Here is a question

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so you people blame Crosby for us losing last night?

What about our D in the 2nd Quarter all they had to do was stop the Steelers from scoring with not much time left on the clock?

Im just saying Crosby isnt the only reason we lost our whole team just wasnt good enough

Well Rodgers was ace!

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to think maybe James Jones should have done a Jones-Drew. Instead of running in for the touchdown, he should have kneed down at the 1 yard line so we could take time off the clock.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to think maybe James Jones should have done a Jones-Drew. Instead of running in for the touchdown, he should have kneed down at the 1 yard line so we could take time off the clock.

I was thinking same thing, how much time was on the clock when he scored?

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you can blame both, but as for the 2nd quarter touch down I believe that was a play call issue. Capers kept blitzing over and over again even when the steelers were on max protection and the blitz was getting picked up and it was giving up 15 to 20 yard plays. I can see bringing 1 or maybe 2 guys but not all 3 LB's and 1 CB.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think around 2:12 or something like that.

So with the 2 min warning and I think the Steelers had one or two time outs left. Steelers would have gotten the ball back with a minute to play. Worst case we kick a field goal. So the Steelers need a field goal to win in about a minute.

After further review, that would be a gusty play by Jones, not to mention no Christmas parties invites from the defensive players.

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO be honest I like what Jones did by scoring Our "D" has been doing so good the past 5 games that I thought they would have been able to stop them. There was a 4th an 7 that Ben was able to convert but I thought the game was over on that play. But again the blitz failed and Ben hit Holmes for a big gain.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
TO be honest I like what Jones did by scoring Our "D" has been doing so good the past 5 games that I thought they would have been able to stop them. There was a 4th an 7 that Ben was able to convert but I thought the game was over on that play. But again the blitz failed and Ben hit Holmes for a big gain.

I felt at some point the D was going to produce a stop and it would be a win..but that never came

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look at the last play, and honestly, the coverage was there... you just can't defend the perfect pass... and thats what that was... Ben stepped up in the clutch, and so did mike wallace. Look at the play, the coverage was there...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I look at the last play, and honestly, the coverage was there... you just can't defend the perfect pass... and thats what that was... Ben stepped up in the clutch, and so did mike wallace. Look at the play, the coverage was there...
Holding helps.

But yes, hell of a throw by Roethlisberger, hell of a catch by Wallace.

Cartunist23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There had to have been a better defensive play call there. There shouldn't be any part of the endzone a DB can't get to if you've got 8 guys zoned across it

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I felt at some point the D was going to produce a stop and it would be a win..but that never came
The real problem is it did come, and followed by a penalty to give them yet ANOTHER first down to keep the drive alive. More than once stupid penalties by our Defense on that last drive kept the Steelers offense on the field to give them that last shot that won the game for them. Should have been over more than once at the end but yet again it comes down to penalties that are our Achilles Heel

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real problem is it did come, and followed by a penalty to give them yet ANOTHER first down to keep the drive alive. More than once stupid penalties by our Defense on that last drive kept the Steelers offense on the field to give them that last shot that won the game for them. Should have been over more than once at the end but yet again it comes down to penalties that are our Achilles Heel

Yup I totally have to agree. That would have been a crucial stop on 3rd down if Chillar didn't have to harass ward. I hope he's enjoying his contract cuz if he certainly would not have gotten one if he did something earlier on the season like this.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the part that puzzles me:

Why didn't McCarthy go for 2 after the touchdown? I can't think of any reason not to try it. If it fails, he's up by 5, which is the same as being up by 6. If he converts, you're looking at OT instead of a loss.

If you want to point to 1 decision that cost you guys that game, that'd be it IMO.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Here's the part that puzzles me:

Why didn't McCarthy go for 2 after the touchdown? I can't think of any reason not to try it. If it fails, he's up by 5, which is the same as being up by 6. If he converts, you're looking at OT instead of a loss.

If you want to point to 1 decision that cost you guys that game, that'd be it IMO.

He did go for 2. The TD put us up 34-30, then we went for 2 to make sure the Steelers would have to make an extra point if they scored.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did go for 2. The TD put us up 34-30, then we went for 2 to make sure the Steelers would have to make an extra point if they scored.

Oh. :unsure: haha
Don't mind me. Occasionally I open my mouth and something dumb falls out...

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what killed me the most on the game winning drive was, i think right before the touchdown pass i think it was Jenkins, JUST MISSED getting a hand on Ben for a sack. oh mannnnn. woulda been the game but he just missed him. that killed me. right after that i was thinking "this has last second touchdown written all over it."

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what killed me the most on the game winning drive was, i think right before the touchdown pass i think it was Jenkins, JUST MISSED getting a hand on Ben for a sack. oh mannnnn. woulda been the game but he just missed him. that killed me. right after that i was thinking "this has last second touchdown written all over it."

Yeah that would've been awesome had Jenkins been able to bring Ben down. Ben did dodge it well, however, I think Jenkins just overcomitted a little bit too much. Had he not been as aggressive in trying to bring him down, he'd have got him, and that would've been the game right there

Staff online

Members online