Heres how we keep guy's who can make a play.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get rid of the dead weight and average players who want to be paid like superstars. I will be very upset if we lose James Jones and super upset if we lose Sam Shields. I was just thinking about if there has been any communication between TT and the Shields camp on extending him before seasons end? the longer you wait the more he's going to want. I think he will want something like Tramon Williams got and to me that's cheap because he has been our most consistent db and i'm sure there are a lot of teams that would be willing to pay him handsomely if he tested the market including all three of our division foes. Lock him up now.

James Jones. He's come a long way and is probably our most under-rated offensive player. I've studied James Jones and compared him to some of the other wr's in this league and he could go to several teams and be the #1 guy easily. He's not the fastest guy but he's quick in and out of his routes and has enough speed to seperate from most db's. His hands have come along way and i would consider him our best blocking wr as he is a pretty physical guy. I would like to see him, Nelson, and Cobb get a full yr together with Rodgers. He deserves to get paid especially after last yr and with Finley probabl;y not coming back and the defense being the way it is mise well give Rodgers as many weapons as possible to score a bunch of point's. I'm ok with paying Jones with the Raji money..you can also add a decent DT as well...plenty of fat guy's out there who can eat up blockers for wayyy less money.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones is an excellent receiver, is faster (or maybe quicker would be the better term) than most people give him credit for, his dropsies have mostly disappeared and he makes some crazy good catches. I would be a bit upset to see him go to. That being said, he is not a guy the Pack should be paying 10 million a year to either, and if Mike Wallace can get 10 mil a year...

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones is an excellent receiver, is faster (or maybe quicker would be the better term) than most people give him credit for, his dropsies have mostly disappeared and he makes some crazy good catches. I would be a bit upset to see him go to. That being said, he is not a guy the Pack should be paying 10 million a year to either, and if Mike Wallace can get 10 mil a year...

No definitely not that much but i think he should get a raise to stay.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jarrett Boykin is JJ 2.0. Both are deceptively quick, run good routes, and seem to have good hands (still a bit early on Boykin to say that, but has shown well here). Packers way is to move on to the younger option and I believe he will. JJ will be 30 next year. Packers rarely keep a player one year too long. And assuming he wants some good coin - which he deserves - the Packers should move on because he isn't the difference between us being an elite and non-elite offense. That money should be devoted to Shields, Raji, Cobb, Jordy, etc.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Hey Rodell,
I asked what university you accepted your offer from and you told me you accepted one because they let you play baseball. I forgot which one. Did they have an English department? I suppose as all universities do but you never got past the first semester did you? Because that's one of the requirements of any degree. Even an associates degree requires you to write and spell.
Anyway.... I'll never put you on ignore because you surprise me every day with the things you say. You might actually believe some of the things you write but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if this isn't some huge joke you're playing on the forum. If that's true - you're a pro and I salute you. You write as though you really haven't a clue in the world.
Your post title is "Here's how" and then you never say how except to say "pay them". Let me ask a personal question: When you want a new XBox or Playstation, how do you go about it? Do you leave a note on the refrigerator that says: "Need an XBox" or do you go through your finances and see if it's not going to conflict with the utilities bill or whatever? Or do you have so large a bank account that finances don't matter, you're rich and you can buy anything you want?
See.... in the real world people have to account for their money and plan for it's distribution. You might not want to believe me but this actually happens in the corporate world too. But I like your plan.
I think they should just keep spending money until they have the right fit. Once they win the SB with all that talent then they just keep the guys that worked and made plays.
How is it that other teams haven't figured this out yet?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Devil that was mean.
Insults like that should be left for the mean Bears or Viqueens fans who come in here and talk trash.

I agree with OP's basis that the big money should go to Shields, Jones, Jordy coming up and not Raji.

What the hell has Raji done to earn huge money other than the draft pick slot and the 2010 Raji Freeze stuff?
This guy has been less than half as effective as the guy he was compared to and supposed to be like for us, Winnny Wilfork.
Raji has just been "a guy" for us, nothing more.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Thread headers like this one always lead to... (well you know).

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always enjoy reading posts that try to assert intellectual superiority based solely on the way a post to an Internet forum is written. I mean, who cares that the post could have been written quickly on a cell phone or under some other circumstance that doesn't allow for perfection. When posters spell things incorrectly and use poor grammer, we can ignore the point they're trying to make and feel really good about insulting someone! Hooray!

Now, to address the real point of this topic. Yeah, the idea should be to pay the guys that deserve it. I do think Jones will probably leave since he'd make a very good #2 WR somewhere like Cleveland or Detroit and with Boykin's maturation I don't think the Packers need him as much. Shields should be resigned and kept on the team, he's young and improving. Pickett also needs to be kept around, not for his long term outlook but just because we don't have anyone to replace him and he should come cheap. Bottom line, we do need to pay the guys that work hard and perform, unfortunately most of our free agents this year don't fall in that category.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Rodell,
I asked what university you accepted your offer from and you told me you accepted one because they let you play baseball. I forgot which one. Did they have an English department? I suppose as all universities do but you never got past the first semester did you? Because that's one of the requirements of any degree. Even an associates degree requires you to write and spell.
Anyway.... I'll never put you on ignore because you surprise me every day with the things you say. You might actually believe some of the things you write but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if this isn't some huge joke you're playing on the forum. If that's true - you're a pro and I salute you. You write as though you really haven't a clue in the world.
Your post title is "Here's how" and then you never say how except to say "pay them". Let me ask a personal question: When you want a new XBox or Playstation, how do you go about it? Do you leave a note on the refrigerator that says: "Need an XBox" or do you go through your finances and see if it's not going to conflict with the utilities bill or whatever? Or do you have so large a bank account that finances don't matter, you're rich and you can buy anything you want?
See.... in the real world people have to account for their money and plan for it's distribution. You might not want to believe me but this actually happens in the corporate world too. But I like your plan.
I think they should just keep spending money until they have the right fit. Once they win the SB with all that talent then they just keep the guys that worked and made plays.
How is it that other teams haven't figured this out yet?

You do realize that i post from my cell phone 95% of the time but i'll make sure that next time i use the perfect grammar and make sure i'm very punctilious ok? if people spent more time talking football instead of nitpicking and looking to insult others this forum would be top notch. BTW i'm blessed to already have all the major gaming systems and still be able to pay my bills as finances are not something i stress about. Thanks to that college degree .... Guess you at least got that part right about my life eh? Just because i say pay the guy's who deserve to be paid doesn't man i said go crazy smh...goodness take time to read what i posted.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ isnt a #1 WR and I dont think we would be that hard up if he left to be honest. Boykins, Cobb, Nelson are 3 good WRs pair that with a draft pick at WR or preferably TE, and you have a solid offense. If Jones is interested in taking reasonable money then im all for him staying, but if you think he is a #1 WR then we have to pay him like a #1 WR and thats not happening.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ isnt a #1 WR and I dont think we would be that hard up if he left to be honest. Boykins, Cobb, Nelson are 3 good WRs pair that with a draft pick at WR or preferably TE, and you have a solid offense. If Jones is interested in taking reasonable money then im all for him staying, but if you think he is a #1 WR then we have to pay him like a #1 WR and thats not happening.

Yea he has potential to be a #1 but like you said he will want #1 money and i can't blame him...

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always enjoy reading posts that try to assert intellectual superiority based solely on the way a post to an Internet forum is written. I mean, who cares that the post could have been written quickly on a cell phone or under some other circumstance that doesn't allow for perfection. When posters spell things incorrectly and use poor grammer, we can ignore the point they're trying to make and feel really good about insulting someone! Hooray!

Now, to address the real point of this topic. Yeah, the idea should be to pay the guys that deserve it. I do think Jones will probably leave since he'd make a very good #2 WR somewhere like Cleveland or Detroit and with Boykin's maturation I don't think the Packers need him as much. Shields should be resigned and kept on the team, he's young and improving. Pickett also needs to be kept around, not for his long term outlook but just because we don't have anyone to replace him and he should come cheap. Bottom line, we do need to pay the guys that work hard and perform, unfortunately most of our free agents this year don't fall in that category.

Exactly...this is a football forum not a job application or a book i've decided to write. I guess i'll start posting like a Harvard graduate and use all the big fancy words i know from now on...and use all my punctuations to enhance my writing in here :rolleyes:

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes you think hes a #1

The market! i look at teams like New England, Jacksonville, Indy, and the Jets and compare what their #1 wr's did compare to what our #2 maybe even #3 wr did or does for us. JJ has all the tools to go somewhere like New England or Indy with the pretty good qb situations they have and put up some solid numbers. 14 td's isn't to shabby either...especially with guy's like Nelson, Cobb and Finley having been on the roster.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The market! i look at teams like New England, Jacksonville, Indy, and the Jets and compare what their #1 wr's did compare to what our #2 maybe even #3 wr did or does for us. JJ has all the tools to go somewhere like New England or Indy with the pretty good qb situations they have and put up some solid numbers. 14 td's isn't to shabby either...especially with guy's like Nelson, Cobb and Finley having been on the roster.

Jacksonville has a #1 and a #2. Blackmon and Shorts.
Indy has a #1 and a #2 Wayne and Hilton

Jets are a mess and the Pats arent heavy at WR. But just because a couple teams are weak at the position doesnt make him a true #1 WR.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones is just as good as Reggie Wayne is right now.
If both hit free agency now, Jones would get a bigger contract.

Luv Jones, he's very underrated.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You do realize that i post from my cell phone 95% of the time but i'll make sure that next time i use the perfect grammar and make sure i'm very punctilious ok? if people spent more time talking football instead of nitpicking and looking to insult others this forum would be top notch. BTW i'm blessed to already have all the major gaming systems and still be able to pay my bills as finances are not something i stress about. Thanks to that college degree .... Guess you at least got that part right about my life eh? Just because i say pay the guy's who deserve to be paid doesn't man i said go crazy smh...goodness take time to read what i posted.
So as it stands this forum isn't top notch? I'm confused.... what's lacking? People who use proper grammar or spelling or punctuation? Good to see you don't stress about finances. Silver spooner? Daddy taking care of you?
I believe you and Sunshine might be one and the same as he/she or maybe a shehe contend it's okay to use improper grammar and spelling. It's your phone's fault!
Not to be a smart alex but posting from cell phones I can accept obvious spelling mistakes but most errors you make has to do with grammar and punctuation. You have no clue do you? (pay the guy's).
It's okay if you think well of yourself but know that others see how ridiculous you are Rodell. Writing and speaking well have nothing to do with technology. You haven't been on the upside of positive in any post and you can't correctly convey your message in proper English.
It doesn't make me right any more than it makes you wrong but you sure as hell look pretty vacant on many posts. You post a lot here Rodell and I appreciate that. I just worry that it's hard to breathe for you with your head so far up your ***.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So as it stands this forum isn't top notch? I'm confused.... what's lacking? People who use proper grammar or spelling or punctuation? Good to see you don't stress about finances. Silver spooner? Daddy taking care of you?
I believe you and Sunshine might be one and the same as he/she or maybe a shehe contend it's okay to use improper grammar and spelling. It's your phone's fault!
Not to be a smart alex but posting from cell phones I can accept obvious spelling mistakes but most errors you make has to do with grammar and punctuation. You have no clue do you? (pay the guy's).
It's okay if you think well of yourself but know that others see how ridiculous you are Rodell. Writing and speaking well have nothing to do with technology. You haven't been on the upside of positive in any post and you can't correctly convey your message in proper English.
It doesn't make me right any more than it makes you wrong but you sure as hell look pretty vacant on many posts. You post a lot here Rodell and I appreciate that. I just worry that it's hard to breathe for you with your head so far up your ***.

1st of all sir i've been out of my parents home since i was 17 yr's old..thank you. I take care of myself and my family, i have a good job with the ability to make extra money on the side playing music. Insult all you like i really could care less...i'll tell you like i tell all the other gaffs..either ignore me, or don't read my post if it bothers you so much. Problem solved.

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones is a good player. He has stepped up his game a ton since his last tour of free agency. However he is not a number one and I expect him to get the same interest he got last time, not much. If I am wrong that won't be a problem because Boykin steps in as his replacement.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacksonville has a #1 and a #2. Blackmon and Shorts.
Indy has a #1 and a #2 Wayne and Hilton

Jets are a mess and the Pats arent heavy at WR. But just because a couple teams are weak at the position doesnt make him a true #1 WR.

I'd take Jones over every wr you just listed...especially an older injured Reggie Wayne...and by saying other teams are weak at the position kinda makes my argument for me that he could go in and be a #1. How could we possibly know he's not?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take Jones over every wr you just listed...especially an older injured Reggie Wayne...and by saying other teams are weak at the position kinda makes my argument for me that he could go in and be a #1. How could we possibly know he's not?

Because he's not a #1 WR. There is probably only 15 #1 WRs in the league. He just isn't a top level guy. He's a notch below where Greg Jennings was at the same age.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones is a good player. He has stepped up his game a ton since his last tour of free agency. However he is not a number one and I expect him to get the same interest he got last time, not much. If I am wrong that won't be a problem because Boykin steps in as his replacement.

How do you know he's not capable of being a #1?? Because he doesn't put up Calvin Johnson type #'s?? or is it the fact that he's played with Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randel cobb and Jermicheal Finley?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because he's not a #1 WR. There is probably only 15 #1 WRs in the league. He just isn't a top level guy. He's a notch below where Greg Jennings was at the same age.

Ok so let me ask you this then....would he be the best wr on New England, New York (jets) or even San Diego's roster? i'll give you a minute to look over their rosters and the wr's they have. Be honest to.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So as it stands, this forum isn't top notch? I'm confused, what's lacking? People who use proper grammar, or spelling, or punctuation? Good to see you don't stress about finances. Silver spooner? Daddy taking care of you?
I believe you and Sunshine might be one and the same as he/she (this last clause is dreadful and unnecessary), or maybe a shehe (what?) contend, it's okay to use improper grammar and spelling. (holy run-ons Batman!) It's your phone's fault!
Not to be a smart alex (who's alex?), but posting from cell phones I can accept obvious spelling mistakes but most errors you make has to do with grammar and punctuation. (another run-on and just really poorly worded) You have no clue, do you? (pay the guy's).
It's okay if you think well of yourself, but know that others see how ridiculous you are Rodell. Writing and speaking well have nothing to do with technology. You haven't been on the upside of positive in any post and you can't correctly convey your message in proper English.
It doesn't make me right any more than it makes you wrong, but you sure as hell look pretty vacant on many posts. You post a lot here Rodell and I appreciate that. I just worry that it's hard to breathe for you with your head so far up your ***.

The irony in you being a grammar **** when writing this post is too much.

Now, I'm not intending to be a grammar **** because Lord knows I have many poorly written posts when I'm trying to rush one out while working. The point of this exercise - get a life. Especially when your grammar is just as poor as the rest of us.

Members online