Heckling - A Fine Sports Tradition

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With 6,000 fans at Lambeau, I started thinking about how great that would be to hear the players and the plays taking place. Then I started thinking about what a prime opportunity it would be for a first-class heckler to go to down on the other team. With 81,000 fans there is no way to get inside the opponent's head unless you are directly behind their bench, and then maybe.

With only 6,000 fans, a Robin Ficker type of heckler has the opportunity to have some real fun!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With 6,000 fans at Lambeau, I started thinking about how great that would be to hear the players and the plays taking place. Then I started thinking about what a prime opportunity it would be for a first-class heckler to go to down on the other team. With 81,000 fans there is no way to get inside the opponent's head unless you are directly behind their bench, and then maybe.

With only 6,000 fans, a Robin Ficker type of heckler has the opportunity to have some real fun!
If right behind the bench opposing teams can certainly hear them.

But I thought similar yesterday...I lose my voice everytime im there.. Im sure i would be heard lol

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back in the 80s, a buddy of mine would get the same cheap seats in the outfield for Brewers games. He wasn't the two-****** slopper. He would research everything there was to know about the opposing left fielder - where he grew up, names of his wife/kids, schools he went to, etc. He would hurl some funny stuff out at those guys, sometimes borderline obnoxious, but had fun doing it. Those players definitely heard him and acknowledged him at times.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like the soccer WC, we should equip all fans with vuvuzela's. Would be super annoying to anyone.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If the Packers organization wants to get super annoying, they should buy one of those air raid sirens that they use at Soldier Field. By far THE most annoying pumped in sound I have heard at a stadium.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Which is worse the Bears Air Raid siren or the Vikings SKOL horn?

Have never been to either stadium when they were used, so that's a question for players. On TV/Radio, I find the air raid siren more annoying.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
How about someone behind the Rams bench with a loud megaphone playing taped fart sounds for 4Qtrs, it might work but the SmellA Rams are probably use to a lot of stink

D

Deleted member 6794

Like the soccer WC, we should equip all fans with vuvuzela's. Would be super annoying to anyone.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Unfortunately the Packers would get annoyed by that terrible thing as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The horn is only annoying when you're there, because it means the Vikings just did something good. The less it blows the better. The air raid siren? LOL I think it's to signal the Bears to take cover after the past 20 years of arial assaults they've had rain down upon them. So, as annoying as it is, It makes me chuckle a bit at the irony.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Don`t you usually hear the Skol horn when they score a touchdown ? Surely once or twice in a season can`t be THAT bad ?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The horn is only annoying when you're there, because it means the Vikings just did something good. The less it blows the better. The air raid siren? LOL I think it's to signal the Bears to take cover after the past 20 years of arial assaults they've had rain down upon them. So, as annoying as it is, It makes me chuckle a bit at the irony.

That's the difference between the 2 and why the air raid siren is annoying. The Vikings use the horn to celebrate a score, I actually think THAT is pretty cool. No different than Fireworks, flashing lights etc. The Bears on the other hand use the air raid siren when the opponent is on offense, their way of trying to cause chaos, distraction and confusion for their opponents. Maybe I am "old fashioned", but I prefer real crowd noise and as loud as they want to be, after all, they bought a ticket. Once upon a time teams got into some hot water for intentionally piping in amplified crowd noise. Prior to 1990, if a crowd got too noisy, the refs could stop the game until they quieted down, if the crowd didn't quiet down, the home team would be charged a time out, if out of timeouts, penalized for delay of game. Now that is too extreme on the opposite end in my opinion.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

whats really bad are all those rubes singing at "lovely" football games across the pond...lol:sneaky:

Our songs are creative and beautiful. Who can forget "stand up, if you hate Man U" and "Who`s the bastard in the black ?"

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sounds like Packers fans singing "The Bears Still Suck"

I'll have to pull out my accordion and start penning out a equally uplifting song to disparage the Vikings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts