1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Harris and Bigby both stay Inactive

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Mack_20, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
  2. The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What. Whos decision what that. Was it TT or MM or who.

3. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Why are you guys so shocked that two guys who had little to no training camp can't come back after a just a week of practice?

I wasn't expecting either of them to play.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    My guess both talked about it but MM would be the one you would want to blame.

5. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    I wasn't shocked about Bigby, but I really did believe Harris would be out there. And I believe if we didn't just switch to Caper's defense he would be playing.

6. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Veterans like that don't NEED training camp like others do, its still nice, but they can still go without it if they had to.

Especially Al, you'd think if you brought him in to be our third or even fourth corner he would be a more viable option than what we have, he's been in this league forever! We needed both of these guys today, and one would have been awesome.. I sure hope Brett doesnt pick us apart again.

7. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    Thank you. These guys have been out of football for months. I'm sure it will take more than 4 practices to get into game shape.

8. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +182
    I hope there activated this game.

9. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    Who would you put them in for. Tramon Williams and Peprah have been playing pretty good!

10. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Depth. i dont know abot you, but id rather have harris as the #3 corner over shields, regardless of how good he is now.

11. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    This is wrong in so many levels.

First of all, everybody needs training camp. There are different installs on defense every single season. They may not need OTAs and minicamp, but that's another story.

Second of all, the problem isn't that they missed TC. It's that they haven't had any football contact in 6 months. It's one thing to be fully recovered from injury, it's another for your body to be fully prepared for football. It's not even the issue of them playing well, which they probably wouldn't, given the little practice time. It's the fact that their body isn't ready for the kind of punishment, so they probably could play one game, but they would re-injury themselves in the process.

12. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    you think they'll be activated this week?

13. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    I hope so! But only if they are ready to play. No sense in them getting on the field if they can't GO! Packers Rock!

14. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

15. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +182
    Its seems like bigby and al harris will be activated this week by the sound of MM. he said that they were running with the first team Defence. So im pretty amped to see them in action i know al is going to be so amped and bigby will help alot in the run game hes good vs the run.

16. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Ugh! you scared me by bumping this... I thought they were gonna be inactive again this week..

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    haha me too. I assume we should know tomorrow which one if not both will play

18. Packman Chant

Packman Chant Lambeau West

Ratings:
    +22
    Whoah im amp'd to find out, even if they dont thats fine. Its probably for the better. If not against the jets...then against the cowboys im sure. Lets wait and see.

19. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    I think we could rest the entire first string against the Cowboys : )