Harris get SB Ring?

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Do you think Harris will get a Superbowl ring? The guy mentored a lot of young athletes on the team. Always played 100% when on the field, and gave 110% off it. To me, it is a given that we offer him one... I can assume the general consensus agrees, but is there anybody out there that doesn't think he deserves the offer?

PS: Does anybody know when we would find out if he gets one or not?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought this was already discussed a few weeks ago.

If I remember the general consensus was that he wouldn't since he is with another team?

OP
OP
3irty1

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Eh, but the Packers receive 150 SB rings to give out as the wish, and can order as many as they like. They just have to pay for them. They can give them to anybody they want.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone asked Bob McGinn about that last Wednesday in the chat, he said he wasn't sure what the team would do and hadn't given it much thought. the League pays for 150 rings, whether they give him one or not is up to the team. Personally feel he deserves one as he was on this team till they let him go and he signed with the Dolphins.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should get one. They dont need any more silly stupid press on crap like this. He was a class act when he left. I feel bad Kampman wasnt with the packers this season.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't exactly his fault he got injured and as long as he was with us and as good a guy he was I think we should slip him one - guy probably gave the rookies some good advice this season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somehow I think it's doubtful that they get 150 rings since MM had the team sized before the SB.

What are they going to do?
Order a bunch of misc. sizes?
And just hand them out willy-nilly to folks that have nothing to do with the Pack or them winning the SB?
If that is the case, where do I send my address?

OP
OP
3irty1

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Somehow I think it's doubtful that they get 150 rings since MM had the team sized before the SB.

What are they going to do?
Order a bunch of misc. sizes?
And just hand them out willy-nilly to folks that have nothing to do with the Pack or them winning the SB?
If that is the case, where do I send my address?

They "get up to 150" rings free... yeah the team was sized before the game, but the medical staff, coaches, trainers, practice squad... they all get rings too. All they have to do is call Harris, "Hey we want to offer you a ring for your contributions to this team." Harris - "Yeah ok, my ring size is xx, ship it to here."

Bada boom, bada bing

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why didnt you request him to be in on team picture?

what difference would it make if I asked....he is on another team atm. There is a big difference between being in the Pic while on IR and being in it while on another team, getting the ring is different. I'll look but there might be precedent for other teams

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Harris should get one, unless he's overlooked. He better start tweeting now. LOL

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Super Bowl ring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Last Call: Wrapping up Week 15 - NFL - ESPN
Jim Irsay of Indianapolis recently showed why he is one of the NFL's classiest and most generous owners by sending a Super Bowl XLI ring to former Colts tailback Edgerrin James, who departed as an unrestricted free agent in the spring of 2006. Irsay felt James was such an integral part of the Colts' success leading up to their Super Bowl title that he thought the current Cardinal should have a ring.

there, James got one after the Colts won, so there is history of it happening.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats fine for the Colts

Personally I dont agree with it..If the Pack do it, very classy on their part..

But for me nope..

Again he should been in team picture too, or people asking for him to be.

He is or was cut by Fins or put on IR from them, so he isnt on another team

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he was in teh meeting rooms giving advice to sam shields and tramon williams at the beginning of the year, if he was, he deserves a ring. IF he was doing the Brett Favre, i'm too good to hang out with the rookies and pass on knowledge then no he doesnt deserve a ring.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he was in teh meeting rooms giving advice to sam shields and tramon williams at the beginning of the year, if he was, he deserves a ring. IF he was doing the Brett Favre, i'm too good to hang out with the rookies and pass on knowledge then no he doesnt deserve a ring.

I think it was more the former than the later, Harris was a much better teammate than Favre was over the last couple years he was in GB. Hell he was pretty disappointed after being let go over Starks though he didn't have any hard feelings for the team and knew it was just business.

Al played 3 games for the Dolphins before getting hurt again and placed on IR then cut on the 31st of Dec. It may have been a point that people forgot about getting him in on the picture when the whole stupid "picturegate"

Packfan14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i forgot which baseball team and player, but the winning World series team gave that player a ring for being on the team.
i'd do it for courtesy and thanks for the service to the team

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they can give out 150 and they can pass them out as they wish, then I think they should give him one. One of the all-time great Packer corners.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should get one. They dont need any more silly stupid press on crap like this. He was a class act when he left. I feel bad Kampman wasnt with the packers this season.

if we had kept Kampman, we probly wouldn't have drafted Clay Matthews, and certainly wouldn't have drafted him and Raji in the 1st round together. Kampman clearly didn't want to be part of the 3-4, so screw it. The players we have did so well because they're selfless and all know their job on the team.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we had kept Kampman, we probly wouldn't have drafted Clay Matthews, and certainly wouldn't have drafted him and Raji in the 1st round together. Kampman clearly didn't want to be part of the 3-4, so screw it. The players we have did so well because they're selfless and all know their job on the team.

:blink::blink: um...they did draft Mathews with Kampman there. He wasn't fit for the 3-4 and is a 4-3 pure rusher.

Sucks he got hurt again this year though :(

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I would like them to give him a ring. But I don't know if it will be done. Remember, this Packers team have something like 70 players on it's roster, not counting coaching staff, management, employees, etc...

BTW, when does the ring comes out? And America's Game? So anxious...

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Red Sox gave Nomar Garciaparra a ring even after trading him to another team. Didn't the Saints last year give out Super Bowl rings to 5 random fans? My biggest disappointment is that Ahman Green doesn't get one, after all his years with the Packers, I guess he can thank Brett Favre for that.

Members online

Latest posts