Greetings from Australia

Aussie124

Cheesehead
Reaction score
G`day guys,Im from Australia, Ive fallen in love with the game of American Football, and had the pleasure of watching most of last yrs season. When It was time to choose a team to passionately support, I didnt want a team with arseholes for supporters (Steelers) Huge franchises like the Patriots or Cowboys, no way, I want to support a side which comes from a small place, and is built on passionate supporters and a team full of players who are willing to give it thier all,that sounds like the Packers to me!

This question might sound really broad and stupid, but I was wondering what your predictions were for next year? Would it be silly of me to predict a 12-4 season? I`ve read that Aaron Rodgers was originally tipped to be taken at no.1 in the 05 draft? And thier is AJ Hawk in linebacker who is suppose to be a really smart LB who is great at reading plays? It just seems to me we have a very young team who will go out there and fight heart and soul to win, with nothing to lose, and anything is possible?
Love to hear everybody`s thoughts, Cheers guys!

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have another person get on board with American Football and pick the Packers as their team!

12-4 might be a bit high, but it is doable. I am still thing 10 or 11 wins, but after the first 4 weeks of the season, we will know how the packers will fair.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have another person get on board with American Football and pick the Packers as their team!

12-4 might be a bit high, but it is doable. I am still thing 10 or 11 wins, but after the first 4 weeks of the season, we will know how the packers will fair.
I think after the first 4 weeks we will see if we're gonna suck or not. Our initial schedule is the easiest part. We ought to have a very good early start no matter what. But what will show if we're going to the playoffs or not is the Dallas game IMO. If we have more than 3 losses when that game is up, it'll be very though to make the playoffs...

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome!

I know I posted on your previous thread. They have 13-3 potential like I said. They will likely be 9-7 to 11-5 with the new D. The division is weak again, Lions only have Johnson, Cutler does not have enough weapons, and lets face it, Brett did the same thing to the Vikes that he did to the Pack last season. Hopefully it will be a good one, it has the potential. Prepare for some excitement!

faninOz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is nice to see another Aussie on board.

I don't post all that often but I do read lots here so it is good to see another Packer fan from Down Under.

Personally this is my 10th season of supporting them and I take a wait and see attitude until about Week 4 by which time some realistic assessment can be made regarding the strengths and weaknesses of all the teams but particularly regarding the division opponents.

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in regards to your question about players.

Rodgers is a great young quarterback, hes only played one season because Brett Favre was our starter, but he was better than most expected. One of his criticisms was he couldnt finish off a game late, when we were losing. but a lot of the time he got the blame for other peoples mistakes (Mason Crosby)

And hawk is a solid linebacker...he was tipped to be great, but hasnt blossomed yet, we are hoping the new 3-4 defensive scheme will improve him

:)

Members online

Latest posts