Have you seen them?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where in the world are the tightends? Absolutely no production from them in 2 games. It may not be a big deal now but when you play teams that like the cover 2 and get in the red zone a good tight end is wanted. If The Packers had a real threat at tightend they wouldn't need to kick so many field goals which I'm sure drove us all crazy today. I see nothing special about Rogers, Quarless or Bostic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was my thought exactly during the game

What did TT see in Rogers? What does the staff see for him to start? Must be what I call a t-shirt All American. Could do so many things with Finley and the defense actually paid attention to him..even Rodgers looks reluctant to throw to these guys which isn't good .

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why was bostick playing on special teams and not on O. He has some proven talent. Rodgers seems useless so far and quarless is well quarless. Bostick is the only playmaker. This is a big issue.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I too was surprised Bostic played STs but I didn’t see him from scrimmage. He’s the best option for the seam route. I think we have a decent idea of what Quarless offers but I’m not sure how anyone can make a judgment on Richard Rodgers at this point. From what I remember I saw him as the target of one pass – he was wide open and he has great hands – and Aaron’s throw was so bad no one could have caught it. Throw the kid a pass or two or three that he can catch and see what he can do. Then we may find out what Thompson and staff saw in him.

Aaron may be reluctant to throw to the TEs but IMO he was off again today. Those back to back sacks were entirely on him IMO and at least another one was. IOW, I wouldn’t put it all on the TEs.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a year and a half on those sacks to throw the ball away or tuck it and run. Those were terrible and totally on him.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never seen a starting player eased back into games by playing special teams. I could see him eased back in certain packages but never special teams.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why was bostick playing on special teams and not on O. He has some proven talent. Rodgers seems useless so far and quarless is well quarless. Bostick is the only playmaker. This is a big issue.

Bostick is the only playmaker? Based on WHAT, exactly? He has exactly 7 catches in 12 games played as a Pro.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...From what I remember I saw him as the target of one pass – he was wide open and he has great hands – and Aaron’s throw was so bad no one could have caught it. Throw the kid a pass or two or three that he can catch and see what he can do. Then we may find out what Thompson and staff saw in him.

Aaron may be reluctant to throw to the TEs but IMO he was off again today...
I don't know what the play or route called for, but I think Richard Rodgers ran the wrong route and Aaron Rodgers threw where he should have been. IMHO I don't think AR has the confidence in the current TE's to be where they should be, hence he looks at options 1, 2, 4 & 5 first. AR needs consistency out of the TE group, maybe a healthy Bostick will give him that?

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never seen a starting player eased back into games by playing special teams. I could see him eased back in certain packages but never special teams.
The 1st of those sacks was on Rodgers but the 2nd one wasn't. It was 3rd and 18 so throwing it away or dumping it off does absolutely no good, he needed more time for the WRs to get close to the 1st down. Lang got schooled on that 2nd sack.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What did TT see in Rogers? What does the staff see for him to start? Must be what I call a t-shirt All American. Could do so many things with Finley and the defense actually paid attention to him..even Rodgers looks reluctant to throw to these guys which isn't good .

LOL. Yeah, he hasn't done anything in his first two games, might as well cut him. Dumb coaches. Don't they know that there are draft...no...FOOTBALL experts on internet forums that they should consult?

Anyway, if Bostick is healthy I'd expect to see him back to what he was doing in training camp. A threat down the middle would be nice and compliment Lacy nicely.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't have a tightend to go to period. Never been high on Bostic and Quarless is a blocking tightend. Again, bring Finley back.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of retirement huh? Last time I checked Finley hasn't submitted any retirement papers ... Thank you tho .

I think the fact that Finley isn't employed by any NFL team is a pretty good indicator that either

A) He's not in the condition medically to play professional football, or
B) Finley isn't going to accept a deal that would nullify his disability insurance and cost him money.

Either way, it seems we have moved on. If we could have a healthy Finley on our roster right now with a reasonable deal, I'm sure we would.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Player development doesn't happen overnight. Rodgers, Adams, Bostick and Janus are going to test the patience of A. Rodgers, the coaching staff and clearly some of the fan base. Tango, Sierra. Adapt, adjust and innovate. We've got a better running game and two very good wideouts and Boykin is coming along as well. Bostick and Quarless will be worked in eventually as complimentary pieces as circumstances dictate.

D

Deleted member 6794

Player development doesn't happen overnight. Rodgers, Adams, Bostick and Janus are going to test the patience of A. Rodgers, the coaching staff and clearly some of the fan base. Tango, Sierra. Adapt, adjust and innovate. We've got a better running game and two very good wideouts and Boykin is coming along as well. Bostick and Quarless will be worked in eventually as complimentary pieces as circumstances dictate.

It´s possible Bostick will put up numbers similar to Finley over the next few years, Quarless won´t be that guy though.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The core issue is that Aaron Rodgers lacks the talent diversity that he's had in the past. James Jones and Greg Jennings are gone. He's left largely with Nelson and a still emerging Cobb. Everybody else on the WR list is a work in progress. The same goes for the entire TE fleet, except for Quarless. He should know the routes and be dependable, but his whole career has been up and down with some real nice games and some invisible ones.

Rodgers played two good defenses without his usual assortment of clutch players...that's why Nelson has been targeted 30+ times. Rodgers is a good enough quarterback that he will eventually get the ball to other players like Adams, but it will take some time to develop that chemistry. What he's got with Jordy has taken six years to develop.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It´s possible Bostick will put up numbers similar to Finley over the next few years, Quarless won´t be that guy though.
I agree but it isn't absolutely necessary that one guy replace Finley's best couple of years. I think it was pretty much planned this way. The potentially disastrous situation on the O-line is what makes us vulnerable offensively if we don't have a good rushing attack. The RB's were going to take the pressure off the receiving corps.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but if Bostick is the guy then how come a rookie is starting over him while he's on special teams? Hmm??

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts