Guion released

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As i see it only room on roster for 5 dlinemen. Daniels, clark, lowry the starters with jean francios and adams getting snaps rotationally. Unfortunately the injury to adams likely firces tt to keep 6 dl on his intial 53 man roster. Guion wasnt available to be that 6th guy wnd he wasnt good enough to push any of the top 5 off the roster

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I say thank the Lord somebody saw sense and offloaded the idiot. We don't need idiots like this. Once is a mistake and acceptable but anything more than that is just plain stupidity.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Must have waited too see how the young pups look. See if we can do without him. Or perhaps whispers from league office is he will be hit with a another suspension for the DWI.

THIS.....Wouldn't surprise me if the league was getting ready to tack on additional penalties for his June DUI to his already 4 game suspension for PEDS. Guessing Packers got wind of what that might be and cut ties.

Hope for him, his family and anyone he may affect, he gets his life together.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I was at practice today with the defense right in front of me when the announcement came over my phone.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crap.... I guess that. means we are sticking with the same chizzy 2 man front. I am learning to hate this scheme.

Yesterday Wilfork retired, and today we drop Guion. Bad week for me.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About time. Not only did this guy not really bring much to the field. And I don't really care about football players having to be role models,not any entertainment figure should have to. But when he's getting paid to be a contributor to the team and he is spending all this time suspended. Then it's time to cut ties

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About time. Not only did this guy not really bring much to the field. And I don't really care about football players having to be role models,not any entertainment figure should have to. But when he's getting paid to be a contributor to the team and he is spending all this time suspended. Then it's time to cut ties
Guion was a huge strength of our dline since he got here. It's just that he didn't have a decent rotation to keep him fresh. Imo.
It seemed our dline was back to functional with Daniels and Guion on the field. But still under manned. Eventually one or the other would get hurt. And the whole defense seemed to go into neutral...and the def wouldn't get back going until they were both healthy again.

I'm assuming this has a lot to do with how well lowry and price are looking. Adams will most likely start after pup comes back week 7. Giving GB 5 Dlinemen Daniels,Francois,Clark,lowry,price, and a mid season replacement.

Could be making room for the 8th wr too?

The $3mil in cap space will make Thompson happy too.

Anyways. I was just looking forward to having a stacked dline. Guion week 8 is better than no Guion at all... imo

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Adams will most likely start after pup comes back week 7
I read this to mean you believe Adams will be on the PUP list until week 7. You've been here long enough to have learned that once you clear the physical and start practice for the season, you cannot be put on the PUP list. IR and brought back, yes but not the PUP list.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say thank the Lord somebody saw sense and offloaded the idiot. We don't need idiots like this. Once is a mistake and acceptable but anything more than that is just plain stupidity.
Totally agree Bill. He showed no interest in the team or trying to improve himself. Cut the cancer out and move on.
Go Pack! I know it's only preseason, but I am pretty excited to see the Pack on the field again tomorrow.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calling him a "cancer" is a bit much; I'd heard that part of the reason that they kept him around is that he's a good hype man in the locker room and brings some good attitude. My assumption was that a) they think he's gonna miss even more time and b) Brian Price is doing really well.

It's not like Guion was some world beater out there, but he did fill a role that they needed only rarely, but when they needed it they needed it BAD. I remember the 9ers running right over them to ice out a playoff game and they just couldn't stop the run even though everyone knew it was coming. Whenever a team had the ball with six minutes left and a lead it was over because Raji and A.J. Hawk weren't up to stuffing the run. Guion was good for that and one the goal line. Obviously the defense is more focused on stopping the pass than anything else and so guys like Guion and Pennell aren't core guys, but when you need a guy like that and don't have him it's really, really hard to watch.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I was at practice today with the defense right in front of me when the announcement came over my phone.
Weeds, how have Clark, Lowry and Price looked in practice. I haven't seen any stats this year on how guys are faring in the one on one drills.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm assuming this has a lot to do with how well lowry and price are looking. Adams will most likely start after pup comes back week 7. Giving GB 5 Dlinemen Daniels,Francois,Clark,lowry,price, and a mid season replacement.

Could be making room for the 8th wr too?

The $3mil in cap space will make Thompson happy too.

Anyways. I was just looking forward to having a stacked dline. Guion week 8 is better than no Guion at all... imo

Adams isnt eligible for pup unfortunately.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably had more to do with him facing more suspension time coming from the DUI and already facing a quarter of the year suspended for another incident. He's not good enough to just keep around taking up reps and time and training time and resources when he's never available for the entire season. By all accounts he was well liked by coaches and players in that locker room. Cancer isn't what I'd call him either.

He wasn't a world beater, but he was fairly valuable stopping the run game. but if he can't be available and given multiple chances, it's time to say good bye

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Weeds, how have Clark, Lowry and Price looked in practice. I haven't seen any stats this year on how guys are faring in the one on one drills.

Clark impressed the hell out of me. Honestly, the other two escaped my line of sight.

Brian Purdy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guion's strength was run stopping. Played high letting o-lineman to get under his pads and drive him. Pass rusher? Not much. He needed to be cut. Can't play in the NFL without skill. Lazy and selfish, former Viking

Members online

Latest posts