Gruden shopping for assistants to return to coaching?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ian Rappaport just reported he is contacting his posse for a return....Packers perhaps? I am down!
I don't like McMoron either but I'm not going to get excited about him being replaced UNTIL there is a vacancy.
Otherwise, this is like getting excited of a chance on a date with a Playboy Playmate and she has no idea you exist.

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are doing pretty well with what amounts to their 3rd. option at QB.

Yes, that is true, although it could be argued that it's not really clear who is the best of these three.

I still think, it's a difficult task to get to a 50% win quote with no starting caliber QB. It's no coincidence teams are overdrafting QBs and do everything to find a franchise QB. It's not easy to win games in this league with a below average QB.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That reminds me...
I need to go garden shopping.
Never too early to start planning....

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are doing pretty well with what amounts to their 3rd. option at QB.

Speaking of which, Sam Bradford is a FA in 2018 isn't he? It sure would be nice to have him as a backup assuming he's 100% recovered. Matter of fact, aren't all 3 Vikings QBs free agents? Surely the Packers could nab one of them, I mean the Vikings won't sign all three would they? I'm guessing they'll prioritize Keenum and Bridgewater and Bradford will be let go.

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I like Jon Gruden, we do not need a new Head Coach. We need a 4:3-DC and a defense.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Actually I don't care if a lack of talent or poor coaching is mostly to blame for the defense struggling anymore. Thompson and Capers had seven years to fix it and weren't able to. Therefore both have to be replaced.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, seven years and the defense is only going downhill? Time for new direction. You get shutout twice at home? Time to hit the bricks.

Last edited:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I don't care if a lack of talent or poor coaching is mostly to blame for the defense struggling anymore. Thompson and Capers had seven years to fix it and weren't able to. Therefore both have to be replaced.

Very good point, I agree. It rests on both their shoulders. 7 years is more than enough time. Entire teams can turn over and go from bad to contention well within that period of time and yet we’re still stuck with below mediocrity on defense. Both should be replaced.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very good point, I agree. It rests on both their shoulders. 7 years is more than enough time. Entire teams can turn over and go from bad to contention well within that period of time and yet we’re still stuck with below mediocrity on defense. Both should be replaced.
Jacksonville, Tennessee, Minnesota, and Philly are prime examples of going from zero to hero in just a few years. And none of them had a HoF quarterback.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is poor logic. Jon Gruden can demand a salary comparable to what ESPN paid him.

As was the case with any of the previous 'will he or won't he?' coaching situations. Getting paid more for a cushy job broadcasting is apparently preferable to getting paid that same amount to endure the headaches of coaching.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the HC position for The Green Bay Packers is offered to anyone, they'll take it.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Tennessee, Minnesota, and Philly are prime examples of going from zero to hero in just a few years. And none of them had a HoF quarterback.

Jacksonville is doing it with the NFL's best defense. They retained DC Todd Wash, a Gus Bradley hire, and carefully chose their favorite free agents for him to work with. This strategy allowed the Jags to win 10 games, almost 11, without an All-Pro QB.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That reminds me...
I need to go garden shopping.
Never too early to start planning....
Which also reminds me that I re-watched the excellent and most underrated movie Being There.
Check it out if you haven't already seen it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
That little pr*ck can shop all he wants. I won't work for him damn it. I remember when he was Mike Holmgren's chauffer...riding his bicycle to the stadium every day...even in January.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts