Greg Jennings Packers HOF: Yes or No

Greg Jennings, do you put him in the Green Bay Packers HALL OF FAME?

• Total voters

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Since this seems to be a hot topic of discussion, I thought I would see if there was a thread.

In my opinion, had Jennings kept his mouth shut after leaving Green Bay, he is a guy who gets in. However, if the voting committee takes into account his post Packer life, I would say his continued negativity will keep him out. I guess I have no clue what a voting committee takes into account.

As a fan, I don't want to see him in, if I am basing my opinion on everything I know about the guy, not just what he did in a Packer uniform.

I can say this, if he is inducted, I can't imagine many people showing up for the ceremony.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some of you would be surprised to hear Aaron Rodgers feelings on whether Greg Jennings should get into the Packers Hall Of Fame. I would direct you to find out the thoughts of the players that played with Greg on whether he is deserving of the honor.

Many people here also think that all Packers fans share their opinions. The majority of the people in one fan forum does not represent in any way the feelings of the whole fan base.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Previous pages are 5.5 yrs old but some were saying how the Vikings offered Jennings more to play for them which isn't correct. During his last season with GB the Packers had made him an offer "around" $10Mil/yr and Jennings didn't want it. Ended-up signing with the Vikes for $9Mil/yr. He wanted out of GB, and I'm OK with him (and Valyncia, his sister) being nowhere near the Packer's HOF.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...t-greg-jennings-offered-10m-a-year-by-packers

D

Deleted member 6794

Some of you would be surprised to hear Aaron Rodgers feelings on whether Greg Jennings should get into the Packers Hall Of Fame. I would direct you to find out the thoughts of the players that played with Greg on whether he is deserving of the honor.

Many people here also think that all Packers fans share their opinions. The majority of the people in one fan forum does not represent in any way the feelings of the whole fan base.

In my opinion Jennings is a borderline Packers HOFer. His antics after he left the team should keep him out of it though.

As a side note, you have no idea what Rodgers thinks about whether Jennings should be inducted but you acting like you do is what other posters rubs the wrong the way.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion Jennings is a borderline Packers HOFer. His antics after he left the team should keep him out of it though.

As a side note, you have no idea what Rodgers thinks about whether Jennings should be inducted but you acting like you do is what other posters rubs the wrong the way.
I will let you know that I actually have heard Aaron speak on whether Greg Jennings belongs in the Packers Hall of Fame. YOU DO NOT KNOW ME or know ANYTHING about me or what I know or don't know. You acting like you do is laughable.

I do again direct people to find out the feelings of the players that played with Greg on this issue. Those feelings may surprise some.

D

Deleted member 6794

I will let you know that I actually have heard Aaron speak on whether Greg Jennings belongs in the Packers Hall of Fame. YOU DO NOT KNOW ME or know ANYTHING about me or what I know or don't know. You acting like you do is laughable.

I'm absolutely convinced Rodgers has never talked to you about how he feels on Jennings being inducted into the Packers HOF.

If that's not true provide some evidence for the contrary.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Since none of us, that I know of, get a vote, I will just wait and see what happens with the PHOF Voters. I can see both sides and I am on the side of not wanting GJ in the PHOF, but just my overall opinion of the guy. I loved him when he played for the Packers, so if that is the only determining factory, I would vote him in, reluctantly. However, I would still never attend his ceremony.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he gets in and it won't be a question. It's not like he assaulted someone sexually in a stairwell or something or did **** things with underage girls in a hot tub or anything that might keep him out. Oh wait, that's not really criteria either. Of course he gets in, easily I think.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think he gets in and it won't be a question. It's not like he assaulted someone sexually in a stairwell or something or did **** things with underage girls in a hot tub or anything that might keep him out. Oh wait, that's not really criteria either. Of course he gets in, easily I think.

I'm not convinced about Jennings being inducted into the Packers HOF with Nelson being the next wide receiver to be a shoo-in.

Reaction score
I think one thing people are missing is that while it is true that how we feel about a person should not impact if they get into a HoF; this is the Packers HoF not the NFL HoF. So the Packers themselves can very well take character into consideration when deciding who gets in their own personal HoF. They have that right because it is theirs and theirs only. But obviously none of us know their criteria since we dont work for them lol

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm absolutely convinced Rodgers has never talked to you about how he feels on Jennings being inducted into the Packers HOF.

If that's not true provide some evidence for the contrary.
If you think I take orders from a fan boy on the internet you are even more delusional than I already suspected.

I said I heard Aaron speak on his feelings on whether Greg Jennings deserves to be in the Packers Hall of Fame. I didn't confirm or deny he spoke to me directly about this topic. I'm sure you would like to know who I know, but that is none of your business or concern.

Please carry on obsessing on me. Many have told me they notice it too.

D

Deleted member 6794

I said I heard Aaron speak on his feelings on whether Greg Jennings deserves to be in the Packers Hall of Fame. I didn't confirm or deny he spoke to me directly about this topic. I'm sure you would like to know who I know, but that is none of your business or concern.

Once again, I'm asking for evidence.

Please carry on obsessing on me. Many have told me they notice it too.

I'm sure a lot of posters did :roflmao:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Both James Lofton and Mark Chmura were inducted into the PHOF and I would say their conduct off the field or at least what they were accused of, didn't seem to keep them out.

So Jennings simply being a vocal PITA may not keep him out either.

Reaction score
Does everyone on a SB team get inducted? Aren’t they all worthy?

You should be the driving force behind a SB win if that’s an argument? not the recipient of a “fairness” or “judicial vote” Or “freedom of speech” type induction.

Anyway he deserves an “honorable mention” as a contributing factor but nothing more IMO.

The answer for me is NO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

You should be the driving force behind a SB win, not the recipient of a “fairness” or “judicial vote” type induction.

The answer for me is NO.

There are several former players inducted in the Packers HOF who never won a Super Bowl. In my opinion that's not a criteria necessary to be considered.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

You should be the driving force behind a SB win, not the recipient of a “fairness” or “judicial vote” type induction.

The answer for me is NO.
Well, we gotta take Robert Brooks and Sterling Sharpe out of the Packers Hall of Fame then. They weren't the "driving force behind a SB win."

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Geeesh....with all the back and forths between posters here, I'm starting to think the odds of any of us getting into the "Packer Forum Hall of Fame" is dwindling fast! :coffee:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geeesh....with all the back and forths between posters here, I'm starting to think the odds of any of us getting into the "Packer Forum Hall of Fame" is dwindling fast! :coffee:
it depends on how crazily your house is painted in green and gold, your daily Packers wardrobe, and how many pictures of those things you post here and on social media.

Members online

No members online now.