HAPPY Birthday

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After listening to those 2 on that play, I will find it difficult to criticize any announcers going forward.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
After listening to those 2 on that play, I will find it difficult to criticize any announcers going forward.
Are you criticizing Jim Irwin and Max McGee on a Packer fan board???? Have you no sense of history? Why I oughta boot you outta here for a few months until you learn to show some respect for your elders. Maybe make you do some penance like write a 3 page single spaced book report on their exploits.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at that game. About 20 rows up on the 35 yard line. It happened right in front of us. I saw the hit, the fumble, Reggie's recovery, the lateral and the TD but I didn't see the leap. I doubt many in the stadium at the time did as it was pandalerium. I do remember it was cold.

First time I ever heard Jim and Max on the call though. An instant classic. I love Max's "don't tell me that" after Jim says "He was out of bounds"

Best announcers any team has ever had.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you criticizing Jim Irwin and Max McGee on a Packer fan board???? Have you no sense of history? Why I oughta boot you outta here for a few months until you learn to show some respect for your elders. Maybe make you do some penance like write a 3 page single spaced book report on their exploits.
At least he was right that replay was coming back.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Wayne Larrivee & Larry McCarren, but they pale in comparison to Jim Irwin and Max McGee.

Also, the stunned look on Art Shell's face in that replay video was priceless.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
"My idea came from LeRoy Butler ya know but he stuck to the wall like Velcro"
Forgot about this little ditty:
:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Wayne Larrivee & Larry McCarren, but they pale in comparison to Jim Irwin and Max McGee.

Also, the stunned look on Art Shell's face in that replay video was priceless.
My favorite was old Ted Moore who did it pretty much solo through 1969. He called all those championships. And I guess it was because of his emphatic and descriptive calls that I still can remember details of games from that era. They stuck with a lot us. Ted passed about 15 years ago in a care center outside Milwaukee.

Members online

Latest posts