Have to give McCarthy credit

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2013 was one of those years no doubt, despite many misgivings MM hands out every now and then, can everyone please give him credit for this; through out the whole season and especially when Rodgers was out, our worst lost was against the Lions.(In that game Flynn was the Lion Ds punching bag). Other than that MM did keep the Pack in so many games and the ones we did lose were close ones, even if it didn't seem so. The whole back QB issue was one of the more uglier if not the ugliest part of the whole season four different Qbs in four weeks, yes we all know MM is very conservative in play calling, and does hurt, but...if his calls were more liberal those losses might have been larger. Really Tolzien was a turn over machine, Wallce ran backwards, Flynn at times seemed a bit rusty and so did Rodgers.

I haven't seen at all anyone calling for him to be fired(which he wont anytime soon), but come one give him some if not a lot of credit for even the close losses.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen at all anyone calling for him to be fired(which he wont anytime soon), but come one give him some if not a lot of credit for even the close losses.

Who isn't giving him credit? You sound as if there is some kind of ground swell to have him fired. There's not. MM is an outstanding coach and if we fired him he'd have a new job within 24 hours. My ONLY complaint about him is his loyalty to Capers. Hopefully that changes very, very soon, but if it doesn't, so be it. MM pretty much had a **** hand to play this year with all the injuries to very important players and yet he led this team to a winning record and a divisional championship.

BayArea510

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like McCarthy as your head choice as he likes to make the difficult decisions for your team and stands by them. I don't ever recall him throwing a player under the bus for anything and always has the best interests at hand for his players. I think he's a great play caller and with a few more pieces and healthier players GB can get a lot further next season.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not real sure why McCarthy deserves credit for the NFC North sucking...he's a terrific coach when it comes to preparing for the game but his in game coaching is very much up in the air. His mind-numbingly stupid decision to run the draw with Eddie Lacy a couple weeks ago as time was running out in the first half was the only reason that Lacy was injured for these past few weeks.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Coach McCarthy deserves a lot of credit for taking an injury riddled team through a tough schedule to win the Northern Division Title. He deserves our respect and our loyalty. No one could have predicted the injuries to critical starting players and how Coach McCarthy and his Staff would have to do the best with what they had. I agree with some that the Defence could use new leadership. I also would agree with some that Ted Thompson's methods do not always serve the best interest of competition, but rather the accounting department. The Offensive Line needs a leadership change too. Much research and thought will need to occur before April's NFL Draft.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like McCarthy as head coach of the Packers.
I can't think of anybody I would trade him for.
He is steady and level headed, he has kept our team together and competitive (winning) in the most difficult of times.
That said, I would like to see him turn over the play calling duties over to someone with a little more imagination.
That said, there is an old saying, "be careful what you wish for".

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think McCarthy does a great job of play calling. I think he's a very good head coach.

I have one major issue with him of late and I for the life of me have no clue what the hell he's thinking. How can he possibly justify not having Lacey on the field and giving Lacey the ball in short yardage???! Are you kidding me?!!!!

Even when he's throwing on short yardage, how do you not have him in there for play action?????! WTF???? That is just idiotic. Giving Kuhn the ball and having Lacey on the bench for all of the short yardage for the past 3 weeks may be the most ignorant thing he's done since coming to Green Bay. He's done it on almost every short yardage situation for the past 3 weeks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts