Gutekunst Presser 3/2/2021 - Takeaways

D

Deleted member 6794

First is the direct contributions by Joe or Jane Fan (forgive me, WIMM, but here I'm talking about something with a receipt or charge).

What??? I have no idea what you're trying to say or what prompted that statement.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people pay obscene amounts so they can sell ad time that is expensive and they pay it because it's worth it to them. If it wasn't, they wouldn't. Everyone has their own set of values on what to spend their money on. I have zero issue with players making as much as they do. Good for them for getting their piece. They do have to be careful, as there is nothing to anything really in this world but perception. If the perception of the average fan changes, they eyeballs available to the advertisers will change and so will the amounts available to the players. I'm always a fan of balance.

The thing about football is it's easy to avoid. I'm not required to buy tickets and every year I even find other things to do most times a game is on except for the Packers. Turning off the TV is easy. I don't have to contribute at all. But if everyone else does they'll still make all that money, but it's ok, because I can easily not watch. If they alienate everyone, then the money won't be there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What??? I have no idea what you're trying to say or what prompted that statement.

Jane and Joe Fan are just his terms for your "average fan". and I think he was questioning why the NFL has sooooo much money to work with every year. Because many people complain they don't have any disposable income, he's wondering what amounts the average fan pays directly to the NFL as in they buy their shirts, merch, tickets vs. what the NFL makes on them indirectly. meaning they might watch on broadcast TV, but the networks and advertisers are paying those costs for a share of their eyeballs to put advertisements to them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Here is a novel concept, a person can be displeased by certain aspects of a process and still choose to participate in the process. That same person can speak out as to how they think the process can be improved and still actually understand the process.

I voluntarily live in the United States, I may not like everything about it, but fortunately, I am free to engage in conversations as to how it can be improved. People telling me "if you don't like it, move to X country", are just being naive and fearful of change. So for someone to tell me "stop watching the Packers if you don't like the economics of the game" is right up there with me telling them to stop watching when they complain about the officiating or some other aspect of the game.

For those who think that the economics of the NFL only occur in a tiny bubble, one that only involves and effects those who directly participate in it, think harder.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Jane and Joe Fan are just his terms for your "average fan". and I think he was questioning why the NFL has sooooo much money to work with every year. Because many people complain they don't have any disposable income, he's wondering what amounts the average fan pays directly to the NFL as in they buy their shirts, merch, tickets vs. what the NFL makes on them indirectly. meaning they might watch on broadcast TV, but the networks and advertisers are paying those costs for a share of their eyeballs to put advertisements to them.

I understood that but have no clue what he meant with the comment directed at me.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lately threads are having an awful time staying on topic lol....

I frost seeded my clover plots on Friday and last night we watched the Crown

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts