Greg Jennings Packers HOF: Yes or No

Greg Jennings, do you put him in the Green Bay Packers HALL OF FAME?

• Total voters

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he gets in and it won't be a question. It's not like he assaulted someone sexually in a stairwell or something or did **** things with underage girls in a hot tub or anything that might keep him out. Oh wait, that's not really criteria either. Of course he gets in, easily I think.
you make some uncomfortablely good points.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. I'd expect HoF criteria to be much more than game stats.

He has been a negative influence over the team and organization and I think that should be enough to keep him out.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nope. I'd expect HoF criteria to be much more than game stats.

He has been a negative influence over the team and organization and I think that should be enough to keep him out.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since this seems to be a hot topic of discussion, I thought I would see if there was a thread.

In my opinion, had Jennings kept his mouth shut after leaving Green Bay, he is a guy who gets in. However, if the voting committee takes into account his post Packer life, I would say his continued negativity will keep him out. I guess I have no clue what a voting committee takes into account.

As a fan, I don't want to see him in, if I am basing my opinion on everything I know about the guy, not just what he did in a Packer uniform.

I can say this, if he is inducted, I can't imagine many people showing up for the ceremony.
A slow clap for you digging this old topic back up.

Reaction score
Well, we gotta take Robert Brooks and Sterling Sharpe out of the Packers Hall of Fame then. They weren't the "driving force behind a SB win."
Well a there’s one little difference. Sterling Sharpe and Robert Brooks player 15 total years combined in the NFL and 14 of those years (93.3%) were for us. 1 year was for an AFC team.
Greg Jennings played 70% of his career in GB.

In addition and more importantly, Greg Jennings is the only one of the 3 that likes to purposefully and willfully harass current team members out of spite. To put that in layman’s terms for you, He’s a jerk to the current Captain of our franchise and has been repeatedly supportive of negative comments about team members and coaches. He specifically (and without argument whatsoever) attack’s the Packers franchise on a regular basis has voiced nothing but ILL will for this team. Not a guy I want to offer a commendation award to.

If I’m an owner of a corporation and this guy is a past employee? I’m specifically putting a “do not hire” directive on him and making darn well sure HR is 100% clear that is known for any future inquiries concerning his reputation.
Poor example of character IMO.

But you’re exactly right, we will probably be politically correct here with him being awarded that honor.

Last edited:

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well a there’s one little difference. Sterling Sharpe and Robert Brooks player 15 total years combined in the NFL and 14 of those years (93.3%) were for us. 1 year was for an AFC team.
Greg Jennings played 70% of his career in GB.

In addition and more importantly, Greg Jennings is the only one of the 3 that likes to purposefully and willfully harass current team members out of spite. To put that in layman’s terms for you, He’s a jerk to the current Captain of our franchise and has been repeatedly supportive of negative comments about team members and coaches. He specifically (and without argument whatsoever) attack’s the Packers franchise on a regular basis has voiced nothing but ILL will for this team. Not a guy I want to offer a commendation award to.

If I’m an owner of a corporation and this guy is a past employee? I’m specifically putting a “do not hire” directive on him and making darn well sure HR is 100% clear that is known for any future inquiries concerning his reputation.
Poor example of character IMO.

But you’re exactly right, we will probably be politically correct here and do the wrong thing. But then again the world is full of weak people who make these decisions with no backbone, so I’m not surprised either way.
Ok, so at least you changed your "need to be the driving force behind a SB win" criteria for getting into the PHOF.

I don't like Jennings the person either. I just think he deserves to be in the Packers Hall of Fame.

I mean, Kabeer is in and he isn't my favorite person and while he was a good player and a good pass rusher, he wasn't a great player IMHO.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both James Lofton and Mark Chmura were inducted into the PHOF and I would say their conduct off the field or at least what they were accused of, didn't seem to keep them out.

So Jennings simply being a vocal PITA may not keep him out either.

One difference between what Lofton and Chmura did and what Jennings did is that GJ said negative things directly about the team and its players and coaches and while the actions of JL and MC did project a negative light on the team they didn't set out to portray the team negatively.

JL and MC had made poor choices that reflected poorly on their overall character but didn't affect their "Packerness" if you will. GJs choices have cast doubt on his worthiness to be a Packer if that makes any sense.

Previous pages are 5.5 yrs old but some were saying how the Vikings offered Jennings more to play for them which isn't correct. During his last season with GB the Packers had made him an offer "around" $10Mil/yr and Jennings didn't want it. Ended-up signing with the Vikes for $9Mil/yr. He wanted out of GB, and I'm OK with him (and Valyncia, his sister) being nowhere near the Packer's HOF.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...t-greg-jennings-offered-10m-a-year-by-packers

That is an assumption I have seen no evidence of and I am not sure you can make. Did he refuse the 10 million because he didn't want to play here or did he refuse it because he thought he could make more money elsewhere? If its the latter it isn't anything hundreds of other free agents haven't done and doesn't mean they didn't want to play there. I won't hold it against the guy for thinking he could make more money elsewhere.

my grandma has crocheted little covers for all of her tissue boxes, does that count?

She gets my vote

TECHNICALLY he had his best year statistically with them. I wonder have any other players made the HoF for two teams?

Do all other teams have a HOF? I'm sure there would many who would qualify. Remember we are talking team HOF and not NFL HOF. Reggie white come to mind immediately (Eagles, Packers) Randy Moss? (vikings Patriots) Adam Vinatieri (Colts Patriots.) Jay Cutler (Bears Packers) Oh wait, he'd probably only makes the Packers.

If I were voting I'd put him in. You have to ask yourself if he had just finished his career, even with the vikings, and rode off into the sunset never to be heard from again would you vote him in? If not fine, he wasn't good enough but If you think he would have merited induction in that case I don't see how you can hold a guys personal opinions against him. I realize that almost everyone loves Aaron Rodgers and thinks he can do no wrong but obviously some people don't agree. Whatever they saw they saw it as a big enough fault to voice their opinions on the matter. Who am I to say that their personal opinion is wrong. Its like me telling you you are wrong for liking Miller Lite. OK that's a bad example because Miller Lite sucks and everyone should know that but you get my drift. Its a personal opinion and just because I don't happen to agree with it I'm not going to hold it against the guy.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just came from another site with a lot of Packer fans, and it was a good discussion about whether Jennings should go into the Packer Hall of Fame.

Some say his stats are pretty similar to Antonio Freeman, who's in, so yes they say Jennings should go in.

Other say he's maybe worthy, but the fact that he spurned the organizations strong attempt to keep him as a Packer, should keep him out of the Packer Hall.

Ted Thompson made a strong effort to keep Jennings. We all thought he was gone for sure and Ted wouldn't even try and keep him. We were wrong. Ted waited to extend Rodgers, Matthews, Raji, and said goodbye to Driver and didn't extend Finley, a lot of that was to leave money to keep Jennings.

Jennings got more money from the Grape Ape Nation, and he chose no.
I say for that, I choose no to him in our HOF.
He'll never make the NFL HOF.

Not everyone goes after every extra dollar, flees for the Enemy Purple.
See Driver.

What's your honest vote here, and there are no official criteria.
It's whatever you want, feel.

Driver already is in from this era at WR.
More production, and he didn't take the money to go to the Grape Side.

I vote no, and remember I LOVED this guy coming out of Western Michigan, met his parents at his first NFL game (home shutout loss to the Bears), and I like Jennings Faith.

But some of the things that his big-mouthed sister FOR SURE were ideas she heard from Greg.
He PLANNED on leaving....he expected Miami with Philbin to throw the money at him. But they preferred Mike Wallace.

So he got his next best wish, Minnesota and Adrian Peterson back there with him.
He betrayed the organization to take an extra year $.
For that, he makes this an easy NO for me.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

He's become a butthead.

His play, however, merits induction.

He shouldn't count on a ceremony, however.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always liked Greg Jennings. Boy did he call it in the super bowl. And he really hung on to the ball a couple of times in that game that were not easy. So yes. disclaimer-I have not read hardly any of the crap. And do not like what the majority of sports writers are after. Fame/money and controversy. As opposed to writing about the actual sport. Come to think of it, my grandfather hated sportswriters; so it has been going on a long time. It is just that almost all of them seem shallow these days. Not to mention redundant.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The guy bugs me but I don't know if we have ever really adequately replaced him all these years later.

Sure we had Jordy and Cobb and now Adam's but Jennings was a different type of threat.

D

Deleted member 6794

TECHNICALLY he had his best year statistically with them. I wonder have any other players made the HoF for two teams?

Actually most teams don't even have a HOF.

I mean, Kabeer is in and he isn't my favorite person and while he was a good player and a good pass rusher, he wasn't a great player IMHO.

KGB deserves to be in the HOF as he was the Packers sack leader before Matthews moved past him.

Do all other teams have a HOF?

No, as far as I can tell only the Patriots, Chiefs and Saints have similar HOFs as the Packers. Other teams induct former players in their ring of honor though.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you would be surprised to hear Aaron Rodgers feelings on whether Greg Jennings should get into the Packers Hall Of Fame. I would direct you to find out the thoughts of the players that played with Greg on whether he is deserving of the honor.

Many people here also think that all Packers fans share their opinions. The majority of the people in one fan forum does not represent in any way the feelings of the whole fan base.

Why not? How would one know that?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy bugs me but I don't know if we have ever really adequately replaced him all these years later.

Sure we had Jordy and Cobb and now Adam's but Jennings was a different type of threat.
You're placing WAY too much value in Greg if you didn't believe he wasn't replaceable at the time. After his departure we still had Jordy, James Jones, and Cobb. We were still a formidable threat in the receiving corp as a unit. Then we got Devante.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're placing WAY too much value in Greg if you didn't believe he wasn't replaceable at the time. After his departure we still had Jordy, James Jones, and Cobb. We were still a formidable threat in the receiving corp as a unit. Then we got Devante.
I don't think you give him enough credit. Yeah, he was replaceable in the offense because we had 3 other guys that were pretty good. There's only 1 ball, 3 really good WR's is plenty, that's what made him replaceable.

But you're discounting what he did. Jordy had the back shoulder catches and long play actions. Jones was reliable after he worked on his hands. when it came to run after the catch, Cobb was a 2nd compared to Jennings. He turned guys in circles and was so smooth doing it you never even noticed. And he'd often take a short pass and turn it into 30, 40, 60 yards and never break stride. I'd love to have a guy like him back on this team. His best attributes were wasted in MN because Ponder couldn't throw a ball anywhere past 7 yards that wasn't over someone's head or at their feet.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you give him enough credit. Yeah, he was replaceable in the offense because we had 3 other guys that were pretty good. There's only 1 ball, 3 really good WR's is plenty, that's what made him replaceable.

But you're discounting what he did. Jordy had the back shoulder catches and long play actions. Jones was reliable after he worked on his hands. when it came to run after the catch, Cobb was a 2nd compared to Jennings. He turned guys in circles and was so smooth doing it you never even noticed. And he'd often take a short pass and turn it into 30, 40, 60 yards and never break stride. I'd love to have a guy like him back on this team. His best attributes were wasted in MN because Ponder couldn't throw a ball anywhere past 7 yards that wasn't over someone's head or at their feet.
I kind of find this a bit ironic in a sense since some of you were on the opposing side regarding letting Jordy go rather than keeping him. Clearly he was starting to become injury prone and he had a drop in production in which Jordy, James Jones and Randall Cobb, Jermichael Finley were beating him out. He wasn't the same dynamic playmaker and he wanted to be paid like one when he wasn't. Would he have been an asset on the team, no doubt, but letting him go was fine and a good call.

Members online

Latest posts