Here is another example of what TT needs to learn or go!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Old Teddy boy should now better than this.. we are going into a game with 3 recievers and 4 TE...

Did he not see Robinsons suspension comming like the rest of the NFL nation? Did he not get updated that Fergie will be out for 6 to 8 weeks? Did he not figure to get another WR into camp on a bye week to try to get another option available for the Offense to work with?

We are quickly becomming the laughing stock of the NFL again.. at least the Cards and the Lions are still there below us..

:soapbox:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
y2k crazy. i think it's better to be a bit thin, and squeezing one of our many TE's into the slot than wasting money on a WR that won't do anything for us anyway.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's only Wednesday, and I would be very surprised if Thompson did not get another receiver onto the game-day roster within the next couple days. There are two wide receivers, Chris Francies and Calvin Russel, on the practice squad right now.

I did not like Thompson's decision to begin the season with only four wide receivers, especially when that same strategy backfired so badly at the beginning of last season. And I didn't like the Koren Robinson signing, either. But I'm not going to dump on Thompson for this unless we actually get to Sunday with only three wide receivers suited up.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear you, Pack93Z, but how do you know he's not trying to bring someone else in? If you're referring to the trading deadline slipping by unnoticed, well, it takes two to trade, and we're not deep enough in any area to give away a player (that some other team would actually want).

If anything, TT is looking for a bargain stop gap (and that's really all anybody would be at this point). Corey Bradford maybe, or even Charles Rodgers. The bottom line is that TT isn't going to spend a lot of money on a player that isn't going to get us into the playoffs anyway. Better, in the long run, to keep playing the younger guys and hope we find a diamond in the rough.

And, realistically, we could bring in T.O. and Dwight Freeney and still have a hard time winning 7 or 8 games this year...

skylerjheav

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He knew just like everyone else that Robinson would be suspended. The timing of the suspension was the only unknown. Of course there was risk in this signing but that risk was known from the very beginning. You can't be angry now that that risk has been realised.

The injury to Fergs is part of the game and is in no way a reflection on the GM.

We'll be fine. Sorta

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
So what I am hearing is three days we are going to get a guy up and ready to play in the offensive sets for Sunday? Chris Francies and Calvin Russel? These guys are going to help us how?

A TE in the slot, that is going to strike fear of whom? Brett himself probably.

My point is Teddy plan this year has been flawed from day one with 4 WR and to bank on Robinson was silly as hell. To me, it looks as if he has mailed in the season again...

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this is way off, but this weekend might be a great time to see if Blackmon can function as a WR...

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Has anyone been brought in for a workout at WR? No... No chatter about the Packers looking around in trade whatsoever.

And the 89's injury was known the beginning of last week.

I have been fair to TT and not bashed once, but the repeated stupid mistakes have gone on way to long... All I am asking for is better planning and risk management...

Look at the CB situation as another example, we are down to what to work with?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone been brought in for a workout at WR? No... No chatter about the Packers looking around in trade whatsoever.

Do you have phones tapped in the Gm and coaches offices around the league?

Ya know what, I'll not be part of this discussion any further. I don't want another vacation.

take it easy. go packers.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
tromadz-

Not trying to cause a stir just voicing my opinion, and looking for other opinions and prespectives... maybe I am looking at this wrong.

But to me TT looks way out of his league...

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I dont know if you are or not but if your talking about TT trying to trade for a wr today or in the upcoming days that is no longer possible seening as the tradedeadline was yesterday at 4 pm

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Before the deadline... just thought he might take a flyer on someone like Porter of the Raiders... package a couple of mid round picks on a younger talent like that....

Not asking to be unrealistic, bring Rogers in for a workout or try to pull Mike Williams away from the Lions.... even Calico the former Titan whom I think is available...

We need more than what we have to win a few games... I think we all know we are out of the playoffs but start bringing in at least what looks like players to make us more competive this year... not 4 TE's...

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember that David Martin was a WR in college. He could be effective from the slot. Not as as fast as a WR but bigger. Putting a small corner on him could prove to our advantage.

his gamble on Robinson was calculated and also was thought through with the "what if" game. I am sure that his getting suspended did not catch TT with his pants down.

When we were in our prime we had both Jackson and Chmura playing in a two TE set many times. Matter of fact it was a staple in the offense. Why can't it be that way now? That is the beauty of the WCO. No one player or position is irreplacable.

Give TT some credit for his experience. He knows more about running the personel of a team than all of us combined. It is at times, hard to comprehend what you don't know.

Trom.....great to have you back. Stick around awhile will ya? :thumbsup:

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think i would want Jerry Porter on my team but i did happen to think of another wr who is out there Peter Warrick.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

Do you have phones tapped in the Gm and coaches offices around the league?

Ya know what, I'll not be part of this discussion any further. I don't want another vacation.

take it easy. go packers.

Exactly...Noone knows what is happening behind closed doors...I know when Lavar A was available people were in a uproar that TT was sitting on his hands doing nothing..

But then to find out that Lavar was on the phone with the Packers a week b4 he was in Green Bay..Then everyone was like DUHHHHHH, why didnt we hear about it...

The team KNEW K.R could be gone and they planned on it happening..

How many WR did they have going into camp?? How many were on the opening day roster? From what I understand is that initialy it was one of the better depth postions, or am I wrong?

If people are so sure he did the wrong thing then they need to start applying to become a NFL GM..

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, well, looks like we just resigned Brewster whom we had during preseason and we also brought up francis from the practice squad. That gives us 5 WRs.

Everyone happy now?

Gosh...could it be that the GM knows what he is doing? :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :hammer: :towel: :wall:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z......of course you're right and every knowledgeable fan knows you're right. I check in from time to time but stopped posting for the most part because if you badmouth TT you run the risk of being banned or suspended by just about every mod here. It is assinine that anybody defends TT for this situation. It was an embarassment to sign Robinson in the first place. The friggin' vikings cut him because of his stupid actions. The same vikings that we constantly criticize for troublesome players. For what... 7 receptions and 87 yards in 4 games?

This team RIGHT NOW is being run like somebody wants to go 2-14. Maybe then that albatross around TT's neck, Brett Favre, will retire.

Too bad for him Brett will have something to say about it.

I hope you have an opportunity to read this before some overzealous mod deletes it.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what I am hearing is three days we are going to get a guy up and ready to play in the offensive sets for Sunday? Chris Francies and Calvin Russel? These guys are going to help us how?

A TE in the slot, that is going to strike fear of whom? Brett himself probably.

My point is Teddy plan this year has been flawed from day one with 4 WR and to bank on Robinson was silly as hell. To me, it looks as if he has mailed in the season again...

TT wasn't banking on Robinson IMO, but the Fergie injury raised the need for Koren. I think he signed Koren for the future, not for this season. That's not a foolish thing because Robinson cost us very little and when he returns we'll have a very good WR at a very cheap price.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this is way off, but this weekend might be a great time to see if Blackmon can function as a WR...

That has got to be the worst suggestion yet. Blackmon's coming off of injury and has a lot of learning to do at CB. I don't believe a rookie WR would be able to pick up this offense with no time to prepare.

The better suggestion, if we had more CB depth, would be to use Woodson as a WR occasionally.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have already said that they are putting Ruvell Martin in at the #3.

I believe that they have planned for this all along in the event things turned out the way they have.

They guy is 6'4" and has been with the Pack since before half way thru last year. He is not a rookie that doesn't know the system. He made the All-Europe first team in '05.

He looked good to me in pre-season and I thought he had a decent shot to make the final 53. I felt he had a chance to move ahead of Fergy but Ferguson is a great player on ST's and he contributed greatly there. That, his salary, and having played with Brett in the past were surely part of it.

It makes sense to me that with the four WR's on the final 53 he was going to contribute less than the TE's they kept on the roster. IMO it boiled down to which guys were going to see the most action and contribute when the decision had to be made.

As stated earlier I believe this was the contigency plan all along in the event it came down to it and I think they are comfortable with what he can do.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I agree that Robinson was brought in for post 2006, and was the best available talent at the time. But you signed him to a 2 year deal, he is suspended for "AT LEAST A YEAR", in which you are banking that he doesnt violate the rules by drinking again. The good news is that he will be in jail for at least 90 days in Washington and maybe some in MN. I hope for his sake that he stays clean, but it is a high risk.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the deadline... just thought he might take a flyer on someone like Porter of the Raiders... package a couple of mid round picks on a younger talent like that....

Not asking to be unrealistic, bring Rogers in for a workout or try to pull Mike Williams away from the Lions.... even Calico the former Titan whom I think is available...

We need more than what we have to win a few games... I think we all know we are out of the playoffs but start bringing in at least what looks like players to make us more competive this year... not 4 TE's...

Why would we even want someone else's problem child anyway? Even if the deadline had not passed, we would not give up draft picks for him. Two mid round picks (based on this year's draft) would be the likes of Hodge (3), Spitz (3), Rodgers (4), Blackmon (4), Martin (5), or Moll (5). That would be 2 integral parts of our O-line, a future starting LB, backup QB, and the "2nd Savior". Rodgers is the only one that we found to be expendable and you never know if they decide to go after him again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts