green package gets hosed

cheeseheadtv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fricking Gold package gets 2 of the biggest games....why not switch Carolina and Chicago? We had frickin Carolina game last year. What a crock of DUNG.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. It seems like the Gold package people definetly lucked out this year.

What exactly are these packages? Cable packages? I use Direct TV down here to get all the games so I am not quite sure how things work up North?

OP
OP
cheeseheadtv

cheeseheadtv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know- maybe Milwaukee fans are better for the big games....my section has some of the lamest fans in it...like they get mad when you stand up.

OP
OP
cheeseheadtv

cheeseheadtv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jamie said:
I was thinking the same thing. It seems like the Gold package people definetly lucked out this year.

What exactly are these packages? Cable packages? I use Direct TV down here to get all the games so I am not quite sure how things work up North?

Green package is Green Bay Season Ticket Holders

Gold Package is Milwaukee Season ticket holders

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my section has some of the lamest fans in it...like they get mad when you stand up.

Yeah! What the hell is up with that?!?! I've had the same experience. Maybe they aren't aware that there is a Packers game happening.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
Jamie said:

Green package is Green Bay Season Ticket Holders

Gold Package is Milwaukee Season ticket holders

So, if you're a season ticket holder, you don't get to go to every home game?

OP
OP
cheeseheadtv

cheeseheadtv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not unless you own both packages.

It's actually one of Harlan's ways to give back to the Milwaukee fans when the team needed to go to milwaukee to stay solvent.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fricking Gold package gets 2 of the biggest games....why not switch Carolina and Chicago? We had frickin Carolina game last year. What a crock of DUNG.

Being a Gold Package holder I have to say in the 10 yrs I have had tickets I have never gotten the Bears game. It is usually either the MN or Det game and often times an AFC game.
This is the first time I can remember getting 2 premier games.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's actually one of Harlan's ways to give back to the Milwaukee fans when the team needed to go to milwaukee to stay solvent.

It goes back long before Harlan. I remember getting tickets to games in Milwaukee back in the late 70's when I was still in college.

Back then Milwaukee got 3 games a year and GB 5. It was in the 80's I think when they took all the games up to GB to be played and they kept the Green and Gold packages. After a few years they gave 6 games to the Green package and only 2 in the gold package.

You are right however that games were played in Milwaukee because GB was such a small town they needed to get people from a larger city to help support the team.

OP
OP
cheeseheadtv

cheeseheadtv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheeseheadtv said:

It goes back long before Harlan. I remember getting tickets to games in Milwaukee back in the late 70's when I was still in college.

Back then Milwaukee got 3 games a year and GB 5. It was in the 80's I think when they took all the games up to GB to be played and they kept the Green and Gold packages. After a few years they gave 6 games to the Green package and only 2 in the gold package.

You are right however that games were played in Milwaukee because GB was such a small town they needed to get people from a larger city to help support the team.

But They have only been doing Green and Gold packages since 95 and stopped playing in Milwaukee in '94

So Harlan decided to allow a Gold package to thank the milwaukee fans for their support - ie when you were going to games..

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
cheeseheadtv said:

But They have only been doing Green and Gold packages since 95 and stopped playing in Milwaukee in '94

So Harlan decided to allow a Gold package to thank the milwaukee fans for their support - ie when you were going to games..

OK.
The games actually being called green and gold did come out when all the games were moved to GB. (I actually thought it was a little earlier than that but I am sure you are right.)
I also realize Harlan did not have to keep letting the Milwaukee ticketholders have season tickets. They all could have gone to the Green Bay ticketholders. What I meant was that they had two sets of ticket holders even before Harlan was in charge. But I see what you are saying.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the things that will sweeten the Gold package is Brett's Jersey being retired.
They are looking at 4 dates.
Home Game 1 vs MN
Home Game 2 vs Dallas
Home Game 3 vs Atlanta
Home Game 4 vs Indy.

They are letting Brett have some input. I seriously doubt it will be game 2 vs Dallas mainly to appease the Green package fans.
Home opener vs MN is possible but the opener and playing MN always make for a big game anyway. I think it will be Atlanta for two reasons. 1. Indy is already going to be a good game 2. He was drafted by Atlanta and that sort of ties the day all together.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Gold package (of which I am a holder) has been the 2nd and 5th home game every year. They are such because Harlan wanted to make sure the second Gold game was early enough in the season so the Milwaukee tecket holders didn't have as severe weather to drive home. By sticking to the game numbers the team is not put in a position as to which games go to which. It is whatever the NFL decides.

WPR, we (gold) had the tickets for the game against the bears when they blocked our field goal at the end of the game and we lost.

as far as Brett deciding which game to come to, I think it will depend simply on Brett's schedule and not the game. he won't care about Green or Gold. I wouldn't be surprised if it was later so that he can go hunting.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
my section has some of the lamest fans in it...like they get mad when you stand up.

Yeah! What the hell is up with that?!?! I've had the same experience. Maybe they aren't aware that there is a Packers game happening.

are you guys serious!?!

you're supposed to be standing the entire time! i'd probably be more upset with people sitting at a football game. it's not like we're here to watch a movie folks.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
cheeseheadtv said:

are you guys serious!?!

you're supposed to be standing the entire time! i'd probably be more upset with people sitting at a football game. it's not like we're here to watch a movie folks.

correct

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you're a crybaby. You already got punked on Timesfour for the same attitude.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any tickets, so it doesn't matter to me.
I'll be in my usual place, sitting in front of the TV.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any tickets, so it doesn't matter to me.
I'll be in my usual place, sitting in front of the TV.

And I'll be in the Tromadz Gameday Lounge.

I wouldn't mind going to Packers\Bears here in Chicago though.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Grateful. Look it up.