1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Harris get SB Ring?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 3irty1, Feb 7, 2011.

1. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Do you think Harris will get a Superbowl ring? The guy mentored a lot of young athletes on the team. Always played 100% when on the field, and gave 110% off it. To me, it is a given that we offer him one... I can assume the general consensus agrees, but is there anybody out there that doesn't think he deserves the offer?

PS: Does anybody know when we would find out if he gets one or not?

2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    I thought this was already discussed a few weeks ago.

If I remember the general consensus was that he wouldn't since he is with another team?

3. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Eh, but the Packers receive 150 SB rings to give out as the wish, and can order as many as they like. They just have to pay for them. They can give them to anybody they want.

4. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    someone asked Bob McGinn about that last Wednesday in the chat, he said he wasn't sure what the team would do and hadn't given it much thought. the League pays for 150 rings, whether they give him one or not is up to the team. Personally feel he deserves one as he was on this team till they let him go and he signed with the Dolphins.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    He should get one. They dont need any more silly stupid press on crap like this. He was a class act when he left. I feel bad Kampman wasnt with the packers this season.

6. ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +77
    It wasn't exactly his fault he got injured and as long as he was with us and as good a guy he was I think we should slip him one - guy probably gave the rookies some good advice this season.

7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Somehow I think it's doubtful that they get 150 rings since MM had the team sized before the SB.

What are they going to do?
    Order a bunch of misc. sizes?
    And just hand them out willy-nilly to folks that have nothing to do with the Pack or them winning the SB?
    If that is the case, where do I send my address?

8. bubbahotep

bubbahotep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +54
    I think he does since he was on the pup list and not released until the middle of the year.

9. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    They "get up to 150" rings free... yeah the team was sized before the game, but the medical staff, coaches, trainers, practice squad... they all get rings too. All they have to do is call Harris, "Hey we want to offer you a ring for your contributions to this team." Harris - "Yeah ok, my ring size is xx, ship it to here."

Bada boom, bada bing

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970

Yes it was along with Kampman

11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970

Then why didnt you request him to be in on team picture?

12. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    what difference would it make if I asked....he is on another team atm. There is a big difference between being in the Pic while on IR and being in it while on another team, getting the ring is different. I'll look but there might be precedent for other teams

13. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Harris should get one, unless he's overlooked. He better start tweeting now. LOL

14. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Super Bowl ring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last Call: Wrapping up Week 15 - NFL - ESPN
    there, James got one after the Colts won, so there is history of it happening.

15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Thats fine for the Colts

Personally I dont agree with it..If the Pack do it, very classy on their part..

But for me nope..

Again he should been in team picture too, or people asking for him to be.

He is or was cut by Fins or put on IR from them, so he isnt on another team

16. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    I'm pretty sure he was in teh meeting rooms giving advice to sam shields and tramon williams at the beginning of the year, if he was, he deserves a ring. IF he was doing the Brett Favre, i'm too good to hang out with the rookies and pass on knowledge then no he doesnt deserve a ring.

17. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109
    Even if he got one I'd doubt he'd wear it.

18. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    I think it was more the former than the later, Harris was a much better teammate than Favre was over the last couple years he was in GB. Hell he was pretty disappointed after being let go over Starks though he didn't have any hard feelings for the team and knew it was just business.

Al played 3 games for the Dolphins before getting hurt again and placed on IR then cut on the 31st of Dec. It may have been a point that people forgot about getting him in on the picture when the whole stupid "picturegate"

19. Packfan14

Packfan14 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    i forgot which baseball team and player, but the winning World series team gave that player a ring for being on the team.
    i'd do it for courtesy and thanks for the service to the team

20. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    If they can give out 150 and they can pass them out as they wish, then I think they should give him one. One of the all-time great Packer corners.

21. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    I hope they give him a Ring.

• Like Like x 1
  22. cupacker

cupacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    if we had kept Kampman, we probly wouldn't have drafted Clay Matthews, and certainly wouldn't have drafted him and Raji in the 1st round together. Kampman clearly didn't want to be part of the 3-4, so screw it. The players we have did so well because they're selfless and all know their job on the team.

23. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    :blink::blink: um...they did draft Mathews with Kampman there. He wasn't fit for the 3-4 and is a 4-3 pure rusher.

Sucks he got hurt again this year though :(

24. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Personally, I would like them to give him a ring. But I don't know if it will be done. Remember, this Packers team have something like 70 players on it's roster, not counting coaching staff, management, employees, etc...

BTW, when does the ring comes out? And America's Game? So anxious...

25. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    The Red Sox gave Nomar Garciaparra a ring even after trading him to another team. Didn't the Saints last year give out Super Bowl rings to 5 random fans? My biggest disappointment is that Ahman Green doesn't get one, after all his years with the Packers, I guess he can thank Brett Favre for that.