Have you seen them?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but if Bostick is the guy then how come a rookie is starting over him while he's on special teams? Hmm??
Bostick is just now coming back from injury. It also could be that the staff is happy with Rodgers progression to this point.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where in the world are the tightends? Absolutely no production from them in 2 games. It may not be a big deal now but when you play teams that like the cover 2 and get in the red zone a good tight end is wanted. If The Packers had a real threat at tightend they wouldn't need to kick so many field goals which I'm sure drove us all crazy today. I see nothing special about Rogers, Quarless or Bostic.

Protection was not very good for the last game and a half. I don't Rodgers looked much beyond his second read. Mostly he's been targeting Nelson and Cobb. Although he did work Adams into the passing game once his protection stabilized a bit. I think as protection stabilizes we should see more targets to the tight ends.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since TT hasn't been lighting the world on fire with his early round draft picks lately what would it take to obtain Delanie Walker from TN? I don't buy them as a serious contender and he is not the youngest man in the league but he would make this offense a hell of alot more dangerous and balanced.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Where in the world are the tightends? Absolutely no production from them in 2 games. It may not be a big deal now but when you play teams that like the cover 2 and get in the red zone a good tight end is wanted. If The Packers had a real threat at tightend they wouldn't need to kick so many field goals which I'm sure drove us all crazy today. I see nothing special about Rogers, Quarless or Bostic.
Ok, so what do you want to do about it?
This may be a dumb question but if Bostick is the guy then how come a rookie is starting over him while he's on special teams? Hmm??
I think you answered your own question.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Here's your answer, Directly from Arod.

"This last week and the second half of the Seattle game, our tight ends were not pass-receivers first. They were blockers first, and more specifically, pass-blockers. The last game-and-a-half, they've been doing a lot of pass-protection stuff and check-downs. "

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Since TT hasn't been lighting the world on fire with his early round draft picks lately what would it take to obtain Delanie Walker from TN? I don't buy them as a serious contender and he is not the youngest man in the league but he would make this offense a hell of alot more dangerous and balanced.
Ok, in this fantasy world, lets say TT goes and gets Walker from Tennessee, it's gonna cost a pick and how long do you think it would take for Delanie to master this offense? So you would be giving away a future young player for an older player who may not ever be able to contribute in your offence. We are only two weeks into the season and your in panic mode? Your going to have a long and unhappy season.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The core issue is that Aaron Rodgers lacks the talent diversity that he's had in the past. James Jones and Greg Jennings are gone. He's left largely with Nelson and a still emerging Cobb. Everybody else on the WR list is a work in progress. The same goes for the entire TE fleet, except for Quarless. He should know the routes and be dependable, but his whole career has been up and down with some real nice games and some invisible ones.

Rodgers played two good defenses without his usual assortment of clutch players...that's why Nelson has been targeted 30+ times. Rodgers is a good enough quarterback that he will eventually get the ball to other players like Adams, but it will take some time to develop that chemistry. What he's got with Jordy has taken six years to develop.

I think it is a little to early to say he lacks the "talent and diversity". Jennings had a break out year the same year Rodgers did. Plus, what has Jennings done since he left Green Bay? JJ was one of my favs but it was obvious he lost a step last year and he was already a possession type receiver. It would be nice to have Finley but we have two good prospects in Bostick and Rodgers.

I think the offense is poised to be better then ever. We have two really good running backs. Lacy will get on track. Devante Adams is the real deal and let him get a few more games under his belt. Bulaga might be the most important player on offense behind Rodgers. With Bulaga in there you don't need Kuhn in the back field to help out and the playbook opens up big time. McCarthy can be more aggressive and also run to the right side. Not having Kuhn in there allows you to have another weapon out there.

Right now this offense is in 2nd gear and hanged 31 on the Jets. Getting Bulaga back and healthy is key. As long as he can stay healthy IMO they will get better as the season goes. We want them peaking at the end of the year anyways.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, in this fantasy world, lets say TT goes and gets Walker from Tennessee, it's gonna cost a pick and how long do you think it would take for Delanie to master this offense? So you would be giving away a future young player for an older player who may not ever be able to contribute in your offence. We are only two weeks into the season and your in panic mode? Your going to have a long and unhappy season.
No panic. I was just wondering what obtaining a guy like that would cost. Having a TE that stretches the field is an important aspect of this offense and its non-existent now.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No panic. I was just wondering what obtaining a guy like that would cost. Having a TE that stretches the field is an important aspect of this offense and its non-existent now.
Well its been two games against good defenses. The last game we were down 14 and then 18 pretty quick. Jets were getting some pressure on early. It looked to me McCarthy had to what he had to do to get back in the game. I think we have capable guys on the roster who are athletic and can catch the ball at the TE position. Lets see what happens over the next few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny because I was thinking Delanie Walker as well. Here's a guy who is another version of Vernon Davis but without all the hype. I think he would be a beast in this offense.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tightend song:

As I see their everywhere I go...on the streets... Or even at the movie show...have you seen them??...tell me have you seen them?? (seen them ) lol

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's funny because I was thinking Delanie Walker as well. Here's a guy who is another version of Vernon Davis but without all the hype. I think he would be a beast in this offense.
This Delany Walker guy must have had a good game this week, hmm???

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So if we get Delany Walker our offense is gonna go to another level? I don't think so. Like McCarthy said the TE's have been having to stay in and block. Bulaga apparently looked good today and McCarthy is optimistic of him playing this week. If that's the case it will be a whole new offensive game plan this week.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You know what I don't get? The Packer medical staff takes things so incredibly cautious typically, but then sometimes they just throw that out the window and take completely unnecessary risks. Like why in the world was Lacy playing? It's early in the season and he clearly wasn't healthy. Now they are trying to rush Bulaga back. Again, it's early in the season and he probably isn't ready. We should be giving Bulaga at least 4 weeks IMO. The more we can give him the better. We're tied for first in the division right now, so this isn't a must-win game, and nobody in our division looks dominant. I just don't get it. But when our playoff lives our on the line, it seems like that is when they choose to be overly-cautious.

They are usually way over-cautious and we don't know how bad Bulaga is hurt. I agree, if there is good chance for injury to get worse then sit him. He is way to valuable to this offense IMO. I would much rather have him for the stretch run then rush him back and risk season ending injury if that is the case.

If I see bulaga play Sunday and pull up on that knee I am gonna go crazy. We need him when it really counts.

As far as Lacy I also agree. I mean that's why you got Starks and Dejuan Harris. Lacy didn't look himself at all out there Sunday.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You want to know what I don't get? McCarthy comes out and say he has "total confidence" in Sherrod and then come mid-way through the first quarter you got Kuhn in the backfield or a TE or sometimes even both.

I don't think Delanie Walker is even a topic right now because we don't know really know what even got at TE. I mean other then a few drives against Seattle we haven't had Bulaga at right tackle so we haven't even really been able to see how McCarthy wants to really run the offense. We have also had to deal with this playing two of the best "front sevens" in the NFL. One of them in the most difficult environment in the NFL.

I would like to see this thing run with Bulaga in there the way they had planned before they start reaching for a 30 yr old TE and giving stuff up.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If they wanted to bring a veteran TE in they should of signed Owen Daniels when they had the chance. He looks like he has some ball left in him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm not a big FA guy, but there are positions that can be filled for pretty cheap. Safety is one of them, and TT didn't make a move last year even though there were players on the market that were obviously better than MD Jennings, and we could've had them for cheap. This year, TE might be the position. I doubt TE alone will cost us the season like S did last year for us, but there are decent TE's that can be signed every year for cheap.

By the way, I agree with a lot of what you said about how MM hasn't been able to run this offense the way he wants to because of the injury to Bulaga, and even to Barclay. And watching Sherrod, wow is he terrible. No amount of sacks, hurries, or hits can really speak to how terrible he is. I'm not sure if it's all mental or mental and physical, but the guy can't move.

Yeah I am not a big FA guy either. It always looks so tempting but if you look at most teams that have aggressively partaken in it they usually don't work out. They did bring Owen Daniels in though for a visit I remember. A lot of people here wanted TT to get Byrd. I knew that was never gonna happen. The guy I wanted them to get was D'qwell Jackson to help shore up the middle. He was long gone early.

Yeah to me Bulaga might be the 2nd most important player on offense behind Rodgers because there is just such a drop off after him. The playbook just shrinks. Sherrod is even worse run blocking then he is the pass. I think that's why McCarthy isn't to concerned because he knows Bulaga is okay and coming back. Maybe it's not that bad of an injury and they figured they could get by Jets without him. This is what I am hoping.

I want to see this offense finally the way it was set up to run. It's been a long wait.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm not a big FA guy, but there are positions that can be filled for pretty cheap. Safety is one of them, and TT didn't make a move last year even though there were players on the market that were obviously better than MD Jennings, and we could've had them for cheap. This year, TE might be the position. I doubt TE alone will cost us the season like S did last year for us, but there are decent TE's that can be signed every year for cheap.

By the way, I agree with a lot of what you said about how MM hasn't been able to run this offense the way he wants to because of the injury to Bulaga, and even to Barclay. And watching Sherrod, wow is he terrible. No amount of sacks, hurries, or hits can really speak to how terrible he is. I'm not sure if it's all mental or mental and physical, but the guy can't move.

The playbook without Bulaga is "everyone stay in and mass protect" , "jordy go get open"

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I was one of the people that wanted Owen Daniels. The guy ended up signing for $1 million over 1 year. He currently has 9 catches (on 11 targets) for 62 yards, 2 TD's, and 6 FD's. Those stats are only over 2 games, but they project to 72 catches for 496 yards, 16 TD's, and 48 FD's. I'd take that for $1 million, especially when we knew going in that our TE position was questionable even at #1 TE spot, and many packages can easily put 2 TE's on the field at once. TT deserves to take heat for not landing guys like this IMO.

Yeah for that $ why not bring him in. It must of been one of those "overly cautious" deals where they were worried about his leg or something. His leg looked pretty good Thrusday night too me.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have so many play makers, we have to speed up the offense for everyone to get some. Our hurry up offense has some work to do IMO. As a result some group or players production has to suffer. TEs being used for blocking is a factor too, but doesnt seem to be stopping Lacy from catching some balls...All in all out offense hasnt really caught full stride. Shown flashes, and flops...

I want to see the big five make a comeback!!! Jordy 6'3" 217. Cobb who slices and dices at 5'10 192. Boykin 6'2" 218.
Then you got Adams the beast at 6'1" 215. and the wild card Janis at 6'3" 219, who can make the circus catch but more importantly, his top end speed will KILL defenses.............nobody on the other team knows how fast he is top end.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bulaga is rushed back that means The staff has no confidence in Sherrod. Hence the extra protection as well.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Hang tight. Give it a couple of weeks. Once the pass protection solidifies then the TE's will start showing up. They have been having to block since we have two rookies on the O line right now (Yes I think Sherrod should be considered a rookie)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
You know what I don't get? The Packer medical staff takes things so incredibly cautious typically, but then sometimes they just throw that out the window and take completely unnecessary risks. Like why in the world was Lacy playing? It's early in the season and he clearly wasn't healthy. Now they are trying to rush Bulaga back. Again, it's early in the season and he probably isn't ready. We should be giving Bulaga at least 4 weeks IMO. The more we can give him the better. We're tied for first in the division right now, so this isn't a must-win game, and nobody in our division looks dominant. I just don't get it. But when our playoff lives our on the line, it seems like that is when they choose to be overly-cautious.
They won't play Bulaga if there is any possibility of making the injury worse. If it's one of those play thru pain things, then he's in the game. Lacy's issue wasn't health, it was a very stout Jet Front and an O line that is still reeling from injuries. Combine that with a 21 point deficit and a weak Jet secondary is why you didn't see lacy with many touches.

Members online

Latest posts