Hey Cowboy fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
But make no mistake about it, the cows came to your field and nearly spanked the living daylights out of you...
Too bad it's a maybe, should have would have situation. I saw a game where control and momentum changed hands back and forth. So how you saw a spanking is just plain wishful thinking on your part. Now go home and cry.:cry:

I'll bet you weren't singin' the blues when you got that call against Detroit, were ya'?
The NFL and the refs admit that the call was bogus. Unlike the Dez call which has been vindicated by the league, the refs and the COACH OF THE COWBOYS.

Coach Garrett himself said that the Dez Bryant call had no bearing on the outcome of the game. So... I'll take the word of the Coach on something like that and not some butthurt fan.

They almost won. Too bad that don't count.

I say you're full of shiet. How we doin' so far? Not good?

Sod off.

Last edited:

THEHEREAFTER

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line, Cowboys lost, Packers won.

End of story. Now go home and cry about it some more Cowpattie fans.

I like you packer fans. I really do. You won we lost. I'll be back next week regardless of outcome to see how you guys are doing. I want to keep this relationship going.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hated the call and wish that it had not been overturned (yes, the rule was applied correctly but I wish the rule was different). I watch the playoffs for great plays and that, had the Cowboys gone on the Super Bowl, would have gone down as one of the best receptions in history. However a silly rule takes that away. Fans didn't have the chance to see the defense try to make a stand or watch Aaron Rodgers go on arguably the most important drive of his career.

The ball hit the ground and bounced out of his hands, hardly a "silly rule". Dez couldn't complete the process.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My original prediction of the cows scoring around 30 and pack scoring in the 20's could of been very close to accurate... We were underestimated by your fanbase and you know it and I know it, the CJ rule shouldn't apply to dez's catch. He possessed the ball and made many steps and a lunge.. It's a bad rule, and will be changed just because of this play no doubt. The pack was gifted a free reception at the end of the half that led to score. The play has been looked at and the ball did indeed hit the ground... There is no doubt, the cows made too many mistakes and lost on their own issues.. But make no mistake about it, the cows came to your field and nearly spanked the living daylights out of you... If the cowboys scored a touchdown, and they would of, it would of been up to rogers heroics to win the game and even though you guys moved the ball well there is no guaretees he can come back with the momentum swing... That fumble by Murray is where the everything swung in your favor ... The bounces when your way on Sunday that is just the way it unfolded..

Dez couldn't complete the process, just because you don't like it doesn't mean that isn't the reality of the situation. I bet Jordy would have made that catch. ;)

You guys had us 21-13 but couldn't stop our one legged QB from ripping you a new one in the last 17 minutes of the game. Go away and stop crying, tell Dez he's my boy.

Wpg-GBP#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BALL CLEARLY HITS GROUND, before knee or elbow. No control once hitting turf...this has been called numerous times.

Dez Bryant complaining, like u can go by him...he always loses his mind.

And lets say he gets the TD for arguments sake. Packers have over 3 mins left and we would have needed a FG. Rodgers was lights out all second half, on top of that...Dallas had few times to stop us and get the BALL back with pack getting it with over 3 mins and guess what ? they didn't, Rodgers kept throwing first downs or Lacy running. So they can whine all year long but they still had a shot but couldn't stop packers offense but they don't wanna talk about that part becuz that would be real and reality. See Cobb made a beauty clutch catch when needed with just under 2 mins to go...and the ball was dangerously floating...he came back to ball spread all out to grab it. Make a play Dallas... Wait that dez catch or non catch wasn't last part of the game then eh+ right. Move on, you lost

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BALL CLEARLY HITS GROUND, before knee or elbow. No control once hitting turf...this has been called numerous times.

Dez Bryant complaining, like u can go by him...he always loses his mind.

And lets say he gets the TD for arguments sake. Packers have over 3 mins left and we would have needed a FG. Rodgers was lights out all second half, on top of that...Dallas had few times to stop us and get the BALL back with pack getting it with over 3 mins and guess what ? they didn't, Rodgers kept throwing first downs or Lacy running. So they can whine all year long but they still had a shot but couldn't stop packers offense but they don't wanna talk about that part becuz that would be real and reality. See Cobb made a beauty clutch catch when needed with just under 2 mins to go...and the ball was dangerously floating...he came back to ball spread all out to grab it. Make a play Dallas... Wait that dez catch or non catch wasn't last part of the game then eh+ right. Move on, you lost

Right, and even if that Dez play was the last play of the game, who cares? Dez could have completed the process of the catch, but he choked. Noones fault but his own.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ball hit the ground and bounced out of his hands, hardly a "silly rule". Dez couldn't complete the process.

It's a silly rule; 99% of people watching the game know he was reaching for the goal line when the ball came loose. It's a silly rule and needs to be revised.

It's called football, it's not a legal document. The whole "process" thing is ridiculous. Great, I'm glad you're happy that a tremendous football play was taken away by a technicality. Somehow I think your feelings might be different if it had been a Packers player stretching for the endzone.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire game is technicalities. Why 2 feet instead of 1? why can the ground cause a fumble, but only if you're untouched by a defender? Why can't it cause a fumble if going down by contact? The ball moved twice, once by shields knocking it, then it changes hands twice and is clearly dislodged from his body and the entire time he is falling to the ground. A player must maintain possession and control thru the process of going to the ground. He didn't, let's beat this horse again?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My original prediction of the cows scoring around 30 and pack scoring in the 20's could of been very close to accurate... We were underestimated by your fanbase and you know it and I know it, the CJ rule shouldn't apply to dez's catch. He possessed the ball and made many steps and a lunge.. It's a bad rule, and will be changed just because of this play no doubt. The pack was gifted a free reception at the end of the half that led to score. The play has been looked at and the ball did indeed hit the ground... There is no doubt, the cows made too many mistakes and lost on their own issues.. But make no mistake about it, the cows came to your field and nearly spanked the living daylights out of you... If the cowboys scored a touchdown, and they would of, it would of been up to rogers heroics to win the game and even though you guys moved the ball well there is no guaretees he can come back with the momentum swing... That fumble by Murray is where the everything swung in your favor ... The bounces when your way on Sunday that is just the way it unfolded..
If Michael Irvin was called for pushing off which he did nearly every play, if the cowboy OLineman Nate Newton and Eric (???) got flagged for all of the hands to face against Refgie White, the cowboys would have no Superbowl victories from the Jimmy Johnson era. Considering all those obstacles and we nearly spanked the living daylights out of you every season. ..

Last edited:

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a silly rule; 99% of people watching the game know he was reaching for the goal line when the ball came loose. It's a silly rule and needs to be revised.

It's called football, it's not a legal document. The whole "process" thing is ridiculous. Great, I'm glad you're happy that a tremendous football play was taken away by a technicality. Somehow I think your feelings might be different if it had been a Packers player stretching for the endzone.

He did stretch for the endzone, but being that it was coming off a stumble where he was falling from going up and making the catch, it doesn't matter, the rule is you have to complete the entire process, he didn't, the ball hit the ground and popped loose, incomplete.

It was not only the right call, but the only call to make. It was 100% by the rulebook an incomplete pass. I knew it right when I saw the ball hit the ground and pop loose, so did McCarthy, and so did the NFL.

The process isn't ridiculous, common sense dictates that if you are falling from making a jumping catch and the ball hits the ground and pops out of your hands that is an incomplete pass. Its very simple, Cowboys fans just don't want it to be.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire game is technicalities. Why 2 feet instead of 1? why can the ground cause a fumble, but only if you're untouched by a defender? Why can't it cause a fumble if going down by contact? The ball moved twice, once by shields knocking it, then it changes hands twice and is clearly dislodged from his body and the entire time he is falling to the ground. A player must maintain possession and control thru the process of going to the ground. He didn't, let's beat this horse again?
Very well put. If anyone can come up with a rule that will never generate controversial calls and be definable and not at the complete discretion of an official, please post it here.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the objective conversations. The rule is completely perfect because it sealed the Packers' win...yet I'm not convinced everyone here would be ok if say Jordy gets an incompletion in the same fashion. Somehow I think there's less, "the rule is fine" and more "he obviosuly caught it!"

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not sure you and I are talking about the same thing when we say "technicalities". You're talking about every rule in the game. I'm talking about overturning a catch that 99% of objective fans would say was a catch based on how a rule is worded.

I'm ecstatic the Packers are going to Seattle. I'm sad that football fans were robbed of a terrific play made by a great player. I'm sad that we didn't get to see Aaron Rodgers lead a comeback drive at the end of the game (because, realistically, the Cowboys weren't stopping the Packers in the second half). But hey, it was a win for fans of technical writing!

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's done. Everyone in the World could declare the Dez catch a 'catch' and it would make no difference to the outcome of the game.
Let's just go back to a friendly Cowboys/Packers discussion on how our throwback shirts are better than your throwback shirts.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

and how everyone's throwbacks are better than this:-

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-13_17-25-43.jpeg
    upload_2015-1-13_17-25-43.jpeg
    11.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's done. Everyone in the World could declare the Dex catch a 'catch' and it would make no difference to the outcome of the game.
Let's just go back to a friendly Cowboys/Packers discussion on how our throwback shirts are better than your throwback shirts.

and how everyone's throwbacks are better than this:-

At least we got rid of those brown helmets. Was even worse then.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The flag being picked up against Det was COMPLETELY UNPRECEDENTED bullcrap.

The Dez drop, on the other hand was just a veteran player failing to make a catch, he let the ball bounce off the ground and out of his hands, which is why it was incomplete.

Dont try to group those two calls together, cause they couldn't be more different.

While I agree Detroit got robbed on the call, I disagree that the flag being picked up was 'completely unprecedented' which of course means has never happened before. I've seen it happen many times where a flag has been thrown and the refs get together to discuss it and then pick up the flag. What was different about it though was that they announced the penalty and marked it off and then they decided to get together and discuss it. If they would have gotten together and discussed it and then picked up the flag before marking it off I don't think there would have been as much controversy.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that, its just the perception. If you knew anything about me (and I haven't been around long for you to know much about me) you would know that I am one of the most vocal anti "we lost because of that play" guys around. I have NEVER seen a game that was won or lost on one play. Not even the Fail Mary game. Not even the TJ Rubly game not even the Instant Replay Game. There has never been a game where 1 play and 1 play only was the reason a team won or lost. There are ALWAYS other plays that go right or wrong that have an impact on the game.

Obviously you never win or lose just because of a single play as there are many plays in a game, but you also can't say the outcome of a game has never been determined by the result of a single play. For example, the Fail Mary, if that single play had been ruled an interception instead of a td, then the Packers would have won instead of losing. So a single play can be the 'difference' between winning and losing. I understand where you are coming from that many plays affect the game, but you can't deny that a single play can change the outcome of a game.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Detroit PI call was stupid, but I've submitted to the fact that Detroit had 120 minutes to win and they didn't. One call doesn't dictate games. If calls like that were thrown all game, then there'd be some concern, but its just one call.

I didn't realize Detroit has to play 60 more minutes than other teams each game. Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. Dallas did not lose the game because of the one call. We had several opportunities to sieze control of the game. This usually comes back to bite you against really good teams like GB. I have nothing but the highest praise for your QB. He's simply awesome. Yes.. that was a catch! No it wasn't the sole reason we lost. People keep shouting "the rule ... the rule...letter of the law etc.".. IT WASN'T INTERPRETED CORRECTLY. This was a catch, three stumbling strides with complete ball security and a lunge to the goal line. Dez made the exact same play week 7 vs. the Giants. In the end. Congrats to GB for making the plays to win the game. I hate for such a great matchup to be clouded by a controversial call win or lose.

I went back and looked at the play you are talking about against the Giants. While it looks similar, there is one key difference in that Bryant catches the ball while his feet are still under him - he is not stumbling to the ground trying to catch the ball like in the GB game - and then when the defender tries to tackle him he lunges for the goal line. Since he was upright and not falling to the ground to make the catch, the 'going to the ground' rule doesn't apply. At least that's what I see and I understand that it is also a judgement call on the refs part, but that's what I assume the NFL would say why the plays are not the same.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've all seen plays where the balls come out but the receiver has been ruled down. At which point are they considered down?

Not looking to argue, just trying to understand

Yes but the ball directly hitting the ground on his way down from the catch is why it is incomplete, forget the fact that it popped out, it doesn't matter, the WR was falling from the catch and let the ball hit the ground, therefore it is an easy call to make.

Actually the ball popping out does matter. According to the rules, the ball can touch the ground as long as the player has control of the ball and the ball does not move after contacting the ground. If the ball hadn't popped/moved then it would have been called a catch.

In 2000 the NFL changed the rule, now known as the Bert Emanuel Rule. The result is that the ball can touch the ground as long as the player maintains control throughout the process.

Reaction score
Very well put. If anyone can come up with a rule that will never generate controversial calls and be definable and not at the complete discretion of an official, please post it here.
"though shall not kill":D
Oh, you meant man-made.. sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts