Have the Packers EVER had a stud back?

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little younger so I can't remember much past Mike Sherman, but who have been genuine "studs" since then? Does stud mean elite? Do you have to be more than a one year wonder (Javon Walker, Samkon Gado?)

All I can say for sure is there is a direct correlation with having a stud quarterback and winning championships. There is not with a RB. It's tough in the NFL to have both. I think we've chosen correctly with Favre and Rodgers in the past 20 years, you won't hear any complaints from me.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So like I said, you have to go back to Brockington/Hornung to find anyone other than Green. 40 years. One stud back. I don't find that impressive.
Care to discuss stud QBs? It has only been on rare occasion that the Packers have EVER not had a stud QB, even though that QB may not have always had a good team around him. I'll take the tradeoff.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good question tho. I thought Ahman Green was a stud but Levens to me was a "capable" back. Meaning he wasn't considered elite at one thing but he was solid in multiple areas. I would like to see if Franklin or Lacy could be the next "stud" back. Lacy runs with power and great vision but Franklin is a capable wr who is both elusive and explosive. Will one emege as the "guy"? we shall see.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts