1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Have the Packers EVER had a stud back?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bus Cook, Sep 24, 2013.

1. TimthePackerFan

TimthePackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I always enjoyed Terdell Middleton, he had one thousand yard season in 1978.

2. PackersGirl

PackersGirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Levens could have been pretty good if it wasn't for the Madden curse ;)

3. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    you can throw in Dorsey Levens

4. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +374
    I'm a little younger so I can't remember much past Mike Sherman, but who have been genuine "studs" since then? Does stud mean elite? Do you have to be more than a one year wonder (Javon Walker, Samkon Gado?)

All I can say for sure is there is a direct correlation with having a stud quarterback and winning championships. There is not with a RB. It's tough in the NFL to have both. I think we've chosen correctly with Favre and Rodgers in the past 20 years, you won't hear any complaints from me.

5. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +809
    Care to discuss stud QBs? It has only been on rare occasion that the Packers have EVER not had a stud QB, even though that QB may not have always had a good team around him. I'll take the tradeoff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Good question tho. I thought Ahman Green was a stud but Levens to me was a "capable" back. Meaning he wasn't considered elite at one thing but he was solid in multiple areas. I would like to see if Franklin or Lacy could be the next "stud" back. Lacy runs with power and great vision but Franklin is a capable wr who is both elusive and explosive. Will one emege as the "guy"? we shall see.

• Like Like x 1