.

What Say?
Spoiled? The more years that pass without an SB appearance the less spoiled I feel.
Frustrated? That is the one that grows bit by bit with each passing year since the last Packers SB.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spoiled? The more years that pass without an SB appearance the less spoiled I feel.
Frustrated? That is the one that grows bit by bit with each passing year since the last Packers SB.

I live in a world where frustration has notbing to do with the Super Bowl because the fans suffered through a long playoff drought. The fact that Packers fans are frustrated if they do not win the Super Bowl no matter how close they get to accomplishing that is living proof they are spoiled. It means you take the playoffs for granted and don't want to enjoy playing in more than 16 games. You deny we had a great season when it ends at the conference championship game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in a world where frustration has notbing to do with the Super Bowl because the fans suffered through a long playoff drought. The fact that Packers fans are frustrated if they do not win the Super Bowl no matter how close they get to accomplishing that is living proof they are spoiled. It means you take the playoffs for granted and don't want to enjoy playing in more than 16 games. You deny we had a great season when it ends at the conference championship game.
Which one has more bragging rights?
Great seasons that end in playoff loses or seasons getting to and winning the SB?
It is majorly hypocritical and just downright stupid in saying "The Bears suck" when we have ONLY ONE MORE SB WIN SINCE 1985.

Fine. Call me spoiled. Whatever. I really don't give a sh**.
But these "great" seasons that end up with a PO loss are lousy and getting really old.

A-Rod should have had one more ring by now.
I won't blame him one bit if he leaves for a real SB contender because the Packers with their lousy D year after year, just ain't it.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there's any question that we're spoiled, at least when compared with most other teams. But that's fine with me, I wouldn't have it any other way.
On the other hand, all these playoff appearances has led to a LOT of frustrating situations and games - like the Seattle collapse, the 4th and 26, home playoff losses, etc.

I won't blame him one bit if he leaves for a real SB contender because the Packers with their lousy D year after year, just ain't it.
I've been hearing more and more suggestions on the national media that the Packers are wasting Rodgers prime. The bad weather isn't best for his game (and stats), free agents don't want to come here, our front office isn't surrounding him with complimentary talent, etc. That's not my opinion (necessarily), but that's what I keep hearing. Green Bay is beginning to get a reputation for being "small time", and that's angering me.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter the sport, anything less than finishing the season while hoisting the championship trophy is a failure. Have we been spoiled since the team's inception? Yes. No other team has 13 NFL championships. Have we been spoiled since 1967? Absolutely not. We have won only 4% of championships since then. Spoiled would be winning AT LEAST 20% of the championships throughout that time period.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which one has more bragging rights?
Great seasons that end in playoff loses or seasons getting to and winning the SB?
It is majorly hypocritical and just downright stupid in saying "The Bears suck" when we have ONLY ONE MORE SB WIN SINCE 1985.

Fine. Call me spoiled. Whatever. I really don't give a crap.
But these "great" seasons that end up with a loss are lousy and getting really old.

I won't blame him one bit if he leaves for a real SB contender because the Packers with their lousy D year after year, just isn't it.

The Bears dox suck because they have gone much longer than us without being playoff contenders. If you ask any Bears fan, "Do the Packers suck because Aaron Rodgers has only one Super Bowl ring?" the answer would be about the perspective that you had many opportunities to play in a Super Bowl while the Bears were a coach and QB revolving door.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is literally the whole Packers team how in the hell can we be spoiled by 1 of the greatest players of all time surrounded by subpar talent and/or coaching. Expectations of this team have changed over the last 30 years. Many of us have known for years that Rodgers has been carrying this team and all you have to do is look at the pathetic record without Rodgers to know that is true.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is literally the whole Packers team. How in the world can we be spoiled by 1 of the greatest players of all time surrounded by subpar talent and/or coaching? Expectations of this team have changed over the last 30 years. Many of us have known for years that Rodgers has been carrying this team and all you have to do is look at the pathetic record without Rodgers to know that is true.

Aaron Rodgers is by far the most important player, obviously, but callnig him the only player is total nonsense. You have to know better than that. Football is the ultimate team sport and the quarterback is one of 11 players on any given offensive play.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have had it very good as fans for a while, but I wouldn't call it spoiled. We have high expectations like any fans would, and are somewhat demanding like any owners would be. I think the coaching staff and GM are the ones who are spoiled.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is by far the most important player, obviously, but callnig him the only player is total nonsense. You have to know better than that. Football is the ultimate team sport and the quarterback is one of 11 players on any given offensive play.
Yes it is and everyone has been nearly worthless without Rodgers, again, look at the record

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody who knows anything about football would seriously believe only the record matters.

Please quote me where I said it was the only thing that matters. And please let me know of a better way of determining the talent level of your players and/or coaches other than record. Are you honestly trying to tell me that this team is filled with talented players and/or coaches when they are a 5-10-1 team without Rodgers? Now I will quote you.

Only someone that knows nothing about football would try to make that claim.

Also notice how this entire time I have said both coaches and players. If you cannot see there is a serious problem with this team without Rodgers, you need to take the rose colored glasses off. This is a well below average team without Rodgers. Your own words say that football is the ultimate team sport, and you are right, what does it say about the rest of the team when the loss of one player turns you from a super bowl contender into one of the worst teams in football.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not a fool, I fully understand the loss of Rodgers hurts the team but if the rest of players and/or coaches were that talented, they would have won another game or two but as it was they were only able to beat some of the worst teams in football.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please quote me where I said it was the only thing that matters. And please let me know of a better way of determining the talent level of your players and/or coaches other than record. Are you honestly trying to tell me that this team is filled with talented players and/or coaches when they are a 5-10-1 team without Rodgers? Now I will quote you.

Only someone that knows nothing about football would try to make that claim.

Also notice how this entire time I have said both coaches and players. If you cannot see there is a serious problem with this team without Rodgers, you need to take the rose colored glasses off. This is a well below average team without Rodgers. Your own words say that football is the ultimate team sport, and you are right, what does it say about the rest of the team when the loss of one player turns you from a super bowl contender into one of the worst teams in football.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not a fool, I fully understand the loss of Rodgers hurts the team but if the rest of players and/or coaches were that talented, they would have won another game or two but as it was they were only able to beat some of the worst teams in football.

The QB is glue and this teammates are paper. You can have 11 very talented individuals, but lose a lot of games because they are not working together as a team. I know our offense is not close to elite. I also know losing one All-Pro player who is not a QB is often far less damaging than if you lose a future HOF QB if you have good quality backups and coaches.

One of the worst teams in football? Hiow many teams have you watched this season?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears dox suck because they have gone much longer than us without being playoff contenders. If you ask any Bears fan, "Do the Packers suck because Aaron Rodgers has only one Super Bowl ring?" the answer would be about the perspective that you had many opportunities to play in a Super Bowl while the Bears were a coach and QB revolving door.
The one and only thing that matters in sports is championship wins.
You can try and justify it all you want to, but let's face reality.
The Packers just flat out sucked this year and to keep on declaring "The Bears suck" is a double standard.
You can disagree but those who do are being homers who just want to hate blindly.
The less SB appearances we make year after year the more our bragging rights erode.
Yeah, we got all that history, but that is becoming ancient history.
I mean, the Browns also have that championship history as well, but no one cares about it.

I am just sick and tired of us being losers when before we have been winners.

Members online

Latest posts