Harris out for the year.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this might have been his last game as a Packer. He's 35, and I believe his contract expires at the end of the season... What a sad news...

Yeah, Tramon needs to step up, Underwood needs to step up, Capers needs to be perfect in his playcalling... It's going to be tough...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Who becomes our nickel back now? Underwood? Bush? Either way we're effed.

I don't so much care that Harris is out, because I think he's overrated, I just think we sorely lack the depth needed to overcome losing a starter in the secondary.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who becomes our nickel back now? Underwood? Bush? Either way we're effed.

I don't so much care that Harris is out, because I think he's overrated, I just think we sorely lack the depth needed to overcome losing a starter in the secondary.
Capers kept Williams at nickel, and used Underwood at the right side (of the D) CB... It didn't work out very well...

I liked what I saw from Pat Lee during preseason, but he's out too... Guess it'll be either Underwood or (argh) Bush...

I think teams are going to play it spread against us, as we're a really good run stopping team...

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
What a horrible day. I woke up to find my car broken into and all my stuff stolen, then my favorite player gets a torn ACL and is out for the season, if not his career. As stated earlier... ****.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the only good news in this is that Harris' contract does not actually expire until after next season. We may have him coming back next year but it's really hard to tell at this point. Even though Tramon is a great nickel corner I doubt he has what it takes to become a full fledged starter. This also leaves another two roster spots with the injury to kampman so I guess we can look to the free agency for some help. It's just too bad the Saints signed Chris Mccalister, we sure could use him about now.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the only good news in this is that Harris' contract does not actually expire until after next season. We may have him coming back next year but it's really hard to tell at this point. Even though Tramon is a great nickel corner I doubt he has what it takes to become a full fledged starter. This also leaves another two roster spots with the injury to kampman so I guess we can look to the free agency for some help. It's just too bad the Saints signed Chris Mccalister, we sure could use him about now.
Thought Harris' contract was expiring after this season...

But he's 35, don't know if 36 and comming off a very serious injury, he'll be able to play like he has so far...

And Kampman may have had his last snap as a packer... Or it may be a blessing in disguise.

His value could diminish, he could be a lot less appealing to other teams, and be more willing to re-sign with us!

Don't know, trying to see the silver lining in here.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I never thought of it that way. Kampman's injury would falter his value in the free agency but we all know 1 team who would be interested regardless *cough* Viqueens *cough* Even with the risk of Brett Favre's torn biceps tendon the queens still signed him.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I never thought of it that way. Kampman's injury would falter his value in the free agency but we all know 1 team who would be interested regardless *cough* Viqueens *cough* Even with the risk of Brett Favre's torn biceps tendon the queens still signed him.
Yeah... Those damn vultures... Allways picking our departured players...

Before, I was pretty sure whatever happened, they would tag him... Now, not so sure.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah... Those damn vultures... Allways picking our departured players...

Before, I was pretty sure whatever happened, they would tag him... Now, not so sure.

Barring the injury the smart thing for TT to do is to franchise kampman and trade him afterwards but I agree, the sky above lambeau aren't so clear anymore.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think that it is that bad with Harris being out but we will see in the upcoming weeks. I have this feeling we will see Kampman next year....

in purple.:shock:

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Harris being out is devastating. Kampans presence is also lost for the season. So now we need secondary help, I truly believe that. Whats available on the FA market for a quick pick up?

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Patrick Surtain :shock:
-
About Harris and Kampman: If they do indeed submit to ACL surgery, it'll be six to nine month of recovery. And they'll be in a similar situation that Barnett was: Coming slowly.

So they probably won't be available early next season.

That probably rules out Kampman re-signing, as well as him signing with anyone while injuried.

And Harris will be 36, I don't know if he'll not retire before, or how long it'll take for him to recover. And next season is the last in his contract.

I don't know, I have a sense that this might very well have been their last game as a packer... This game ended bitter to me, but now it's just sad.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a vets presence back there at this point in the season which is a wildcard hunt. No time to break a newer CB. I dont think age matters at this point....

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too bad for both players. While I think that they were both on the downside of their careers, losing their leadership will be a setback. I think we'll be okay at linebacker, but with the Lions on Thursday, I hope we can get the two young corners up to speed. You can bet the teams we face the rest of the way will exploit that side of the field.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is where football becomes football. Lets see what Tramon can do. I seriously think he could have the talent to be one a starter in this league. Lets find out. They need to sign someone as backup, mostly because a decent high schooler plays better than Bush at times.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yep, we won the game, but might have lost the season Sunday. Hate to be a chicken little, but our corners were one reason why we were able to bring pressure with the blitz. Losing Harris is just devastating. We'll have to blitz less...or more depending on how you look at it but my guess is we'll see vanilla D the rest of the year which mean suckering succotash for the season.

Ugh... Two of our BEST on D lost to the exact same injury. What are the chances of that!! Just when the Pack start showing some life on D..BAM!! Not to mention on Grass no less (although it's a mix of real and synthetic).

Does anybody have any info if the turf at Lambeau is contributing to the knee injuries? I know there is a fabric woven underneath or something and the real grass grows into the artificial grass. I wonder if the cleats are catching on the weave or something causing catastrophic knee injuries. I don't remember open field knee injuries when we just had plain old turf. Although it turned into a muddy mess in December. Maybe my memory is bad.

Did we lose Barnett at home or away to a knee injury? I'll have to look that up.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, we won the game, but might have lost the season Sunday. Hate to be a chicken little, but our corners were one reason why we were able to bring pressure with the blitz. Losing Harris is just devastating. We'll have to blitz less...or more depending on how you look at it but my guess is we'll see vanilla D the rest of the year which mean suckering succotash for the season.

Ugh... Two of our BEST on D lost to the exact same injury. What are the chances of that!! Just when the Pack start showing some life on D..BAM!! Not to mention on Grass no less (although it's a mix of real and synthetic).

Does anybody have any info if the turf at Lambeau is contributing to the knee injuries? I know there is a fabric woven underneath or something and the real grass grows into the artificial grass. I wonder if the cleats are catching on the weave or something causing catastrophic knee injuries. I don't remember open field knee injuries when we just had plain old turf. Although it turned into a muddy mess in December. Maybe my memory is bad.

Did we lose Barnett at home or away to a knee injury? I'll have to look that up.
Off the top pf my head I think Barnett was sidelined around the same period... But I don't remember when exactly...

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, Adam Jones is available, right? Wouldn't it be awesome to see ATARI Bigby and PACMAN Jones? Just had to do the pun...:jester:

But in all seriousness, in the state we're at, I would be willing to take him...

But I would rather have Mike McKenzie back... But I think he was taken back by the saints...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are they going to put Chuck on megatron duty on Thursday?

He had a really good game against the Browns although it was the Browns.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, Adam Jones is available, right? Wouldn't it be awesome to see ATARI Bigby and PACMAN Jones? Just had to do the pun...:jester:

But in all seriousness, in the state we're at, I would be willing to take him...

But I would rather have Mike McKenzie back... But I think he was taken back by the saints...
Pacman Jones? Dude do you remember who the GM of the Packers is? lol TT would never consider Jones as "Packer People." But in all seriousness what do you guys think about Dunta Robinson? This guy is clamoring to get out of Houston and at this point what can we trade if we are willing to pursue him?

Members online

Latest posts