Here is another example of what TT needs to learn or go!

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
A list of FA WR according to KFFL, we wouldnt want one of these guys over say Chris Francis?

WR Corey Bradford UFA (Cut) Detroit Lions
WR Jabar Gaffney UFA Houston Texans
WR Kevin Johnson UFA Detroit Lions
WR Darnerian McCants UFA (Cut) Philadelphia Eagles
WR Quincy Morgan UFA (Cut) Pittsburgh Steelers
WR Johnnie Morton UFA (Cut) San Francisco 49ers
WR Todd Pinkston UFA (Cut) Philadelphia Eagles
WR Ricky Proehl UFA Carolina Panthers
WR Charles Rogers UFA (Cut) Detroit Lions
WR David Terrell UFA (Cut) Denver Broncos
WR Derrius Thompson UFA (Cut) New Orleans Saints
WR Peter Warrick UFA (Cut) Seattle Seahawks

Start hammering away now, but my point is that we have better options to field a competitive team today than what we are doing.
Use to the practice squad for which it is meant, player development along with NFLE. Not on Sundays when we are suppose to be trying to win games!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Robinson was brought in for post 2006, and was the best available talent at the time. But you signed him to a 2 year deal, he is suspended for "AT LEAST A YEAR", in which you are banking that he doesnt violate the rules by drinking again. The good news is that he will be in jail for at least 90 days in Washington and maybe some in MN. I hope for his sake that he stays clean, but it is a high risk.

I'm never going to be the one to argue that TT is perfect. In fact I have been one of those who have bashed many decisions he's made.

As for the Robinson one though, I agree with him. There's specific language in his contract about him being suspended. For that, we get an extra year out of him (next year and the following) on this contract. Even if he does screw up again and we cut him, there is no hit to our salary cap.

This is a win win situation where we could end up with a probowl WR at a cheap price. The only risk being that we might have to cut him in the future, for things he hasn't done yet, which wouldn't cost us anything.

TT has made a ton of mistakes that we can blast him on, but signing Robinson isn't one of them.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams are pulling guys up from the practice squad all the time. As ranks thin out due to injury this is where you go.

The practice squad is by no means used for developmental purposes only. If a team has done it's homework with the players they place on the practice squad they aren't forced to go to the open market.

Just because we move a guy up from the practice squad vs. getting one of the guys on that list doesn't mean we don't have the right guy. I mean, after all, those guys all were CUT by their former teams and if they were that great they would be playing somewhere else by now.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z......of course you're right and every knowledgeable fan knows you're right. I check in from time to time but stopped posting for the most part because if you badmouth TT you run the risk of being banned or suspended by just about every mod here. It is assinine that anybody defends TT for this situation. It was an embarassment to sign Robinson in the first place. The friggin' vikings cut him because of his stupid actions. The same vikings that we constantly criticize for troublesome players. For what... 7 receptions and 87 yards in 4 games?

This team RIGHT NOW is being run like somebody wants to go 2-14. Maybe then that albatross around TT's neck, Brett Favre, will retire.

Too bad for him Brett will have something to say about it.

I hope you have an opportunity to read this before some overzealous mod deletes it.

DePack ~ under no circumstances would I ever delete any of your posts simply because of the opinion it states. Leaving it up lets more people appreciate the real you. :thumbsup:

It is no more assinine to defend TT than to crucify him. I do however, find it interesting that the only knowledgable football fans (IYO) are ones that agree with you and to disagree is assinine! Bob Wolf, Mike holmgren, and Bob Harlan so far have given a thumbs up to TT. So, by your logic, are you saying they are not knowledgable football fans? In fact, are you saying they are assinine?

TT has been in the business for a long time. Most likely a lot longer than you have been a fan. For you to even pretend you know more than him is IMO assinine in itself.

You don't get how this forum works....that is why you struggle with it. Deal with the opinions and debates...leave out the judgements of the people who gave them.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think we have to give ole Ted sometime before we judge him. Let's see how the season finishs out before we casterate the man. He was trusted to take the reins by Bob Harlan who when he came in (could be wrong) 1989 it took the team in the right direction after stumbling a couple years.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have to give ole Ted sometime before we judge him. Let's see how the season finishs out before we casterate the man. He was trusted to take the reins by Bob Harlan who when he came in (could be wrong) 1989 it took the team in the right direction after stumbling a couple years.

Good post.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not bringing in a problem player simply because he didn't make it on another team is not necessarily a good thing. Please give this some thought

The Vikings got rid of Robinson becasue they are trying hard to change the culture of that team from a undisciplined team to a more disciplined team. You already have bad apples on the team. How do you drive the point home that you will abide or else? Can the team handle more problems? no. More problems bring the rest of the team down. So you find yourself someone to make an example of. Enter Koren Robinson. And keep in mind he has an illness, not an attitude.

Now with the Packers, you have a locker room of good people. Very few bad apples. Bring in Koren and you have a better chance of him being lifted up by the standards of the locker room than him bringing the locker room down. Remember, he is not a locker room cancer. He is simply addicted. That does not make him a bad person. The Packer locker room gives him a better chance to succeed. That makes it worth the gamble, IMO.

now as far as the contract, It is my impression from TV that we don't take a cap hit except for what we already paid him. We get him back at the same price when he comes back (which is little for a pro bowl returner/WR)

The upside is that he is loyal to us for giving him a chance. Also, I am sure that TT has extensive knowledge of KR's personality and didn't feel it would be a detriment to the locker room.

As far as the Practice squad guys, He knows what Francis brings to the table because he has watched him all season, playing against our first string D. If he felt there was soemone in FA that would help him achieve his goals, I think he would have brought him in.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
So far what has he brought us?

I applaud his draft this year, no doubt so far it looks good, we have several starters out of it, but some of that has to be attributed to that fact we have no one else to start in there place.

We finished 4-12 last year and this year doesnt look to be any better?

I am not saying lets rid ourselves of him right now, but please help me see is grand plan for bringing this team back?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

That depends on 'us' and your specific definition.

If you are asking per me.

He's given me hope for the future of the Packers. A lot more than I had with the previous regime. He drafts intelligently (or, atleast I understand his picks where I didnt understand Shermans, ie, AHmad C, BJ sander etc).

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I applaud his draft this year, no doubt so far it looks good, we have several starters out of it, but some of that has to be attributed to that fact we have no one else to start in there place.

We finished 4-12 last year and this year doesnt look to be any better?

I am not saying lets rid ourselves of him right now, but please help me see is grand plan for bringing this team back?

I think he must have one and has communicated to Bob Harlan and John Jones what it is. And since he is still here I have to think that They are reasonably comfortable that he is on track.

Have you aver heard of any GM sharing with the public his plan, in detail?
I think this is a lot like poker. You need to keep your cards close to your chest.

I don't know TT enough to trust him or not. However, I do have trust and faith in Bob Harlan. That is who I am trusting. I am trusting that as soon as Bob sees TT not achieving his goals that he will move him out at the most opportune time.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Well I see I have it wrong, this organization must accept that we arent playing to win or be in a position to win each and every game.... We are to accept that we need to build for the future and fore go winning today.

I am starting to think we are the Brewers and not the Packers.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are rebuilding, we have the youngest team in the nfl we try and win every game we can durning this time and try to get better. We cant just go out an sign every free agent that comes about. The Redskins have tried to buy their team through free agency and it has got them no where but a 2-4 start.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
This illustrates my point exactly, we have all bought into the fact the only way to rebuild is bringing in rookies or young players and has left us will no balance of experience to help us through this time.

Young players make mistakes and lack the experience to win games, TT plan is going cheap and bringing in young talent, which is good if you have a core group of experienced players, which we do not.

Sherman owns some of that responsibility but dont overlook that TT has alot to do with that as well. Ron Wolf had a very bear cupboard when he came, but did he take the young player approach to rebuilding? No. Yes free agency has morped over the years, but it was still there then.

All I am trying to say and really not trying to bash along the way is that IMO, I see lots of tough days ahead if things dont change soon. Hopefully I am wrong:)

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But to me TT looks way out of his league...

...and another Packer fan sees the light. :thumbsup:

Give TT some credit for his experience. He knows more about running the personel of a team than all of us combined. It is at times, hard to comprehend what you don't know.

I will grant you that TT should know more than you or I about how to run a football team, however he has not seemed to learn much from his experience of doing so. We are now desperately short at both CB and WR.

No one knows if Blackmon is going to be any better than Carroll at the CB position, yet TT cut Carroll mid-season without any plan for his replacement. Granted I screamed for Carroll's head at more than one occasion, however I wanted to see him gone while we still had time to replace him. If Blackmon fails to pan out, or Woodson or Harris are hurt, we could quickly find ourselves unable to stop even Michael Vick's passing attack.

The Robinson signing was a joke. It was obvious to anyone who spent all of 3 seconds searching the internet that he would be gone by mid-October. I posted as much when he was signed, and was called something akin to a Negative Nancy for it (BTW: to those who laughed at the time - I told you so). If TT didn't know this suspension was coming, he shouldn't be running a football team in the first place. If Driver or Jennings takes a hit, we could very well be looking at the worst losing record in Packers history.

I will start giving TT credit, when I actually see him start making ANY kind of moves that warrant it. To date, I have seen little more than a litany of mistakes, including ****-poor management, nepotism and a complete lack of foresight. IMO, these are not desirable qualities to be found in a GM of a professional sports franchise.

[EDIT] I will give TT credit for his draft picks. While Hawk was a no-brainer, Jennings was a strong pick that is really panning out. No one is wrong ALL the time. ;) However, I still think TT has made more poor decisions than good ones.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many WR did they have going into camp?? How many were on the opening day roster? From what I understand is that initialy it was one of the better depth postions, or am I wrong?

It was one of our better depth positions until both Boe and Gardner were cut from the roster.

If people are so sure he did the wrong thing then they need to start applying to become a NFL GM..

By that same logic, you shouldn't criticize a politician until you are prepared to run for his office.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
TT wasn't banking on Robinson IMO, but the Fergie injury raised the need for Koren. I think he signed Koren for the future, not for this season. That's not a foolish thing because Robinson cost us very little and when he returns we'll have a very good WR at a very cheap price.

You mean like Onterrio Smith (aka "The Wizzinator")?

There is no guarantee the NFL WILL reinstate Robinson. He may have already played his last NFL game.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
[

Why would we even want someone else's problem child anyway?.

You mean like Koren Robinson????

By all accounts, K-Rob was not an on-field problem. His problems were due to his addiction to alcohol. Porter, on the other hand, was suspended by the Raiders after refusing to leave the practice field when Shell told him to. He has not gotten along with his coaches all year and I would suspect his defiance would carry on to any future coaches -- like T.O.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Young players make mistakes and lack the experience to win games, TT plan is going cheap and bringing in young talent, which is good if you have a core group of experienced players, which we do not.

So you are saying that Favre, Henderson, Bubba, DD----our off and def---tackles, barnett, and harris are not a good group of players??

If I count right 5 starters on offense and 4 starters on defense ..How many more do you want???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
How many WR did they have going into camp?? How many were on the opening day roster? From what I understand is that initialy it was one of the better depth postions, or am I wrong?

It was one of our better depth positions until both Boe and Gardner were cut from the roster.

If people are so sure he did the wrong thing then they need to start applying to become a NFL GM..

By that same logic, you shouldn't criticize a politician until you are prepared to run for his office.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley
Very true ANY ONE can run for office...Trouble between the 2 is that to be a gm for a NFL TEAM you are going to need some true experince in that field and be GRANTED an interview with the team...

Run for office just put your name in at the local court house and maybe pay a fee and your on the ballott..

You can complain/bash anyone you want, but until you are in the same shoes as the person you are bashing what makes you think that you can do it better??

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:

So you are saying that Favre, Henderson, Bubba, DD----our off and def---tackles, barnett, and harris are not a good group of players??

If I count right 5 starters on offense and 4 starters on defense ..How many more do you want???

9 out of 22, hmmm do I have to say more?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Pack93z said:

9 out of 22, hmmm do I have to say more?

40% of the players are VERY experinced, and that is not enough..

You want the WHOLE team to have 3 or 4 plus years experince, well that is what is going to happen in 2 years or so :p

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A list of FA WR according to KFFL, we wouldnt want one of these guys over say Chris Francis?

WR Corey Bradford UFA (Cut) Detroit Lions
WR Jabar Gaffney UFA Houston Texans
WR Kevin Johnson UFA Detroit Lions
WR Darnerian McCants UFA (Cut) Philadelphia Eagles
WR Quincy Morgan UFA (Cut) Pittsburgh Steelers
WR Johnnie Morton UFA (Cut) San Francisco 49ers
WR Todd Pinkston UFA (Cut) Philadelphia Eagles
WR Ricky Proehl UFA Carolina Panthers
WR Charles Rogers UFA (Cut) Detroit Lions
WR David Terrell UFA (Cut) Denver Broncos
WR Derrius Thompson UFA (Cut) New Orleans Saints
WR Peter Warrick UFA (Cut) Seattle Seahawks

Start hammering away now, but my point is that we have better options to field a competitive team today than what we are doing.
Use to the practice squad for which it is meant, player development along with NFLE. Not on Sundays when we are suppose to be trying to win games!

ask your self this

7 players on that list were cut by teams that more then likley going to make the playoffs, so why are they cutting them??

Not to mention the 49's and the Lions are dumping players, so why would we want their left overs?

And next question to you is..

If those playoff teams did not feel those players were worthy enough to be on their team, why should the Packers pick them up??

Please dont think I am being sarcastic with this I truly would like to understand the train of thought you have..

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[Very true ANY ONE can run for office...Trouble between the 2 is that to be a gm for a NFL TEAM you are going to need some true experince in that field and be GRANTED an interview with the team...

Run for office just put your name in at the local court house and maybe pay a fee and your on the ballott..

You can complain/bash anyone you want, but until you are in the same shoes as the person you are bashing what makes you think that you can do it better??

When did I say I could run the team any better that TT? Regardless of how I could, or could not run it, that does not in any way, shape or form mean I should accept mediocrity without question.

I really hope I do not have to explain how obtuse you sound in the above post. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Members online

Latest posts