Guaranteed Victory Over Bears?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper the Bears defense is awesome and their offense is weak. On paper the Packers defense should be ok and the offense is suspect. Like most games however, the victor will be the team that plays the best. Mistakes just killed us last year. Those two young guards and the health of Clifton will be huge for us. If those three play well, our offense has a chance to beat this good defense. If they don't play well, you're going to see exactly what you saw in the last two preseason games and it could therefore be a long game.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
If Brett has 0 int & Green has no fumbles

No way Packers lose this game!

Nothings guaranteed besides the fact that it will take a "whole team" effort to beat Da Bears ( not just Brett and Green ) !!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i had a chat with a bears fan this morning & he said "on paper" the bears should win it hands down. he even mentioned our "thin" o-line!! (damnit - i thought that was a secret!! :) )

but then he said he had some concerns about their D which i hadn't heard before.

this is gonna be an interesting start to the season - win or lose.

go pack...PLEASE go pack!!! :)

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would sure be a help if Alex Brown didn't play. I think if we find a way for the young guys to hold up their D-line there's no reason why we can't put points up on them. From watching their offence in preseason there's no reason why they should score more then 10 as long as we don't give them any freebies

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would go out on a limb and say if we have no turnovers, we will win the game for sure. it's also possible that we have a couple turnovers and still win. but i have a hard time believing that we will have zero turnovers. that's a pretty tall order at this point in time

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is always = baby! no matter how either team is playing, we will play it tough...no matter who is better on paper! Lets get it goin!

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
If Brett has 0 int & Green has no fumbles

No way Packers lose this game!
What if Tommie Harris injures Brett in the 1st play?

Yeah I'll shut up. Go Pack!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Bears and the Packers defense is both ver very great bears I would say packers defense is better and the bears defense is overatted, that doesn't mean there bad but I think the hype is always too big for them. As for the offense, quarterbacks Brett Favre is better than Rex Grossman OR Brian Griese, Thomas Jones and Ahman Green (and or all the bears and packers runningbacks) are great, but I'm thinking the packers running game is better. Wide receiver well the bears dont look like they have much. The offenseive line for the bears seem strong where the packs 0-line are rookies and inexpierenced (plus Clifton may not play).

my rating scale

Offense
GB 65%
CH 20%

Defense
GB 30%
CH 75%

Special Teams
GB 5%
CH 5%
------------------------

Box score guess