Have faith in MLF's O

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think so.
Packers were good in the first half when there was a fair mix of run and pass.

Completely abandoning that strategy was, to be kind, perplexing. When MLF's offense is ran properly at all times, it's a very effective offense. But his ability or inability to adjust leaves much to be desired.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happens in the 2nd half of these games? Is it just me? It feels as if the team stagnates. Maybe the stats show differently but it just feels off, and not just this year.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happens in the 2nd half of these games? Is it just me? It feels as if the team stagnates. Maybe the stats show differently but it just feels off, and not just this year.

Has everyone forgotten the Pats game already? There’s no rhyme or reason, the DC sucks and the offense is gimped with zero downfield playmakers.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has everyone forgotten the Pats game already? There’s no rhyme or reason, the DC sucks and the offense is gimped with zero downfield playmakers.
The Pats game was the harbinger of what's to come. This is the team we will see from here on out. We'll get to see how they respond to adversity but the offense has a weird flow to it. Hopefully ML can get it figured out.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless Watkins or Watson open up the field, the offense will struggle to put up points. It's easy for DC's to crowd the LOC to take away the shorter passing routes. After 5 games, this team reminds me more and more of the 2015 squad.

Reaction score
What I’m seeing is a Defense who plays good, but has some bad moments. Unfortunately they have to hold opponents to <15-20 points per game (or less) or we get in big trouble, because our Offense is extremely sporadic and relatively inefficient. What happened to 30 points per game?
We’re now 96 points in 5 contests and Our O is directly responsible for turnovers -2Safety, -7 INT, -3FG (btw that the Defense held to -5 in the ensuing series and a 56 yard FG)

So 84 net points in 5 contests or 16.8 per points scored per opponent. What team can be ultra successful with an Offense scoring essentially 17 points per game?

If I told you we scored 17 points per in 17 contests, what final record do think we’d end with?

The Defense is capable of being a little better. That said, it’s not on the Defense imo.

Last edited:

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is it like

written the packers rulebook or something

where they are contractually obligated to, at least once per half, burn a timeout because they cant get the play set in time?

LMAO

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR looks close to done to be honest, he hasn't been that good this year

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers were good in the first half when there was a fair mix of run and pass.

Completely abandoning that strategy was, to be kind, perplexing. When MLF's offense is ran properly at all times, it's a very effective offense. But his ability or inability to adjust leaves much to be desired.
Exactly. But they still struggle with the run game in the red zone. I wish MLF would take a page from the Vikings and get a FB.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a 247RB with thundering thighs who benches 26 reps. He’s bigger and faster than many FB’s
True. But even the great Walter Payton had a FB. Hornung had Taylor. Unless you have a powerful O Line and TE's teams will stack and stop you.

Reaction score
True. But even the great Walter Payton had a FB. Hornung had Taylor. Unless you have a powerful O Line and TE's teams will stack and stop you.
Oh you’re talking to block. I thought you meant to crash through the pile.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh you’re talking to block. I thought you meant to crash through the pile.
Well blocking number one for sure. But a solid FB may block 75 % of the time. But he can also crash the pile. He can also decoy as a blocker and catch a pass. And the defense has to always take that into account regardless of how many times he blocks. Recall a guy named William Henderson. And maybe someone called Kuhn.

Reaction score
Well blocking number one for sure. But a solid FB may block 75 % of the time. But he can also crash the pile. He can also decoy as a blocker and catch a pass. And the defense has to always take that into account regardless of how many times he blocks. Recall a guy named William Henderson. And maybe someone called Kuhn.
Sure. I’m not sure Dillon is yet a good lead blocker, but he’s definitely a formidable player who has to be accounted for in both run and pass

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense runs the ball well exect for short yardage situations. Then the O line gets physically beaten on those plays. While the play calling is questionable, it's not sure MLF is at fault. Rodgers could be changing a lot of plays at the LOS. It's obvious now without Adams and Jordy in 2015, when Rodgers doesn't have a star WR his game regresses a lot. The offense stinks mainly because of Rodgers' poor play. He's matching his ugly sideline antics with mediocre play on the field.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many QBs in the NFL would be looking good with our o-line and receivers?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d argue that they don’t necessarily struggle with it so much as they don’t stick with it and commit to it.
I can just hear Rodgers and MLF saying well we knew they stacked it and we should have tried something else. But yes I believe we need to stick to it until the point the D sells out like it did on the Big Dog TD.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My prediction:

Starting this week (Jets) through the end of the regular season, the Packers will average over 25 points per game.

They're at 19 right now.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My prediction:

Starting this week (Jets) through the end of the regular season, the Packers will average over 25 points per game.

They're at 19 right now.
You have made us very happy. Probably should text Rodgers about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.