1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Guess What? : Brett Favre

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I recall someone on this forum saying if Brett doesn't have a perfect game we have no chance.

Guess what? We don't need Brett to have a perfect game to win. Today proved that.

We do need our defense to show up though lol.

2. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    our defense is really really good. stepped up today. won the game. despite the offense.

3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    2 things about both QBs today.

1) Favre should have had 2 TD passes.

2) If Campbell had WRs, he probably would have had 350+ yards. I now have a lot of respect for this young kid. I hope he has a good career (unless he's playing us, of course).

4. screwballl

screwballl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    It was sloppy on both sides of both teams. Luckily Favre kept our O slop moving. The D still needs lots of work to keep this team afloat.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think it's a great thing that Brett can be less than perfect(very less than perfect) and pick up a win against a scrappy team.

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    That is very true about 2 TD's. The phantom holding call and the no call on the force out on Bubba's TD.

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trom - You gave the MVP to Kampman? Well, he was good, but I think Woodson won the game for us. He made some good stops, and recovered 2 fumbles (running one back for a TD and the other a heads up play when a punt hit one of our guys in the leg).

8. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre should have had two easy TD's on long passes to wide open receivers and both times he threw interceptions. Unbelievable. On the other hand, he had two TD's taken away by the refs.

9. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Its not a 1 man team and i think tonight proved that cause Favre didn't score a TD so our points to happen somewhere else

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Woodson also made a LOT of bad plays, which hurt his MVP voting.

there's votes...

inside my brain.

but he did mess up a lot too. some great plays, and some horrible ones....they offset...

also the fact that kamp's 2 sacks were in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line. Clutch, baby, clutch.

11. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Very true. :thumbsup: I don't see the 'Skins much, but I must admit this kid had a great game when many around him were failing him.

12. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    DEFENSE!!!!

The Defense is every bit as resonspoible for this start as Favre. This was a great performance by the Defense. Atari Bigby, Johnny Jolley, Nick Barnett, Aaron Kampman, and Charles Woodson had fantastic games.

13. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    At least now the D is playing so well I can look past the illegal contact flags we're known for. Just comes with having good aggressive corners

14. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, I don't think that we're giving the D enough credit here. They won this game for us. No one else. They made exceptional plays all day long, and never gave up a huge play. Great to be 5-1 into the bye.

15. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great points Z2C, this was excellent to see from the team and gives me more hope than any of the previous games !!!

Cheers :packbeer:

16. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Very well put.

Defense carried us today. ESPECIALLY in the 2nd half.

I see the Cowboys game as the homefield clincher.

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Those calls REALLY got me. I don't see HOW a ref didn't see that as a forceout. Even with being shoved out, Bubba got one foot in. He would have come down inbounds. JMO
    I wonder if MM will get another call from the NFL saying "Whoops! My bad!"??

18. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    We beat a pretty good team, I definately think the Redskins will go to the playoffs.

19. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Play of the game.. Williams staying wide on the reverse.. keeping Moss inside and then having the sense to pop the ball out of there. That right along with Kampman 2 sacks late and KGB providing pressure consistently.

Overall sloppy game as been stated, but it was good to see the front 7 of this team carry us today. As Zombie said, it is a good thing the Redskins have hands challenged receivers.. or it would have been a long frustrating day.

That Redskin team is the best we have played yet this year minus the recievers.

Glad we won and even more stayed healthy.. won without a offense today..

20. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The thing is, did we really not have an offense? Let's say the refs didn't suck. There would be 2 more TDs by us. That's 11 more points -> 28 points, which would be a good point total.

I know we're not supposed to play what ifs, but I'm just saying....

21. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    True. I didn't take that into account. I think he got 2 penalties, one costly, and fell down once (but luckily the Redskin WRs can't catch the ball).

He did make one sick tackle for a loss though. That was sick!

22. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Woodson is player of the game, easily.
    He had an INT.
    He gave up zero points.
    He recovered a fumble.
    He ran his one fumble recovering in the end zone for the game clinching score.

23. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kampmans sacks were nice and very clutch. However, without Woodson's awareness to get up and run for the td we don't win. Plain and simple.

24. NJPackFan

NJPackFan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I was definitely impressed by Campbell. Always have been a fan of his and I was hoping the Packers got him instead of Rodgers, but only time will tell on that one.

All in all, I see it as a win's a win. We have plenty of time to work out all the kinks in our game (cough running game cough), So I'm not too worried with the mistakes.

Big game against Denver, as it will be a true road challenge in a pumped up place for MNF.

And I think anyone on here would have signed for 5-1 into the bye week, so let's all keep that in mind.

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    [align=center]PLAY OF THE GAME BY THE PLAYER OF THE GAME[video width=340 height=300]http://play.rbn.com/nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/wmdemand/s2007/nflcom/w06/071014_charles_woodson_cant_miss_300k.wmv[/video][/align]