Guess What? : Brett Favre

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I recall someone on this forum saying if Brett doesn't have a perfect game we have no chance.

Guess what? We don't need Brett to have a perfect game to win. Today proved that.

We do need our defense to show up though lol.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall someone on this forum saying if Brett doesn't have a perfect game we have no chance.

Guess what? We don't need Brett to have a perfect game to win. Today proved that.

2 things about both QBs today.

1) Favre should have had 2 TD passes.

2) If Campbell had WRs, he probably would have had 350+ yards. I now have a lot of respect for this young kid. I hope he has a good career (unless he's playing us, of course).

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was sloppy on both sides of both teams. Luckily Favre kept our O slop moving. The D still needs lots of work to keep this team afloat.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a great thing that Brett can be less than perfect(very less than perfect) and pick up a win against a scrappy team.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

2) If Campbell had WRs, he probably would have had 350+ yards. I now have a lot of respect for this young kid. I hope he has a good career (unless he's playing us, of course).

That is very true about 2 TD's. The phantom holding call and the no call on the force out on Bubba's TD.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a great thing that Brett can be less than perfect(very less than perfect) and pick up a win against a scrappy team.

Trom - You gave the MVP to Kampman? Well, he was good, but I think Woodson won the game for us. He made some good stops, and recovered 2 fumbles (running one back for a TD and the other a heads up play when a punt hit one of our guys in the leg).

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre should have had two easy TD's on long passes to wide open receivers and both times he threw interceptions. Unbelievable. On the other hand, he had two TD's taken away by the refs.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Trom - You gave the MVP to Kampman? Well, he was good, but I think Woodson won the game for us. He made some good stops, and recovered 2 fumbles (running one back for a TD and the other a heads up play when a punt hit one of our guys in the leg).

Woodson also made a LOT of bad plays, which hurt his MVP voting.

there's votes...

inside my brain.

but he did mess up a lot too. some great plays, and some horrible ones....they offset...

also the fact that kamp's 2 sacks were in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line. Clutch, baby, clutch.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Campbell had WRs, he probably would have had 350+ yards. I now have a lot of respect for this young kid. I hope he has a good career (unless he's playing us, of course).

Very true. :thumbsup: I don't see the 'Skins much, but I must admit this kid had a great game when many around him were failing him.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DEFENSE!!!!

The Defense is every bit as resonspoible for this start as Favre. This was a great performance by the Defense. Atari Bigby, Johnny Jolley, Nick Barnett, Aaron Kampman, and Charles Woodson had fantastic games.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I don't think that we're giving the D enough credit here. They won this game for us. No one else. They made exceptional plays all day long, and never gave up a huge play. Great to be 5-1 into the bye.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great points Z2C, this was excellent to see from the team and gives me more hope than any of the previous games !!!

Cheers :packbeer:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
You know, I don't think that we're giving the D enough credit here. They won this game for us. No one else. They made exceptional plays all day long, and never gave up a huge play. Great to be 5-1 into the bye.

Very well put.

Defense carried us today. ESPECIALLY in the 2nd half.

I see the Cowboys game as the homefield clincher.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Zero2Cool said:

That is very true about 2 TD's. The phantom holding call and the no call on the force out on Bubba's TD.
Those calls REALLY got me. I don't see HOW a ref didn't see that as a forceout. Even with being shoved out, Bubba got one foot in. He would have come down inbounds. JMO
I wonder if MM will get another call from the NFL saying "Whoops! My bad!"??

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We beat a pretty good team, I definately think the Redskins will go to the playoffs.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Play of the game.. Williams staying wide on the reverse.. keeping Moss inside and then having the sense to pop the ball out of there. That right along with Kampman 2 sacks late and KGB providing pressure consistently.

Overall sloppy game as been stated, but it was good to see the front 7 of this team carry us today. As Zombie said, it is a good thing the Redskins have hands challenged receivers.. or it would have been a long frustrating day.

That Redskin team is the best we have played yet this year minus the recievers.

Glad we won and even more stayed healthy.. won without a offense today..

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
tromadz said:

Play of the game.. Williams staying wide on the reverse.. keeping Moss inside and then having the sense to pop the ball out of there. That right along with Kampman 2 sacks late and KGB providing pressure consistently.

Overall sloppy game as been stated, but it was good to see the front 7 of this team carry us today. As Zombie said, it is a good thing the Redskins have hands challenged receivers.. or it would have been a long frustrating day.

That Redskin team is the best we have played yet this year minus the recievers.

Glad we won and even more stayed healthy.. won without a offense today..

The thing is, did we really not have an offense? Let's say the refs didn't suck. There would be 2 more TDs by us. That's 11 more points -> 28 points, which would be a good point total.

I know we're not supposed to play what ifs, but I'm just saying....

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
tromadz said:

Woodson also made a LOT of bad plays, which hurt his MVP voting.

there's votes...

inside my brain.

but he did mess up a lot too. some great plays, and some horrible ones....they offset...

also the fact that kamp's 2 sacks were in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line. Clutch, baby, clutch.

True. I didn't take that into account. I think he got 2 penalties, one costly, and fell down once (but luckily the Redskin WRs can't catch the ball).

He did make one sick tackle for a loss though. That was sick!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Woodson is player of the game, easily.
He had an INT.
He gave up zero points.
He recovered a fumble.
He ran his one fumble recovering in the end zone for the game clinching score.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson is player of the game, easily.
He had an INT.
He gave up zero points.
He recovered a fumble.
He ran his one fumble recovering in the end zone for the game clinching score.

Kampmans sacks were nice and very clutch. However, without Woodson's awareness to get up and run for the td we don't win. Plain and simple.

NJPackFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was definitely impressed by Campbell. Always have been a fan of his and I was hoping the Packers got him instead of Rodgers, but only time will tell on that one.

All in all, I see it as a win's a win. We have plenty of time to work out all the kinks in our game (cough running game cough), So I'm not too worried with the mistakes.

Big game against Denver, as it will be a true road challenge in a pumped up place for MNF.

And I think anyone on here would have signed for 5-1 into the bye week, so let's all keep that in mind.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
[align=center]PLAY OF THE GAME BY THE PLAYER OF THE GAME[video width=340 height=300]http://play.rbn.com/nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/wmdemand/s2007/nflcom/w06/071014_charles_woodson_cant_miss_300k.wmv[/video][/align]

Members online